Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
V. Mertz is locally-owned, and we pride ourselves in offering artisan products and cheeses, organically-grown local produce and Wagyu beef, and sustainably-farmed and line-caught seafood. We believe that dining should be an event, and to this end Chef Amanda Sheeler has created a harmony of food and wine, culminating in our extravagant Tasting Menu.
Perfect for business or pleasure, V. Mertz is the premier fine-dining restaurant in Omaha.
This is a restaurant where steak is the star–where great steak is the rule, not the exception. Mahogany’s steaks are the finest custom-aged U.S. Prime Midwestern Beef, known for its excellence in marbling, texture and flavor. We broil it exactly the way you like it at 900 degrees to lock in the corn-fed flavor. We serve it sizzling on a heated plate so that it stays hot throughout your meal. Selections from the ocean include Australian Rock lobster and the freshest fish daily based on availability. Service will be outstanding, but provided in a casual, less intimidating fine-dining atmosphere.
While you can find familiar dishes in the main menu, Chef is particular about the ingredients and the overall quality of the food. He is also dedicated to a monthly tasting menu that will be served in the Chef's Table (by rservation only: will be activated early spring).
Special features we want to highlight:
- Chef's Table
- Beautiful Bar (Bombay Bar) area
- Maharaja's Whisky Room (Event room/Whisky Tasting room)
- Beatiful Patio space (to be activated in mid spring)
- Well thoughtout ambience
- Amazing unrushed service/hospitality
Please contact the restaurant for parties of 8 or larger. Seating 2 parties/reservations together cannot be guaranteed.
On the menu, you'll find items such as Lamb, Filet Mignon, Fresh Fish, Duck and other culinary delights, complemented by baguette, cheese plate and desserts. Each dish is prepared using the freshest flavors of the season and ingredients of the highest quality. Some dishes are Chef Cédric S. Fichepain mother's and Grandmother's very own special recipes.
Your dining experience will be enhanced by gorgeous interior design with a touch of the southern part of France along with a breath taking floral design of the full bar. The wine list is constantly updated to represent the best wine selections from the regions of France. Le Voltaire has received the Wine Spectator Award for the past 15 years.
- KKKymK1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoAmazing dinner! I had the special which was a Tomahawk Pork Chop with a mushroom glaze/mashed potatoes/vegetables. We had a reservation, so we were seated as soon as we arrived. Excellent waitstaff. It is truly my favorite restaurant in Omaha!!!More infoSpezia - Steaks, Italian & SeafoodPrice: Moderate• Italian• Midtown•4.7
- SscharrockvipChicago / Illinois •15 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoI have been to steakhouses from Coast to Coast and this is, by far, my favorite. Everything was top shelf and I would highly recommend the Omaha location.More info801 Chophouse - OmahaPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Downtown / Old Market•4.9
- OTOpenTable DinerNebraska •2 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoFood was spectacular. We went for Sunday brunch. I especially loved the ricotta pancake. We were a large group, and our server was on top of everything. I loved that they sat us in a room in back. We will be back!More infoTimber Woodfire BistroPrice: Moderate• American• Midtown•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerNebraska •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Gilbs is always good, you can have great food for a reasonable price, and they accommodate most any substitutions you wantMore infoJ. Gilbert’s - Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - OmahaPrice: Expensive• Steak• Downtown / Old Market•4.7
- OMOenophileMoosevipNebraska •9 reviews5.0Dined on Oct 3, 2022I have not been to a Red Lobster in years so my expectations were apprehensive. However, now under new ownership, the quality of the experience was outstanding. My server, Megan K, was very attentive and provided friendly and efficient service. I ordered fried tilapia, loaded baked potato and caesar salad. Portions were generous and well prepared. Since this store is an older building, my only suggestion is to refresh the entry. Highly recommend for value, quality of product, and of course, outstanding service.More infoRed Lobster - Omaha - 72nd St.Price: Moderate• Seafood• Midtown•4.3
Omaha is a booming city with a variety of cuisines available at the many delicious restaurants, diners, and bars. To get a taste of a local favorite, you could try an appetizing pork tenderloin meal at one of the American restaurants or steakhouses. From the same restaurants, you could try the Rueben, a sandwich that is iconic to the area. Ribs are also commonly enjoyed by the locals and are served at a number of steak, sushi, and American dining establishments. If you want to try a dish that offers a bit of a kick, order the kimchi at one of the local Asian restaurants. The area also happens to be known for its love of craft beer; stop into one of the American restaurants and give it a try.
Stadium or Arena
Hotel / Lodging