Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
ROMA, an Italian eatery in Rice Village, is Houston's premier Italian restaurant, known for its homemade traditional pastas, its creative contemporary Italian cuisine, and its fine wine program.
ROMA was called one of "Houston's Best New Restaurants" by CultureMap when it first opened in 2019. And Houstonia magazine has called it one of their editors' favorite Italian restaurants in the city.
In 2020, ROMA launched what would become one of the city's most successful virtual wine dinner programs, often "hosting" more than 80 guests weekly in their homes as Italian winemakers joined from Italy.
That has inspired Shanon Scott to take his wine program to the next level. "Our goal is to make ROMA one of Houston's top wine destinations by the end of 2021," says Shanon.
Look out for new and regularly occurring wine tastings, wine dinners, and other wine and food events at ROMA!
For group or private dining for 7+ guests, please submit a private dining inquiry below.
Top off your Café Rabelais French feast with an unforgettable dessert, like the mixed nut and chocolate silk pie “fondant au chocolate sur croute de noix” or the fruity “sorbet du jour” and wash it down with a fresh, hot espresso.
An ode to Houston’s diverse population, FRNDS (pronounced friends), serves as an opulent and ultra-chic setting, perfect for private events or social gatherings. With tantalizing sharable plates crafted by Houston’s very own, Chef Mark Holley, FRNDS offers a phenomenal menu, certain to wow our guests.
Cocktail aficionados can expect a crafted cocktail menu, that features classic cocktails with an amorous and unique spin.
Ultimately, FRNDS Restaurant & Lounge aims to redefine the modern dining experience complete with remarkable food, world-class service, and the perfect ambiance. We look forward to providing a space where you can make long-lasting memories with FRNDS!
- DZDebZNew York City •8 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoExcellent fresh Mediterranean food. The menu has great choice, but could use more fish choices. A favorite restaurant for us regardless.More infoHelen Greek Food and Wine$$$$Price: Moderate• Greek• Rice Village•4.7
- CRChefRMWShreveport •6 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoMy Wife and I had a wonderful dinner at Cafe Rabelais last night. We shared a Salade Chèvre Chaud as well as the Cepes with lardons and a Poached egg. Both were fabulous. We each had the Snapper special which was grilled snapper fillet on mashed potatoes with asparagus and a port wine sauce. Delicious! Dessert was a wine poached Anjou per with chocolate sauce, ice cream and Chantilly cream. After my wife sampled it, I finished it! I drank a nice Cote du Beaune Burgundy while she had a French Sauvignon Blanc. All in all a great experience.More infoCafe Rabelais$$$$Price: Expensive• French• Rice Village•4.5
- SStephHouston •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoMy fiancé and I came here for the first time for his birthday. It was a lovely dinner. All of our food and drinks were absolutely spectacular. The service was fabulous. Perfectly elevated casual. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone including parties with kids.More infoCoppa Osteria$$$$Price: Moderate• Contemporary Italian• Rice Village•4.7
- FFaydocHouston •19 reviews5.0Dined on Feb 24, 2024Loved this neighborhood bistro. Perfect evening to be outside. The food was amazing and the wait staff impeccable. Will definitely return. A shout out to Ivan.More infoGratify$$$$Price: Moderate• Bistro• Rice Village•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerAtlanta Metro •1 review5.0Dined on Feb 10, 2024FRNDS’ food is fantastic. The buttermilk biscuits and the calamari are must try dishes in the entire city. Service is great, though it can be a little hard to hear as the restaurant fills up. If you’re looking for a fun dinner but also good food you have to give this place a try. If you’re going on a business dinner where you need to hear and discuss open items, probably not the best place for you.More infoFRNDS Restaurant & Lounge$$$$Price: Very Expensive• International• Rice Village•3.9
11 Houston restaurants perfect for special occasions
Houston’s celebration spots are as diverse as the rapidly growing city. And restaurants know how to add fuel to your festivities, whether that means a complimentary dessert, hand-written note, or a pitch-perfect Champagne bottle to match your epic night out. Your celebration might call for a round of margaritas and a queso or a stiff martini and a perfectly cooked steak. You’re in luck, because there’s no one way to celebrate in Houston. Read on for a guide to 11 restaurants made for special occasions.
9 Burgers You Must Try In Miami
There’s something about a nice juicy burger that makes it the perfect craveable dish — maybe because it’s a handheld meal that’s ideal for curing ailments like extreme hunger and hangovers. With so many combinations from meat to cheese to toppings and style of bun, no two burgers are the same — and nor should they be. Fortunately, in the Magic City there’s no shortage of delicious, mouthwatering burgers to sink your teeth into. From secret sauces to secret locations there’s always a new burger to discover. Here are nine Miami burgers to put on your to-do list immediately.
Discover Rice Village
Rice Village is a unique shopping district located in Houston, Texas. Made up of retail, entertainment and dining options, Rice Village is a great place to grab lunch or dinner. Enjoy a casual lunch at a burger joint with an extensive beer list. Enjoy authentic Greek food with an all-Hellenic wine list, featuring regional cuisine with local seafood and ingredients. Many chefs here work directly with food providers in Houston to create farm-to-table menus. Grilled lamb chops and gyros top the list as local favorite picks. With so many versatile dining options, Rice Village is a great spot to have a good time with family and friends.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Rice Village is Cafe Rabelais