Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Please note that JJ’s and Chef’s Table service may be interrupted by inclement weather, including extreme heat or significant snowfalls. VCC makes this precaution to keep the staff and customers safe. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Our dishes are fresh, unique and modern, rooted in Japanese fine dining traditions with a distinct Pacific Northwest perspective, using the finest seasonal, local and organic ingredients.
We celebrated our 30 year anniversary in October 2018.
Just like the Dhabbas of the the Silk Route, East is East is home to everyone. Artists, musicians, minstrels and youth eat next to business men, politicians and professionals. Come and experience the mystery and vibrancy of the east, right here in Vancouver.
A narrative of hope and humility, passion for the tradition and history of Afghanistan, refined dishes, not straying away from the integrity of mum's recipes.
**Kindly note that we leave lots of tables open for walk-in for brunch service**
We accept online bookings for 1 -6 guests. To book a party larger than 6 guests, please call the restaurant at 604-318-3456 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, and we can't wait to meet you soon.
Payment methods include: Visa/Mastercard/Discover/Cash/ApplePay/Debit/Hy's & Gotham Gift Cards *** We are unable to accept Pre-Paid Credit Cards***
Open daily, we offer weekday lunch and Happy Hour, weekend brunch, and dinner seven nights a week.
We love to celebrate! We host full restaurant buy outs for larger groups & events, while our mezzanine and alcove spaces are ideal for intimate occasions & private dining any day of the week.
Join us in the Railtown Design District, just east of Gastown in Vancouver, BC.
Holts Café celebrates Canadian cuisine with a European influence. Our vision for the restaurants and their dishes is focused on sustainability, quality-driven ingredients, locality, and seasonality.
The menus pay homage to Holts Café classics and staples with a warm, inviting, fresh, and simplistic approach. Service times include brunch and lunch at all cafés, as well as afternoon tea and an expanded evening dinner service at select locations—all in a refined, contemporary environment.
- TJTheJuiceVancouver / British Columbia •2 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoOur server was fantastic! The food is always unique and fresh. I highly recommend giving it a try. In a city that has so many sushi restaurants, Minami is a stand out. Great ambiance in the restaurant or the back terrace.More infoMinami RestaurantPrice: Expensive• Japanese• Yaletown•4.6
- GRGillianR1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoWe went to The Greek in Yaletown to celebrate a birthday on a Monday night. We don’t typically frequent Greek restaurants but wanted to try something new. Everything was fantastic and a good value for money spent. Would go again.More infoThe Greek By Anatoli - YaletownPrice: Moderate• Greek• Yaletown•4.5
- JMJohnMNew York / Tri-State Area •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023We were very impressed with the entire experience. It is not an inexpensive restaurant, but then again, it is a steak house. The food was delicious, the service was exceptional (Jake was our primary server), and the ambiance was great for our family of five, with 3 teenagers. It was a great way to finish off our ski vacation to Whistler/Blackcomb!More infoThe Keg Steakhouse + Bar - YaletownPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Yaletown•4.6
- TCTerranceCVancouver / British Columbia •9 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Overall the food was good, had to return a cold dish, but it was done very quickly! We went for a birthday and did have a nice time. Server was good. Best beyond meat burger bar none!More infoEarls Kitchen + Bar - Yaletown - VancouverPrice: Expensive• American• Yaletown•4.5
- PPetervipVancouver / British Columbia •8 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We had delicious food and great service. The restaurant is a bit loud at times thoughMore infoHomer Street Cafe & BarPrice: Moderate• Comfort Food• Yaletown•4.5
14 romantic restaurants for any kind of date night in Vancouver
Whether it’s on February 14 and you’re toasting love with everyone else or it’s just the two of you marking an anniversary, ocean-flanked Vancouver has you covered for romantic restaurants. A Silk Road-inspired spot with locations in Kits and Mount Pleasant regales couples with live music. In the Stadium District, a swanky hotel restaurant is a group hang hotspot thanks to extravagant, shareable desserts such as crème brûlée doughnuts and hot whiskey cake. In Fairview, a tiny but mighty bar with a solid tapas selection was made for no-pressure first dates. At these top Vancouver restaurants, romance isn’t just about candlelight and wine. Here are 14 romantic restaurants designed for you and your sweetheart to adore.
Celebrate your special occasions at these top 13 Vancouver restaurants
Vancouver’s breathtaking surroundings make it all the more exciting to go out for a celebratory meal. But beyond epic waterfront views, Vancouver’s thriving dining scene holds something for all kinds of celebrations. Whether it’s a top-notch Chinese meal in luxe interiors, eating flaky Moroccan pastries under a lantern-lit ceiling, or sharing a towering seafood platter in a city famous for its fresh catch, Vancouver offers plenty of options for a celebratory meal out. Read on for 13 Vancouver restaurants to book when you’re looking to ring in something special.
4 New Must-Try Restaurants in Vancouver
New restaurants have been opening at a pace faster than Vancouver has seen in recent years, making dining here more exciting than ever. Choose from additional locations of local favorites, an Alberta eatertainment import where you can eat and play at the same time, and an all-new concept serving ancient Peruvian fare in Mount Pleasant. Restaurants are also increasingly offering ways to give back, with one spot benefitting humanitarian relief in Ukraine and another folding gratuity into prices to provide fair salaries and benefits. No matter the cuisine or reason, these are the four must-book new spots around Vancouver.
Vancouver’s 11 Favorite Bars
Almost every restaurant will happily serve up drinks—alcoholic or booze-free—regardless of whether there’s a food order. But there are times when something extra special is necessary when it comes to what’s in the glass and the atmosphere. Raise a glass to these dozen Vancouver spots that all offer something standout in the drinks department, from the city’s most innovative cocktails to more casual haunts for game day.
Where to Dine Outside in Vancouver This Summer
With the end of spring showers, Vancouver’s sunny season is starting and restaurant patios, rooftops, and terraces are poised to welcome you back. The city’s temporary patio program—which kicked off in the summer of 2020 in response to the pandemic—has some changes for summer 2022, so you might not see as many temporary sidewalk and curbside patios as before. Here are some of Vancouver’s best outdoor dining spots, some open year-round. Get ready for afternoon tea, mountain and sea views, and the joys of being outside for cool cocktails, snacks, and meals from brunch to dinner at the city’s top spots for outdoor dining.
21 Restaurants That Define Vancouver Dining
Vancouver’s vibe may be relaxed and casual, but the city takes its food seriously. Sustainable seafood and local ingredients are on almost every Vancouver menu from restaurants focussing on international fare to those that serve the region’s iconic Pacific coastal cuisine. Vancouver’s greatest restaurants include newcomers such as Fable Diner’s third location in Yaletown as well as namesake restaurants from some of Canada’s most famous chefs such as Hidekazu Tojo and Vikram Vij. These must-visit restaurants are in Vancouver’s favourite neighbourhoods and within the city’s best hotels, welcoming both casual diners and those celebrating special occasions. These are the 21 Vancouver restaurants that symbolize the city’s impressive dining scene.
10 Vancouver Burgers To Add to Your Bucket List
You can get a burger pretty much anywhere, though getting a great burger is much more of a challenge. Whether you like your burger classic or creative, everyday or exceptional, Vancouver’s got you covered for burgers. These are ten of the city's best, from wagyu beef with black truffles to classic smashburgers.
Stadium or Arena
Underground railway station
Hotel / Lodging
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Vancouver is Dockside Restaurant