Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
"The place where New Yorkers eat"
Knickerbocker is known for its great Jazz and its 28 oz. T- Bone Steaks and is a favorite among many celebrities including F. Murray Abraham, Chris Noth and Alec Baldwin. Racheal Ray listed us in her "NYC Favorites" and has praised our Shrimp Cocktail, Creamed Spinach, and of course our T- Bone Steaks.
The word "Knickerbocker" itself, says "New York". Upon entering, you’ll know you're in the Village. Its wood paneled walls sport rare turn of the century posters and original caricatures by Al Hirschfeld. Large leather booths line the walls and brass rails accent the 100 year old marble bar, where Charles Lindbergh signed his Trans Atlantic contract.
We have survived the times by using the freshest ingredients from local markets, and offering good solid value and quality.
We take reservations online 28 days in advance starting at 12am. We welcome parties of 2-8 in the main dining room and parties of 1-2 at the bar. For parties 9 and above, please reserve the private Garden Room. Note: Garden Room is indoors.
Come and try our fresh pastas, crunchy focaccias and our signature Torta Fritta, a famous fried dough from Emilia Romagna, with some cheese or imported Prosciutto. Everything we serve is homemade!
cuisine, strong signature mojitos, and the team behind Cuba, including Executive Chef Mario Garcia. As a result, Cuba restaurant is like a family, their loyalty and satisfaction directly translating to the guest experience, creating
an atmosphere of fun, friendliness and all-around Cuban hospitality that is unparalleled. Americans have fallen in love with Latin food, music, and culture. Cuba has them all under one roof, offering a singular and charming escape to its own Little Havana on Thompson Street.
Opened in 1980, La Ripaille is one of the oldest restaurants in West Village. Some of the regulars have been coming for as long as 25 years. We want everyone to feel welcome here, whether it’s the celebrities who frequent, the children for whom we provide games & crayons, or the people who live in the Village.
The owner, Alain Laurent, is integral in the day-to-day processes of La Ripaille. He daily scours the market for the freshest produce, often choosing the day’s specials based on his finds. This keeps the specials seasonal & unique. He decorates the ever changing wine list with the best wines available. The restaurant itself is beautiful, with a terrace for the summer & a fireplace in the back for the winter. The candlelit tables light up French posters and paintings & fresh flowers decorate each table. For a taste of history and delicious French cuisine, visit La Ripaille. We have a seat just for you.
Upstairs from the Comedy Cellar - Great food, great drinks, silent movies, chalkboard tables, GREAT FUN!
At Society Cafe, Chef Nicholas flexes his creativity by bringing a fresh perspective to the restaurant’s ‘market-to-table’ concept. With a rotating seasonal menu reflective of the city’s local farmers and markets, guests can expect to experience Chef Nicholas’ unique culinary creations alongside its intimate & classic art deco inspired space.
Happy hour daily from 4:30 - 6:30 pm. $1.50 oysters & clams, drink specials and Mermaid favorites like our fish tacos, shrimp sliders and more.
Swim on by we look forward to serving you soon!
- The Mermaid Oyster Bar Team
- SYShuYvipNew York / Tri-State Area •8 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Amazing pasta tasting menu ！The best Pasta tasting menu we have tried so far! Excellent service, elegant and warm dining atmosphere, all pastas are cooked just right, each dish has its own characteristics and original taste, fresh and delicious, moderately salty, very good dining experience, highly recommended!More infoBabbo Ristorante$$$$• Italian• Greenwich Village•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinervipAtlanta Metro •13 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Great seafood bar. Value is great and food is even better. Will be back on future visits to ManhattanMore infoThe Mermaid Oyster Bar$$$$• Seafood• Greenwich Village•4.7
- DNDaffinyNNew York / Tri-State Area •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Very nice environment, good food and good service. Strongly recommend for dates!More infoBoucherie - West Village$$$$• French• West Village•4.4
- OTOpenTable DinerUtah •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Always fantastic! Great food, great service!More infoThe Little Owl$$$$• Mediterranean• West Village•4.8
- FFrancescavipNew York / Tri-State Area •31 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023The service was great, attentive and professional staff. Food was good.More infoOlio e Più$$$$• Italian• West Village•4.5
‘Best new chef’ Paola Velez brings a delightful Afro-Latino pop-up dinner to NYC
Poalo Velez is the pandemic pop-up queen, best known for her work behind Bakers Against Racism. She’s now back with her newest pop-up.
The New York Times names its 50 favorite restaurants for 2023
Among the favorites this year are Keralan comfort food spot Thattu in Chicago and the cafe-by-day, restaurant-by-night Comfort Kitchen in Boston.
Where to drink in New York City right now
New York City’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near New York City
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Frequently asked questions
As of September 21, 2023 there are 44 restaurants in Greenwich Village. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Italian, American, Seafood, Steak, Contemporary French / American and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Greenwich Village who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Greenwich Village either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Charlton Plaza
- Little Red Square
- Minetta Triangle
- Minetta Green
- Father Fagan Square
- Noho Historic District
- Playground of The Americas
- Macdougal Sullivan Gardens Historic District
- Downing Street Playground
- Passannante Square
- Father Demo Square
- Washington Square Park
- Minetta Playground
- Washington Square Park, New York City
- West Fourth Street Courts
- Greenwich Village 2 bed
- NYU New York University