Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Leave here and create some more good in your world. We're all a part of it.
The Carriage House Restaurant at Houmas House and Gardens offers a more casual dining experience in one of the most beautiful Dining Rooms in America. Whether dining at our 40 foot long grand dining room table, or an intimate table for two, our style is Comfortable and Southern. Our menu is a collection of Classic Southern Dishes, with twists to make them our very own.
Family Owned and Operated
About the Owner: Mr. Kulici is currently pursuing his professional career here in Louisiana. After 25 years he has devoted an exasperating amount of time and creativity to the art of food and hospitality. Consistency and culinary drive sets his goals to constant expansion and entrepreneur opportunities that are currently unfolding here in Louisiana. LaContea Italian Restaurant has now been open since February of 2017. The modern Italian ambiance and cuisine is touched with elements of traditionalism and flavor that brings more nuance to the idea of comfort Italian food.
Mr. Kulici just released his most recent updated seasonal menu as of November 2023.
With over 170 different wines to choose from, LaContea is constantly expanding its repertoire to create a masterpiece selection that truly has something for everyone and features service bar with classic brands and local distributions alike.
- OTBaton Rouge / Lafayette •2 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoHad a great experience. Food was exceptional. Waitress was above excellent, very friendly & attentive. Service was also fast, no real waiting time for drinks or food. Will definitely be back.More infoRuth's Chris Steak House - Baton RougePrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Baton Rouge•5
- AJAshleyJBaton Rouge / Lafayette •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoNola was our waitress for my birthday and she was so sweet and had great food recommendations. The crabmeat cheesecake was our absolute favorite. We will definitely be back for brunch soon. Thank you for a great night!More infoSoLou RestaurantPrice: Expensive• Regional American (Contemporary Southern)• Baton Rouge•4.6
- JJanevipNew Orleans / Louisiana •9 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoOur waiters James and Nick were wonderful and allowed us to exchange gifts with one another ❤️ We were in the beautiful Hallelujah Room and it gave us the privacy to have fun and get a little loud! The food and cocktails were delicious and nice to have the option of alcohol- free! Thanks… we’ll be back!More infoJuban's Restaurant and BarPrice: Expensive• Creole / Cajun / Southern• Baton Rouge•4.7
- OTPhoenix / Arizona •1 review5.0Dined 5 days agoDelicious food and great service. Do yourself a favor and get the Breaux Bread! We will definitely be back!More infoCafe Sydnie MaePrice: Moderate• Steak• Breaux Bridge•4.9
- DBDerrickBBaton Rouge / Lafayette •1 review4.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Great place to eat took wife on anniversary she love itMore infoTexas de Brazil - Baton RougePrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Baton Rouge•4.4
Discover Baton Rouge
Not far from the Gulf of Mexico, Vermillion River, and Atchafalaya Swamp is Lafayette, Louisiana. The town's closeness to these bodies of water makes fresh-water fish and seafood among the most popular foods. Restaurants in Lafayette specialize in Cajun and Creole styles of cooking, which were originated by the people who settled here generations ago. Cajun classics like gumbo, red beans and rice, and po'boys are all popular. In Lafayette, you'll also find classic American burgers and Southern dishes like chicken-fried steak. Be sure to try beignets, a deep-fried Louisiana pastry. Topped with powdered sugar or served with dipping sauces, these are eaten for breakfast and dessert.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Baton Rouge is Latil's Landing Restaurant
- Roosevelt Street Park
- The Lafayette Natural History Museum And Planetarium
- Baton Rouge Little Theater
- Alexandre Mouton House
- Webb Memorial Park
- Louisiana State Capitol
- Reeves Shopping Center
- Shaw Center For The Arts
- Acadian Cultural Center
- Hoffpauir Park
- Brown Memorial Park
- Dixie Museum
- Cajundome Convention Center
- Bernie Moore Track Stadium
- Children's Museum of Acadiana
- Belle Helene Station Historical
- Jack Priscilla Andonie Museum
- Cajun Field Football Stadium
- Challenger Learning Center
- Cathedral of St John