Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Warm hospitality is at the heart of everything we do. Because we are family-owned and operated, we personalize your visits and attend to special needs. Our staff is our greatest asset and we work hard with them to create extraordinary dining experiences.
Our wine list is a compilation of our favorites from around the world. Our new wine cellar and Retail Program showcase these items and make them readily available for takeout at extremely moderate pricing. Our draught program includes ever-rotating microbrews and our cocktails are handcrafted with the finest ingredients.
The Boathouse experience begins with a drive along the shores of beautiful West Grand Traverse Bay and its sparkling blue waters.
When you dine with us, you get the best of both worlds: We are both locavores and connoisseurs of what the rest of the world has to offer, so you get the freshest, finest ingredients from near and far. Owner Doug Kosch adheres to the "farm to table" concept.
Please visit our website for further information, sample menus & directions. Online reservations are limited, please call if you do not see the availability you want. We look forward to having you as our guest!
*We do not have a children's menu; young children are strongly discouraged. We are a small space ~ limits are in place for larger parties.
We strive to not only provide exceptional food and service, but also offer you a dining experience that will leave you with memories for years to come. While our house specialty is our Famous Shrimp Dinners, we offer a variety of menu items for you to enjoy including Steaks, Seafood and Wood Fired Pizzas.
Experience the almost seamless setting of “up north” blue waters and pure air. Delight in the breathtaking sunsets while sipping finely crafted cocktails. An unforgettable experience in dining, with the freshest of local produce, fish and game, prepared in carefully understated fashion to respect the wonderful specialness of original flavors.
Please note that there is no children's menu at Chianti and Mission Point Resort's kids eat free program is not available.
The Lakeview Bar offers a more casual dining experience. It includes a bar with multiple flat screens to catch up on the latest leaderboard updates, indoor dining and a uncovered porch with panoramic views of Lake Michigan. Seating for an additional 30 is available in the Lakeview Dining Room, including a private space for that special occasion—all of course with spectacular views of Lake Michigan and Arcadia Bluffs.
The Sunroom offers additional seating with stunning views of Lake Michigan. It is also available as private space that can be sectioned off into two spaces that accommodate up to 45 on each side or opened up to host 90 guests. The Sunroom also has an outdoor glass walled terrace with seating available for use with private events.
Directly overlooking the Straits of Mackinac, guests enjoy flawless service in our glass-enclosed dining room or on one of our breezy outdoor waterfront verandas. The restaurant features an extensive wine list, full bar and nightly entertainment at the piano bar.
4653 S. Straits Highway, Indian River, MI, 49749.
- MBMargieBvipNew York / Tri-State Area •11 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoWe drive in from Harbor Springs. We have thoroughly enjoyed each visit, and BNI is our new favorite spot! Did I mention great pours and super food options?More infoBennethum's Northern InnPrice: Expensive• American• Gaylord•4.9
- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •2 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoWe were there for the first time to celebrate Thanksgiving. Management graciously accommodated our seating preference, the food was delicious, service exceptional and the view a wonderful bonus! We will return.More infoAerie Restaurant & LoungePrice: Very Expensive• American• Acme•4.4
- MMMegMvipNorthern Michigan / Upper Peninsula •2 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 22, 2023The Boathouse was wonderful as always! It’s our favorite place to eat.More infoBoathouse RestaurantPrice: Very Expensive• European• Traverse City•4.9
- LHLisaHChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Beautiful restaurant with amazing food. Highly recommend!More infoArtisan - Traverse CityPrice: Expensive• American• Traverse City•4.7
- CSCathySNorthern Michigan / Upper Peninsula •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Very enjoyable experience. Was disappointed they were out of lobster though.More infoBourbons 72Price: Expensive• Steak• Traverse City•4.6
Discover Upper Peninsula
Michigan’s Upper Peninsula boasts cuisine that's rustic, fresh, and homemade. Whether you’re in the mood for cook-to-order hamburgers at the local carhop or old-world recipes and local beer, Northern Michigan has something for everyone. You’ll find a host of Italian restaurants serving up gourmet pizza and other classic Italian dishes. Are you looking for casual fare from a diner? The area won’t disappoint as it has several establishments serving up homemade hamburgers, local jerky, and pasties. Be sure to visit one of the area’s German-influenced restaurants too. They use locally sourced ingredients in traditional recipes, and the Michigan and European beer selections are plentiful.
Frequently asked questions
- Sunset Park
- Mount Pleasant Station
- Garland Resort
- Aloha State Park
- Bay Harbor Village Hotel
- Old Mission Lighthouse Park
- Sayler Park
- Waterfront Park
- Mackinaw City Minicipal Marina
- Empire Lumber County Historical Marker
- Saint Paul The Apostle Church Historical Marker
- Alma College Historical Marker
- Lincoln Manor Park
- Hobard State Park
- South Higgins Lake State Park
- Grand Traverse Mall
- Ray Auto Marina
- Beulah Station Historical
- Grand Traverse Lighthouse Museum
- Pohlcat Golf Course