Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Open Wednesday to Sunday from 4 for drinks & 6 for food, serving contemporary Scottish menus, ensuring dishes with depth of flavour and striking presentation based on classical French techniques. Perthshire is often referred to as ‘Scotland's larder’, and at Achray House we are eager to use this fresh, local produce in abundance.
Allow 1.5 - 2 hours for your dining experience with us as you savour the dishes all cooked from scratch while taking in the beautiful views.
Combine this with welcoming, genuine Scottish hospitality, you are truly in for a treat.
6 Course Tasting Menu & Glass of Fizz (£69 per person) is available with 24 hours notice. No dietaries catered for.
We are delighted to serve up an array of home cooked Scottish favourites including freshly landed fish and chips, The Boathouse steak pie, haggis, neeps and tatties and many other classics.
Our bar area offers a warm and cosy welcome whether your tipple is a beer, wine, cocktail, gin or dram.
And don’t forget we have the most fabulous outdoor seating overlooking the stunning Loch, the perfect spot on a sunny day. We also have a small number of outdoor covered bothies available.
We are dog friendly and serve up a special menu for our four legged friends created by our friends
We are pet friendly but please let us know if you are bringing them with you.
Deciding to turn our vision of the perfect pub & restaurant into bricks and mortar, we chose wonderful Stirlingshire, a captivating part of Scotland that is home to a wealth of incredible foods, food producers, breweries and distilleries.
Since taking over the Allan Park Hotel, we have been working hard to transform the building into a truly special pub, restaurant and coffee house.
Whatever reason you may have for visiting us – a healthy or hearty breakfast, a coffee with home-baking beside our wood-burning stove or downstairs with the kids in the play area, fantastic food with family in our restaurant, a glass of wine or a local beer with friends in our bar or on the riverside terrace – we assure you of a friendly welcome from staff who care.
Please let us know when you book if you are bringing your dog and we will reserve a suitable table.
The Riverside really is our dream come true and we look forward to welcoming you through its doors.
Stuart & Jo
Unwind in our charming listed building complete with stylish decor, a beautiful conservatory area, a roaring log-fire and a garden terrace with great views of Stirling Castle.
The menu is made up of the classic pub dishes you know and love as well as international temptations for you to indulge on. Make Sunday a true day of rest and come in for our signature Sunday roast, served with all the trimmings.
🧒 Under 18s welcome until 10pm
🏃 Walk-ins welcome
🍹 Bookings for food & drink and just drinks welcome
📅 Contact us directly for bookings of 8 or more
Our chefs always source the freshest local produce to deliver delicious and hearty Scottish food. Local Venison, Sea food and and our own Whisky Hot and Cold smoked Salmon. Try our Scottish Tapas which includes Salmon, roll mop, Haggis fritter, Cullen Skink, Whisky smoked cheese and our own oat cakes.. We have a wide selection of vegetarian options including Fish and Chips (Halloumi)
Open fire and outside eating when the weather permits over looking the famous Falls of Dochart.
- VVickiGlasgow/Lanarkshire •5 reviews4.0Dined 3 days agoEverything was fine, but the beef (cheek?) was the most horrible thing I've seen on a plate in a very long time and I left most of it. I think it was reconstituted beef - it was uniform in shape (my husband ordered it too), and on close inspection, looked like long pile carpet, with fibres of beef all stacked up against each other. It was covered in a thick sweet sauce. The waiter said the chef used a lot of redcurrant jelly in the gravy. Please rethink this dish - the vegetables and indeed everything else we had at lunch as a table of 4 was very good, and the usual standard we expect at this venue. I'll continue to recommend it to friends but will suggest they avoid this dishMore infoThe Riverside DunblanePrice: Moderate• British• Stirling•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerPerthshire/Stirlingshire •1 review5.0Dined 7 days agoThis was my first time visiting Paco’s and it won’t be the last we arrived with 2 extra people who weren’t booked in with us and the staff couldn’t be more accommodating found us another table and fitted us all in the level of service and standard of food was outstanding can’t wait till my next visit x👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻More infoPaco's RestaurantPrice: Moderate• International• Perth•4.6
- AEAntonEgoLondon •9 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023The usual quality but surprised some of the signature Menu items were not available so early in the evening. When I go to a restaurant I expect all menu items to be available.More infoHawksmoor EdinburghPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Edinburgh•4.5
- JBJennyBEdinburgh/Midlothian •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Full vegetarian menu and vegan options as well. Food was superb. I have recommended to my sister when she visits and hope to be back myself.More infoThe Ivy on the SquarePrice: Expensive• Contemporary British• Old Town•4.3
- EEmmaGlasgow/Lanarkshire •11 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Absolutely wonderful way to start 2023! Service and food was superb. I’ve never had a bad experience at The Ivy. I highly recommend it here, whether for a special occasion or for brunch with friends. I look forward to returning.More infoThe Ivy Buchanan Street GlasgowPrice: Expensive• Contemporary British• Glasgow•4.5
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Perthshire is Falls of Dochart Smokehouse
The restaurants with the best service in Perthshire are Falls of Dochart Smokehouse, Maharaja Stirling and Afternoon Tea at Murrayshall Country House Hotel & Golf Club
The restaurants with the best ambiance in Perthshire are Afternoon Tea at Murrayshall Country House Hotel & Golf Club, Maharaja Stirling and Falls of Dochart Smokehouse