Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Located in a beautiful heritage-listed building in the heart of the Melbourne CBD, cosy seats, high ceilings and modern decor reminiscent of Paris-by-night are paired with friendly, knowledgeable and professional service.
Co-founder and director Vianney Establet was born in prime Bordeaux terroir with wine in his veins, coming from a family of winemakers going back five generations, and honed his craft as a sommelier for over a decade in some of the finest restaurants and private members clubs around the world.
We pride ourselves on our eclectic boutique wine list (awarded two glasses by Australia's Wine List of the Year Awards), craft beers, cocktails and an impressive selection of gourmet cheeses and other French nibbles making V the perfect venue for catching up with friends, dates, groups and after-work drinks. Wine to take home is also available from our retail boutique.
Book now for a fantastic experience!
We operate for lunch only with 2 seatings: 12.00pm and 2.00pm.
On our menu you will have the choice between our signature chirashi and our Lunch Omakase.
The selection of fish may vary day to day according to availability.
We exclusively serve raw fish.
All our guests are sitting at the counter facing the chefs for a nice experience.
For bookings above 6 pax, please contact email@example.com.
To tantalize your palate further, enjoy Guava Sorbet and a selection of Petit Fours. Elevate your dining experience by adding the Kaviari Caviar from France for a truly unforgettable meal.
Restaurant is cozy and stylish interior.
We use fresh and good quality meats for BBQ.
You can have special dining experience at Hwadam.
Check in for a session with friends and soak up the chilled vibe at the new brunswick local.
Chicken is our thing paired with Brunswick’s largest Australian craft beers, wines, spirits and cocktails list.
For Bang’n Chicken and Booze, follow your beak into Bird.
Enjoy menu highlights at La Madonna Restaurant, like Fig Carpaccio, Spiced Honey, Blueberry, Balsamic & Black Olive; Grilled Quail, Rosemary, N' Duja & Pickled Pineapple, Grilled Lamb loin, Watercress, Saltbush & Jerusalem Artichoke, followed by our Melbourne famous Tiramisu.
Or perhaps wind down after a busy day at La Madonna Bar. With plenty of comfortable couches and dimly lit corners to enjoy a cocktail, or two and a selection of snacks. Sink into a seat surrounded by wooden barrels and glass bottles ageing various cocktails, tinctures and spirits.
Vue de monde has been synonymous with Melbourne dining for almost 20 years, continuing to present an exciting and dynamic experience with a progression of flavours and sense of curiosity. The whimsical spirit at the heart of the Vue de monde menu has not been lost throughout the years, with the lighter-handed and more natural approach to cooking being no less infused with theatre.
This place is an absolute gem. A very intimate experience, the owner Mike and Chefs Mikey and Laurent are gifted people who make you feel at home. Food is absolutely incredible, so much flavour with seasonal ingredients. Amazing local wine pairings. Cannot speak highly enough of this place!
Open plan kitchen with food prepared directly in front of our guests.
Warm and cozy lounge with fireplace for winter.
Secluded, rear private courtyard.
Engaging and vibrant dinner party setting.
Seasonal set menu.
Wine and beverage pairings.
Private dinners available.
Food that is delicious and fun!
A Melbourne wine bar run by people who love what they do and are passionate about everything on the menu.
Wine that is alive!
Complementary wines by the glass and classic cocktails round out the tasting experience.
Freda’s is a dynamic and welcoming space that transforms in the early evening.
Anything from business meetings, date-night, ladies’ lunch, family gatherings, special celebrations, or just a place to rely on when you need some nurturing – your ‘local’- there’s the right table for you.
Come and discover the charm of Ethiopia and MESOB.
- HTHappyTorontoToronto / Ontario •4 reviews4.0Dined 2 days agoBeautiful spot with excellent service and long menu (ie lots of choice). However, the food was quite mediocre. My partner had calamari and they were so salty. You could barely eat them. I had one he beef carpaccio, which was delicious. I ordered the seafood pasta (bland). My partner had the rabbit pasta (which was salty) ￼. Both dishes were not particularly tasty given the high quality of ingredients used. The wines were excellent, as was the choice. A nice place for dinner, but the pastas were subpar.More infoCecconi's Flinders LanePrice: Very Expensive• Italian• Melbourne CBD•4.7
- GOGordonOMelbourne •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Di Stasio has becpome our 'go to' for birthday celebrations for the past few years. The staff are very good. Prompt, efficient and knowledeable. The food is magnificent. Just love it. I love the person in the water on the wall, but I reckon we could get an update on the bearded guy on the other wall. Perhaps a couple walking and chatting?More infoDi Stasio CittaPrice: Expensive• Italian• Melbourne CBD•4.5
- LILeonardI1 review4.0Dined on Nov 18, 2019The radii restaurant & bar in the hotel offered a pleasant atmosphere and decor during our dinner reservations. The presentation and plating of our meal was well presented and the duck I had was cooked perfectly, tantalizing the tastebuds with each bite.More inforadii restaurant & barPrice: Expensive• Australian• East Melbourne•4.1
10 outstanding Melbourne restaurants for celebrating special occasions
No matter the celebration, these 10 Melbourne restaurants, from omakase bars to award-winning spots, promise a memorable time.
Best Japanese Restaurants in Melbourne
Discover the best Japanese Restaurants in Melbourne on OpenTable based on diner reviews.
Best Italian Restaurants in Melbourne
Discover the best Italian Restaurants in Melbourne on OpenTable based on diner reviews.
12 romantic restaurants for date night in Melbourne
These Melbourne restaurants stand out as the city’s best for any romantic occasion, from date nights to anniversaries to engagements.
The Diner Reviews are in: 50 Most Romantic Restaurants in Australia for 2023
Food is its own love language, but when it’s served in a cosy room or a candlelit booth? Guaranteed fireworks. For those looking for a quintessential Valentine’s Day dining experience, start with the most romantic restaurants across Australia, created by analysing over 350,000 diner reviews.
Frequently asked questions
As of September 27, 2023 there are 653 restaurants in Melbourne. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Italian, Asian, Australian, Modern Australian, Pub and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Melbourne who deliver with Uber Eats, Deliveroo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Melbourne either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne
- Oaks On Lonsdale
- Southern Cross Serviced Apartments
- Oaks South Yarra
- The Hotel Windsor
- Mont Albert North
- Oaks On Collins
- Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
- Melbourne Short Stay at SouthbankONE
- Mono Three on A'Beckett Street
- Novotel Melbourne On Collins
- Nunawading Motor Inn
- Little Collins St - Beyond A Room
- Mantra on Russell
- Mantra on Jolimont
- Quinton - Beyond a Room
- The Langham Melbourne
- Clarion Suites Gateway
- Sandown Park Hotel Noble Park
- District South Yarra
- 50 Melbourne Restaurants to Connect In For Mother's Day
- Best Eco-Friendly Restaurants in Australia
- 12 romantic restaurants for date night in Melbourne
- 10 outstanding Melbourne restaurants for celebrating special occasions
- Best Japanese Restaurants in Melbourne
- Where Chefs Eat in Melbourne
- Best Italian Restaurants in Melbourne
- Best Restaurants in Carlton