Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Parking - Parking available at the Brickline building for $1 per hour. Please use Farnam St to access parking structure. All parking is free on Sunday's.
Enjoy Our Complimentary Car Service if you are within 15 miles of North 40. Call or text (308) 360-1788 or email ride@north40. bar to book your ride.
Serving from 4pm - 12am Wednesday thru Saturday.
520 North Jeffers Street, North Platte - (308) 221-6688
This is a restaurant where steak is the star–where great steak is the rule, not the exception. Mahogany’s steaks are the finest custom-aged U.S. Prime Midwestern Beef, known for its excellence in marbling, texture and flavor. We broil it exactly the way you like it at 900 degrees to lock in the corn-fed flavor. We serve it sizzling on a heated plate so that it stays hot throughout your meal. Selections from the ocean include Australian Rock lobster and the freshest fish daily based on availability. Service will be outstanding, but provided in a casual, less intimidating fine-dining atmosphere.
Our commitment to using the freshest, locally-sourced ingredients means that every dish we serve is packed with flavor and nutrition. We work hard at ensuring our menu is always seasonal and sustainable.
When it comes to drinks, we take our craft seriously. Our boutique wine selection is curated with care, featuring small-batch bottles from around the world. Our craft cocktails are made with home syrups and fresh ingredients, so each sip is bursting with flavor and character.
Join us at your new home away from home.
V. Mertz is locally-owned, and we pride ourselves in offering artisan products and cheeses, organically-grown local produce and Wagyu beef, and sustainably-farmed and line-caught seafood. We believe that dining should be an event, and to this end Chef Jonathan Miller has created a harmony of food and wine, culminating in our extravagant Tasting Menu.
Perfect for business or pleasure, V. Mertz is the premier fine-dining restaurant in Omaha.
Our menus change seasonally and feature ingredients from local farms. From crispy salads to juicy burgers, sizzling skillets, fresh seafood, homemade pasta, and steaks done just right, there is something for everyone. And don’t forget about our signature desserts. You won’t want to leave without trying our Triple Chocolate Mousse! To wet your whistle, we offer an extensive wine list, craft beers and signature and seasonal cocktails.
HopCat was founded on the principles of bringing local craft beer a bit closer to the communities we love. We’re known for our award-wining Cosmik fries, which are beer battered, sprinkled with our signature cracked black pepper seasoning, and served with a side of warm cheese sauce. From burgers to tacos, our menu offers a range of delicious options.
We live the craft lifestyle - beer, cocktails and even craft food made from scratch. With a dedication to local breweries, sustainability and community engagement, HopCat offers craft beer and great food in a vibrant atmosphere for an inclusive, unforgettable experience.
- OTNebraska •2 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoAlways fantastic food at Hiro. Our server was very helpful; attentive, but not overbearing. Overall, a great experience.More infoHiro 88 - MillardPrice: Expensive• Asian• West Omaha•4.3
- RtoddRvipNebraska •15 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoAlways a great experience. Highly recommended you try Jam’s if you haven’t already.More infoJam's - LegacyPrice: Moderate• American• West Omaha•4.2
- DHDeanHNebraska •1 review5.0Dined 5 days agoThe event was fun and entertaining. The food was downright amazing. I love new things and twists on old things and they hit it outta the park on both areas. Also, at small plate tasting you often leave hungry. Not at all here. The pairings with the whisky was fantastic as well! We went for the whisky, which was all very good but the food stole the show!! Thank you.More infoBacklot Pizza + KitchenPrice: Moderate• Pizza Bar• West Omaha•4.6
- JRJamesRNebraska •3 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoWe reserved a high top because that is all I could see was available on OpenTable. I sent a message from the app to let the restaurant know we would prefer a low top if it was available. The response in the app said "there weren't any available" at the time of your reservation. When we got there they sat us in a low top which was nice. There were many open when we arrived. Salted Edge was beautiful and we watched the sunset over the water while we had cocktails. Prices were high but there are no choices within 5 miles. We thought the food quality and taste were excellent. Our server was very good and described whatever we asked. Overall Excellent experience.More infoSalted EdgePrice: Very Expensive• American• West Omaha•4.8
- OT1 review5.0Dined on Oct 8, 2023Came to Omaha to take my parents out for a great meal and certainly was not disappointed! Very attentive staff and an amazing meal! Keep up the good work!More infoBarrel & VinePrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• West Omaha•4.1
Nebraska is known as farm country, but don't discount the cities! For instance, Omaha is well-known for its many steakhouses. Of course, quality barbecue is always on the menu, and you can enjoy great pork tenderloin in addition to beef. Those with adventurous palates might enjoy a plate of Rocky Mountain oysters, a Nebraska tradition. Don't let landlocked Nebraska fool you. The seafood restaurants are plentiful and fine, offering shrimp with a Mexican zing and fresh oysters for happy hour. Nebraska's agricultural traditions offer access to amazing salad options, and Dorothy Lynch salad dressing was developed right here! Save room for dessert. You can find truly original sweets in Nebraska. It's the home of Butter Brickle ice cream, and you'll love the raisin pie.
Frequently asked questions
- Edgewood Shopping Center
- Hotel Deco
- Scott State Wildlife Management Area
- Crossroads Shopping Center
- TownePlace Suites Omaha West
- Chautauqua Park
- Td Ameritrade Park Omaha
- Weston Station
- Woodbury Hills Shopping Center
- Seacrest Field
- Southern Hills Mall
- Courtyard by Marriott Omaha Aksarben Village
- Travel Inn Omaha
- Indian Village Shopping Center
- Gretna City Park
- Nichols Park
- Magnolia Hotel Omaha
- Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown-Old Market Area
- Benson Park
- Westroads Mall