Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Follow @allavitachicago to stay up-to-date with the latest happenings.
An authentic Italian dining experience in the heart of Chicago's lively West Loop neighborhood
We offer an elegant and charming dining experience that keeps guests coming back again and again. Our large menu of regional Italian pastas, meats and fishes is rounded out by a selection of salads, soups, and decadent desserts. Popular staples like Rigatoni with Braised Pork Gravy and Eggplant Parmesan are served alongside Executive Chef Nicolas Biscaglio’s signature interpretations of classic Italian dishes. We use only the highest quality ingredients to ensure a deliciously memorable experience!
As a hospitality-driven establishment, it’s our goal to make every guest that walks through the door feel like family. At Viaggio, we invite you to sit back, relax and enjoy!
To book reservations of 10 or larger, please email email@example.com!
For dinner, Saigon Sisters offers full-service dining experience with modern culinary flair to the classic Vietnamese street food recipes of owner Mary Nguyen Aregoni. With "downtown" hip, minimalist interior and walls exhibiting original works by local contemporary artists, the unique Asian dining spot goes one step further by offering an impressive beverage selection including wines, artisanal beers, sake and specialty signature cocktails.
We have a full bar, which features a full selection of Japanese whisky, sake, cocktails, and more.
Also, since this comes up so often, all of the (many, many) plants throughout the restaurant are real!
We have no affiliation with any other Tanoshii and Sushi Mike
Harbour, FL. Aba, meaning father in Hebrew, incorporates Chef CJ Jacobson’s lighter style
of cooking with influences from the Mediterranean, including Israel, Lebanon, Turkey, and
Greece. The bar program showcases rare Mediterranean-inspired wines and spirits.
Signature dishes include Smoky Garlic Hummus, Muhammara, Heirloom Crispy Chicken
Thigh, Shawarma-Spiced Skirt Steak, Grilled Salmon Kebab and more. The bar program
showcases rare Mediterranean-inspired wines and spirits.
**We can accommodate vegetarian, pescatarian, gluten free, dairy free, nut/peanut free & shellfish free diets. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any restrictions not listed above as we may be unable to accommodate certain restrictions.
Elske means love in Danish, a nod to both David Posey’s Danish mother and the fact that the couple got engaged in Copenhagen. “Our travels in Denmark have really influenced us,” Chef Posey said. “We like that clean, simple aesthetic.” The dining room — all crisp lines, minimalist décor & soft lighting — is anchored by a wide open kitchen on one side & a small patio with a working fireplace on the other. Combined with the friendly service, it creates the impression that you’re eating in a supremely tasteful Scandinavian friend’s weekend home.
Owner and mixologist Julia Momosé blends Japanese ingredients and techniques to create an elevated menu of beverages and bites.
Whether you come to savor some of Japan’s finest saké or walk in for a lovely dinner with friends, Kumiko welcomes you with warmth and gratitude.
Kumiko is currently 18+ and does not offer a BYOB option. Sign up for our mailing list to receive occasional updates and news.
Our staff is fully vaccinated and masked during service. For the safety of everyone, we respectfully ask guests wear masks when not seated at the table or bar. We will adjust this policy as the situation evolves in Chicago.
* pronounced dainingu bā
- SSuni123San Francisco Bay Area •5 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoLoved the ambiance and the food was amazing. The service staff was very accommodating. Ordered smoky garlic hummus which was so delicious, charred eggplant,avocado & sweet pea spreads with soft warm pita’s. For hot Mezza we got crispy potatoes, they were so crispy and not greasy at all, and the truffle baked ziti was delicious. For kabobs, we got grilled cauliflower which was also very good.More infoAba - ChicagoPrice: Very Expensive• Mediterranean• West Loop•4.8
- SSSaritaSouthSidevipChicago / Illinois •9 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoThis place is probably in my top 3 favorite restaurants. If you haven’t tried the chicharron you MUST! It’s the most flavorful tender and yet crispy pork I’ve ever had, like crazy delicious. Sometimes my friend and I have dreamt about the chicharron. Their ceviche is amazing!!! Perfect balance of citrus and salt and so fresh. The ambiance is absolutely beautiful whether you go for lunch or dinner. It’s like a secret garden in the sky. And it has a pool with amazing frozen drinks. It’s fun to come to any time of day. The service was very solid. The people we’re friendly, accurate, prompt, not overbearing or pushy. They brought food and drinks at a nice pace. Definitely recommend!More infoCabra - ChicagoPrice: Expensive• Peruvian• West Loop•4.6
- JBJosephB1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoThis was my first time visiting Oakville Grill and will not be my last. The food was excellent and our server was very quick and attentive. I had the Yellow Fin Tuna Club sandwich and it was delicious. Definitely recommend trying this place.More infoThe Oakville Grill & CellarPrice: Expensive• American• West Loop•4.5
- AAArturoAMexico City •2 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoAmazing experience! Food was amazing, everything we had we loved but I would have to emphasize the green beans and the shrimp salad- amazing! But I think what went above and beyond was the service - one of the best I’ve had. They took into consideration notes on my reservation and I was so surprised! Strongly recommend it.More infoGirl & the GoatPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• West Loop•4.7
- KkarinalynnChicago / Illinois •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023We had the tasting menu and everything we ate was amazing!!!More infoNobu ChicagoPrice: Very Expensive• Japanese• West Loop•4.6
The New York Times names its 50 favorite restaurants for 2023
Among the favorites this year are Keralan comfort food spot Thattu in Chicago and the cafe-by-day, restaurant-by-night Comfort Kitchen in Boston.
4 dishes to try at Chicago’s River North Mexican gem Tzuco
Famed chef Carlos Gaytán’s restaurant just turned four and it ’s the perfect excuse to go to this Chicago restaurant spotlighting Mexican regional cooking.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
6 new restaurants making a splash in Chicago right now
Chicago’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Celebrate your special occasions at these 12 top Chicago restaurants
The Windy City has endless options when it comes to transforming a regular Saturday night into an unforgettable evening. Though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party. Ring in a birthday at a cevicheria on a bustling West Loop rooftop. Toast a relationship milestone at a MICHELIN-starred, Korean American gem in Avondale. These are the 12 best restaurants in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Chicago
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
Discover West Loop
While once primarily an industrial district lined with warehouses, the Chicago West Loop has experienced a major transformation in recent years. Home to "Restaurant Row" and easily accessible using public transit, this neighborhood is now one of the trendiest (and tastiest) neighborhoods in Chicago. You can experience a variety of dining experiences along "Restaurant Row" from a burger and beer at a pub or upscale diner to a number of fine dining options. This stretch also includes sushi, tapas, sports bars, coffee shops and cocktail lounges. You really can have it all here. For dessert, you can always stop by a French or Greek bakery to pick up a fresh pastry, or head to one of the local donut shops.
Frequently asked questions
- Ogilvie Transportation Center
- Corporate Suites Network - 555 W. Madison
- Catalyst Ranch
- Vintage Downtown/Westloop
- Touhy Park
- Harpo Studios
- Chicago And Northwestern Station
- Hubbard Street Dance Chicago
- Museum of Holography
- Chicago Stadium Historical
- Crowne Plaza Hotel - Chicago Metro Downtown
- United Center
- Harpo Studio S
- Skinner Park
- Uic Pavilion