San Francisco Restaurants
Make a free reservation
Available for late dinner now in San Francisco
Outdoor dining in San Francisco
Check out diners' favourite restaurants in San Francisco
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Our owner/ chef Andy, originated from Taipei, Taiwan, has over 20 collective years experience in the restaurant industry.
For parties of 7 or more, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us directly by phone.
We do ask parties to be complete before being seated. Without prior notice, reservations will be held for 15 minutes. Thank you
Elevated five floors above Market Street, MKT has floor-to-ceiling views of downtown San Francisco and features an expansive new L-shaped bar and cozy fireplace is home to creative cocktails, alongside small plates and snacks.
Asian and Latin flavors are weaved throughout the concept, inspired by the cultures and demographic make up of the city.
The Bay area has always had a love affair with good food and an appreciation for its artisans and this is carried throughout. The local sourdough bread maker, the fish mongers and farmers are named throughout the menu in appreciation for the quality of their products.
Our cuisine is simple and delicate. Our Chef, Julio, learned from his master, Norihiko Suzuki, from Fukushima Japan. Chef Julio is excellent at inspiring and hand crafting every dish from Omakese to Nigiri to Sashimi. He is also great at customizing arrangements for special occasions to achieve something that is truly a reflection of honoring the traditional Japanese Cuisine.
Come visit Hakashi Japanese Bar & Grill for an unforgettable dining experience. For Friday and Saturday reservations, please call the restaurant directly.
We'd like to offer our tasting menu that's reflecting Chef Alex Kim and his team's pursuit of top notch sushi experience. Our approach is a harmonious crossover of authentic Edo-mae style with Western skill. From fish to rice, cooking rice to garnish prep - a true synergy of not only Californian but Japan.
**Sushi Bar Experience**
For the best experience of our tasting menu, we'd recommend the sushi bar seating, where chef will serve and explain the dish by dish, piece by piece with an extensive information of the skills and ingredients.
Our regular tables are also available for the tasting menu and you can make a reservation at any time slot to your convenience.
For any party of 7 or more, please kindly call us at 415.814.2886 or email at email@example.com. We will get back to you asap.
All parties will be subject to a 20% service charge.
We look forward to serving you soon.
In a warm, enveloping space overhung with fresh flowers and vibrant artworks, an evening at Gary Danko is both intimate and theatrical—a loving nod to an old-world dining experience with its heart thoroughly planted in the new: fresh, locally grown and raised foods drawn from the region’s vast seasonal offerings, prepared with precision and flair.
We offer a prix fixe sushi menu starting at $125. Our menu will change daily, depending on the season and what is available from the Toyosu Market in Japan. Our full course meal will include 15 courses: starter, zensai, nigiri sushi, soup, and dessert.
- We only offer a set Omakase tasting menu (each reserved seat must order the Omakase)
- We can not accommodate Vegetarians/Vegans
- We require 24 hour notice for any allergies and dietary restriction modifications
- We are unable to modify the menu on the same day of the reservation
- Please review the cancellation/no-show policy before booking
- Starting January 01, 2023 all parties are subject to a 18% service charge.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
O' offers a 5-course Tasting Menu for $195, and a 9-course Grand Tasting Menu for $275. Optional wine pairings are available, along with a wine list of 900+ selections from the USA and France.
Though dinner attire is always encouraged, we ask our guests to abide by "smart casual" dress code; no shorts, t-shirts, or sandals.
Please note we add a 20% service charge to every check.
Please note: AsiaSF is a dinner show experience which includes a 3-course meal. The only time when shows can be seen without dinner is on our A la Carte Wednesdays ($35 minimum for any combo of drinks and food). Guests must be older than 12, and are welcome at the first seating of the evening. All later shows are 21+.
Our staff is 100% vaccinated.
At Matterhorn Restaurant & Bakery we showcase the magical experience of Swiss on-mountain dining, whether it’s après-ski, après-work, or après-all day.
Our restaurant focuses on authentic alpine cuisine, thoughtfully sourced and lovingly served in a setting inspired by the mountain "Stüblis" of the Alps. The menu is anchored by the Swiss classics of Fondue and Raclette - but features other typical fare highlighting various alpine regions.
Beer, wine and beverage offerings are designed to feature classic and fun pairings from Old and New World alike.
The Matterhorn has been a San Francisco institution, and we're proud to bring a fresh new chapter to its iconic story. As our guest it's an honor to have you at the story's center!
Also, make sure to check our back patio, it will transport you to a warm summer night of the south of Spain.
If driving street parking could be tricky, check out the SF general hospital parking structure just 2 blocks away from the restaurant. If coming from the East Bay or Peninsula location is just a few blocks from the freeway (exit Cesar Chavez/Potrero on the 80 freeway). The nearest Bart station is at Potrero & 24th, a 15-minute walk.
