Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
- San Francisco can get very chilly at night. Please do not forget your jacket.
La Ciccia is a cozy and intimate restaurant located on the edge of Noe Valley. The chef is committed to use the freshest and the most authentic ingredients from Sardinia resulting in pungent, lively, flavorful food. The all Italian wine list, 150 labels selection represent every Region with more than a quarter devote to Sardinia in order to pair the traditional earthy flavors as well seafood influence of Sardinia cuisine. La Ciccia is a tribute to Sardinia an experience not to be missed.
Oh, you wanted a restaurant description? Sorry. Can’t really help you there. We’re not so big on labels. Our food is hard to nail down as we are constantly evolving and entirely seasonal and personal. We’ve used “Food you eat” as a tag line on occasion and that remains accurate. We could also describe it as “Food we really want you to eat”. When you’re here, tell us what you would call it.
The menu is based on the Italian tradition of preparing food - combining simplicity with the best ingredients of the season, including quality olive oil, locally grown local vegetables and fruits, and seasonal specials of seafood, poultry, meat and game. Our bread and pastas - gnocchi, tagliatelle, pappardelle, tortelloni, and ravioli are homemade on premise.
In addition to the regular menu, our specials menu features different soups, antipasti, pastas, and main courses.
Beyond a passion for authentic Roman cuisine, our friendly Italian staff work from their hearts to make your visit comfortable and enjoyable.
We would like to welcome our new Chef Bobby Nasser to the Bacco family. With over 30 years of culinary experience starting in Italy to his latest venture at the Fairmount Royal York Hotel in Toronto Canada.
Among the light & seasonal dishes at Birch & Rye are several GF and vegan options. The beverage program features infused vodkas & Eastern European wines.
Our 20% quality of life service charge is split among our staff and allows for a higher than average hourly wage, 100% coverage of health insurance and a 401K w/match.
Photos (C) Sarah Felker
Enjoy the wines and cuisine of southwest France in an exquisitely comfortable setting. A joint venture between Andrew Fidelman, Laurent Manrique and Chris Condy, this cozy restaurant/wine bar was inspired by the cuisine and wines of Gascony. Enjoy our favorite recipes from southwest France, bar bites before an evening out or our fabulous French fare for a hearty lunch or dinner. Michael Bauer of The San Francisco Chronicle says Aquitaine offers “The Best Mussels in the Bay Area” and calls it one of “Best Places to Dine”. Aquitaine also offers a large retail selection of wines at 30% off the list price that represent the grapes of southwest France & from countries like Argentina, Chile and the United States. Don’t forget to ask about “The Cave” – our private room available for your special events for up
- WTWillowTvipSan Francisco Bay Area •11 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoOur experience at Bistro Ember was wonderful! We had a lovely window table and the service was extraordinary! The food was beautifully plated and delicious. I hope this new neighborhood gem is well supported. It’s a special place for special occasions or the regular dinner out.More infoBistro EmberPrice: Moderate• Fusion / Eclectic• Noe Valley•4.7
- KSKasiaSSan Francisco Bay Area •3 reviews4.0Dined 3 days agoFood was tasty but tiny for the price. Ambiance was nice and there was availability for brunch.More infoMr. Digby'sPrice: Expensive• American• Noe Valley•4.6
- RDRDforSFSan Francisco Bay Area •2 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoGreat hidden gem, order many starters and share. Very interesting selection of infused vodkas which then play into the drink flavors.More infoBirch & RyePrice: Very Expensive• Russian• Noe Valley•4.5
- KkathydSan Francisco Bay Area •7 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoWe've been coming to bacco for years - it's our go-to for italian food. Service is always spot on, food is very good and wine selection is very good as well. Overall, bacco does not disappoint.More infoBacco RistorantePrice: Expensive• Italian• Noe Valley•4.6
- JGJamesGSan Francisco Bay Area •3 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoFantastik dining experience from the moment we set foot in the restaurant. The innovative/creative drinks that they concoct are delish and fun. The starters were great. We had the Salmon Tartar and the Truffle Fries and the Fried Zuchinni. All outstanding. We had the Crispy Chicken Thighs and the Beet Ricotta Rigatoni. Both super delish. We ordered the Flan and the Lime Mousse and they were both lovely. Super cool proprietors.More infoMemento SFPrice: Expensive• Fusion / Eclectic• Noe Valley•4.6
The New York Times names its 50 favorite restaurants for 2023
Among the favorites this year are Keralan comfort food spot Thattu in Chicago and the cafe-by-day, restaurant-by-night Comfort Kitchen in Boston.
Here are Food & Wine’s Best New Chefs and Best Restaurants in the US for 2023
Read on for the magazine’s picks for the best new chefs in the country and readers’ top restaurants in the US.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Francisco
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Francisco
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in the Bay Area
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Discover Noe Valley
Nestled between the Castro and adjacent to the Mission, Noe Valley has elements of each of its neighbor’s vibrancy in its food scene. In the last year, the city’s first Portuguese restaurant opened in the area, adding to the cultural tapestry of tastes. Discover everything from stylish tapas to Michelin-recommend sushi, with a healthy helping of cozy neighborhood joints and Californian comfort food to make you feel like a local, even if it’s your first time stopping in.
Frequently asked questions
As of September 27, 2023 there are 11 restaurants in Noe Valley. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Italian, Greek, Fusion / Eclectic, Russian and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Noe Valley who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Noe Valley either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Walter Haas Playground
- Noe Oasis One-Bedroom Apartment
- George Christopher Playground
- Diamond Heights Shopping Center
- Upper Noe Recreation Center
- Glen Canyon Park
- Noe Valley Place
- Douglas Playground
- AMSI Noe Valley (AMSI-SF.NV233743)
- Dolores Street Noe Valley Two-Bedroom Apartment
- Miralona Playground
- Noe Valley Heights
- Billy Goat Hill Park
- Juri Commons
- Noe Valley - Mission One Bedroom Apartment
- AMSI Noe Valley (AMSI-SF.NV233742)