Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Leave here and create some more good in your world. We're all a part of it.
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Lafayette, LA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
- MMMelanieMvipOrlando / Central Florida East •3 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoAmazing service, delicious food, couldn't have asked for a better place to celebrate my birthday!More infoRuffino’s on the RiverPrice: Expensive• Steak• Lafayette•4.8
- OOutsidersRaleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill •6 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoOutstanding Italian cuisine, wide-ranging (and very fairly-priced) wine list, classy ambience, and very professional yet personal service. What's not to like?More infoMarcello's of LafayettePrice: Moderate• Italian• Lafayette•4.8
- CHCameronH1 review5.0Dined 5 days agoEasily one of favorite places in Lafayette. The entire staff is incredible, and the food is always delicious. If I want a good cocktail, it's usually my first pick. Love it!More infoVestal RestaurantPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Lafayette•4.7
- NNolawingmanNew Orleans / Louisiana •2 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoWonderful ambience, fun music. Fried green tomatoes were fantastic, brunch burger was awesome.More infoSocial Southern Table and BarPrice: Moderate• Regional American (Southern)• Lafayette•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerBaton Rouge / Lafayette •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023New year with bestieMore infoRuth's Chris Steak House - LafayettePrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Lafayette•4.7
When French-Canadian settlers moved to Lafayette, Louisiana, in the 18th century, they brought their favorite recipes with them. Today, many chefs who have grown up in the heart of Cajun country are putting modern twists on these time-honored recipes that Rand McNally has named the Best Food City in the USA, Southern Living Magazine has named the Tastiest Town in the South and USA Today named the Best of the Road Rally. Po’ boy sandwiches consisting of fried seafood or meat served on a baguette are a popular lunchtime favorite. Festivals Acadiens et Créoles celebrates this city's fascination with crawfish, although shucking crawfish is not saved just for special occasions. Many restaurants serve their own version of boudin made with pork rice dressing along with their own secret blend of Cajun seasonings.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Lafayette is Ruffino’s on the River
- Acadiana Mall Shopping Center
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette South
- Cajun Courts
- Willie Evans Park
- Youth Park
- Tiffany Plaza Shopping Center
- Caffery Park
- Cypremort Point State Park
- The Boulevard Shopping Center
- Acadian Cultural Center
- Abbeville Residential Historic District
- Mouton Monument
- The Juliet Hotel
- Frem Boustany Convention Center At The Heymann Center
- Woodland Village Shopping Center
- Lamson Ragin Cajuns Softball Park
- Neyland Park
- Planetarium Park
- Acadian Village