Award winning restaurants in San Francisco
See what locals rave about in San Francisco
- VTVanessaTHouston •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoAmazing family and friends lunch, service outstanding, everyone was kind sweet and helpful, the food like always is fabulous!More info¡Chao Pescao!$$$$• Latin American• Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •2 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoBlack Cat is nothing less than amazing. My girlfriend and I took a 10 day trip up the coast from LA stopping here and there along the way. SF was our last destination and Black Cat was our last night. We will never forget that evening. It was the classiest, most romantic, great sounding and memorable experience of our entire trip. The stars were aligned that evening, and the jazz notes were just as beautiful.More infoBlack Cat Jazz Supper Club$$$$• American• Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness•4.6
- JJuliavipExclusive •1 review5.0Dined on May 27, 2023Always the best! Food is always 10/10 and service is amazing.More infoHinata Sushi$$$$• Sushi• Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness•4.9
- DDexmondSan Francisco Bay Area •7 reviews4.0Dined on Apr 20, 2023Great space lined by thousands of vinyl LP's on shelves. Food was quite good. Service was supremely friendly though not well trained by standards of table service, which was more funny than annoying. Really the only place in this part of the Tenderloin to have a nice sit down meal and proper cocktail.More infoChambers Eat + Drink$$$$• Mediterranean• Downtown / Union Square•4.4
- OTOpenTable DinerSan Francisco Bay Area •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We went for the Insta-worthy experience and were not disappointed. From the DJ to the cozy booth by the secret door, we were entertained by the place itself. Then the yummy food came and everyone was raving. Stuffed French toast, inventive drinks and Loco Moco pleased us all.More infoSon & Garden - San Francisco$$$$• Contemporary American• Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness•4.5
Restaurant experiences trending in San Francisco
Discover more great restaurants
12 rooftop restaurants with the most dazzling views in the U.S.
Devour blazing sunset views from an Asian and Peruvian spot in Miami or sip on craft cocktails at a hotel lounge in San Francisco at the U.S.’s best rooftop restaurants.
13 rollicking drag brunches that represent the best of America
A bollywood-themed drag brunch, a historic Miami celebrity haunt, an outdoor destination in sunny California, and more.
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in San Francisco
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Francisco
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in the Bay Area
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Francisco
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
The Best Brunch Restaurants in San Francisco
Whether you prefer sweet or savory, these places are sure to satisfy any and all of your brunch cravings.
Discover Trending Restaurants in San Francisco
Find the best trendy Restaurants in San Francisco on OpenTable. See all best list of trendy Restaurants open nearby and reserve an open table.
Discover the Best Sushi in San Francisco
Find the best Sushi Restaurants in San Francisco on OpenTable. See all Sushi Restaurants open nearby and reserve an open table.
Discover San Francisco
Farm-to-table is everywhere now, but it was here first. Just north of San Francisco, the values-forward counties of Marin and Sonoma offer an abundance of sustainably sourced produce. Of course, there’s more to eat in the Bay than leafy greens alone though—don’t miss the mainstays like Cioppino (a seafood stew best eaten with thick-cut garlic bread), Mission-style burritos, local oysters and Neapolitan pizza where pizzerias around town war for the ultimate version. The city has long been home to distinct international flavors, so for authentic dim sum, Chinatown tops the charts. The Mission is ablaze with longstanding taquerias, steakhouses and a new wave of artisanal bakeries and coffee houses. And the Fisherman’s Wharf, while touristy, is the spot for Bay caught seafood. From there, we recommend walking to Crissy Field for Golden Gate Bridge gazing and sparkling sunshine.
San Francisco Neighbourhoods
- Bernal Heights
- Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness
- Cole Valley
- Cow Hollow
- Downtown / Union Square
- Financial District / Embarcadero
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Forest Hill / West Portal
- Glen Park
- Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
- Mission Bay / South Beach
- Nob Hill
- Noe Valley
- North Beach
- North Panhandle / USF
- Outer Mission
- Outer Sunset
- Pacific Heights
- Potrero Hill / Dogpatch
- Presidio Heights
- Richmond District
- Russian Hill
- Sunset District
- Treasure Island
- Western Addition
Dining around San Francisco Hot Spots
Stadium or Arena
Underground railway station
Hotel / Lodging
Frequently asked questions
Healthy restaurants located in San Francisco include BAIA, Greens Restaurant and Scoma's Fisherman's Wharf
Restaurants with gluten-free options in San Francisco are BAIA, Greens Restaurant and Scoma's Fisherman's Wharf
Bottomless brunch in San Francisco is available at The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus - San Francisco, Greens Restaurant and Yank Sing - Rincon Center
The most romantic restaurant in San Francisco is House of Prime Rib
Restaurants in San Francisco with a great view include Greens Restaurant, Scoma's Fisherman's Wharf and EPIC Steak