Make a free reservation
Restaurant experiences trending in Kailua-Kona
- Special menu
Merriman's Waimea Dinner PrefixMerriman's – Waimea – Big IslandKamuelaUS$95.00 per personReserve
- Special menu
Outdoor Ocean View Chef's Course Menu at KPCKamuela Provision Co.WaikoloaUS$120.00 per personReserve
- Special menu
Experience Beach Tree BuffetBeach Tree Restaurant, Bar and LoungeKailua-KonaUS$85.00 per personReserve
- Special menu
Award Winning Kuleana Mai Tai ClassKuleana Rum ShackWaikoloaUS$45.00 per personReserve
- Special menu
Sake Tasting - 5-Sake FlightIslander Sake BreweryKawaihaeUS$25.00 per personReserve
Check out diners' favourite restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
The presentation and the flavors are equally superb. Of course, only the freshest fish and seafood are used, so the sushi is impeccable. The molten flourless chocolate cake is achieving legendary status, so save room for a delicious finish!
A landmark (formerly the Ocean View Inn) and a local’s favorite Kona restaurant since 1934, the building housing The Fish Hopper has been beautifully restored to expand upon its spectacular ocean views. We proudly serve seafood from sustainable sources, harvested by methods that do not harm the environment.
We love to honor our Veterans & Military! Please let us know if you are one, upon arrival.
Craft Bar, Great Wine List, Open-Air Oceanside Dining. *Now offering "Touchless" QR Code Order & Pay (with a Smartphone)*
All of us at Magic's extend our heartfelt Aloha during this extraordinary time. We've created a safe space for you to nourish body and spirit, savor Kona's beauty, and toast each other with a cold beverage and fresh, vibrant, flavorful food.
Hours of Operation:
Grill: Mon-Sat 11:00a to 8:00p
Beach Shack: Every day 8:30a to 3:00p
Please call the restaurant to confirm your reservation at 808-662-4427. Mahalo!
We are closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Magics Beach Grill oceanfront restaurant creates a relaxed place full of vibrant dishes, refreshing cocktails and a welcoming atmosphere designed to fit naturally into the Kona way of life. We have sought out relationships with Hawaii's most cherished farmers, fishers and growers and we can't wait to
Come sit by the water at Papa Kona! We offer best eggs benedict in town, our fan-favorite avocado fries, and a craft cocktail list you won't find anywhere else.
Reservations are limited to preserve space for walk-in guests. If you can't find a table online, we welcome you to walk-in!
Start your morning with breakfast at Honu’s on the Beach. Choose from a range of tasty a la carte menu items, including American and regional dishes, or indulge yourself in the breakfast buffet, which features made-to-order omelets, fresh fruit, pancakes, breakfast meats, coffee, tea, and much more.
See what locals rave about in Kailua-Kona
- OTOpenTable DinerHawaii •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Food was amazing and a great selection to choose from..fresh fish, ribs and steak, pasta, burgers and salads. The fresh fish selection and preparation are excellent. I had the Risotto with fresh Monchong. Service was quick and friendly and attentive. The dessert tray is decadent,;;; especially the Kona Coffee Cheesecake. Excellent bar, too! And the views of Kailua bay are a bonus. Highly recommend the Kona Fish Hopper for food and ambiance!More infoFish Hopper - Kailua-Kona$$$$• Seafood• Kailua-Kona•4.6
- MPMarkPvipMinneapolis - St. Paul •20 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023The Guacamole appetizer was a pleasant surprise. Very tasty and a good portion. I had the fish tacos. Fish was Mahi Mahi. A bit dry and could have used more sauce. The shells were soft, but fell apart. My wife had the Caesar’s salad. Nothing special. She got the Ginger Miso dressing which was excellent. Mahi Mahi was added, but nothing to rave about. Atmosphere and service were great. I would recommend it, but maybe get a different fish than the Mahi Mahi. Not much flavor to it.More infoPapa Kona Restaurant & Bar$$$$• American• Kailua-Kona•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerLondon •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Friendly and efficient service (on New Year’s Day!!) Food tasted great. Right on the ocean.More infoMagics Beach Grill$$$$• Pacific Rim• Kailua-Kona•4.5
- CCherylvipSan Francisco Bay Area •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023As always, Island Lava Java remains our favorite Kailua spot. Great service. Wonderful staff. Food that never disappoints. And a cool island vibe.More infoIsland Lava Java Bistro$$$$• Contemporary American• Kailua-Kona•4.5
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, is known for its white sand beaches and beautiful weather. Most days of the year are sunny and dry because it is on the leeward side of the island. This dry, sunny weather is ideal for visiting the open bars that line the streets near the beaches. Kailua-Kona's signature Kona coffee is grown locally, and early risers will see that having a cup of joe is one of the most popular things to do early in the day. The Kailua-Kona area was originally a sleepy fishing village, and seafood continues to be the most popular type of cuisine. You'll also find opportunities to attend a traditional Hawaiian luau, featuring roasted pork, pineapple and plenty of alcohol. The local specialty, Mai-Tai, and handcrafted ales are also brewed right on the island.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Kailua-Kona is Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar - WAIKOLOA, Hawaii
The best vegan restaurants in Kailua-Kona are Papa Kona Restaurant & Bar, Island Lava Java Bistro and Magics Beach Grill
The best vegetarian restaurants in Kailua-Kona are Papa Kona Restaurant & Bar, Kenichi Pacific and Magics Beach Grill
The restaurants with the best service in Kailua-Kona are Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar - WAIKOLOA, Hawaii, A-Bay's on Ali'i and Keei Cafe
The restaurants with the best ambiance in Kailua-Kona are Shiono At Mauna Lani, Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar - WAIKOLOA, Hawaii and Beach Tree Restaurant, Bar and Lounge
- Kaloko Honokohau National Historic Park
- Honokohau Small Boat Harbor
- Ocean Front Single Family Home for 8
- Kona Coast Resort
- Makalawena Pu U Ali I
- Kona Coast Shopping Center
- Honokohau Harbor
- Ahu Ena Heiau
- Beach Villas Kahaluu at Kona
- Akona Kai Shopping Mall Shopping Center
- Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff Resort
- Punalu U Black Sand Beach
- Hulihee Palace
- Holualoa Gallery
- Kaloko Honokohau National Historical Park
- KONA ISLANDER - CAP'T JACK'S STUDIO CONDO
- Hikiau Heiau State Monument
- Puuhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park
- Big Island Country Club