Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
The charming neighborhood location, old world service & multiple private dining options make Jeffrey's a true Austin gem. Jeffrey's was named “Top 10 Best New Restaurants” in the country by Bon Appetit magazine in 2013.
Olamaie is the first name of five generations of women in Executive Chef Michael Fojtasek’s family. His mother, grandmother, great grandmother, great-great-grandmother and now his daughter all honor the name with their shared patience, acceptance of others, boundless love, and soulful allegiance to food.
James Beard Finalist: Best Chef Southwest/Texas 2018, 2019, & 2020 (Michael Fojtasek)
James Beard Semifinalist: Emerging Chef 2022 (Amanda Turner)
James Beard Semifinalist: Best New Restaurant 2015
Austin American Statesman #1 2015, 2017, 2019
Food & Wine Best New Chef 2015
2021 Best Place for Working Parents
Member of Good Work Austin
Learn more about McGuire Moorman Hospitality and their family of restaurants at www.mcguiremoorman.com.
Please note that we have a 15 minute grace period on reservation arrival times. Should you find yourself running late, please give us a call or the table may be released to a waiting guest.
Tables of 1-2 guests will be reserved for 1.5 hours, tables of 3-4 will be reserved for 1 hour and 45 minutes, tables of 6+ will be reserved for 2 hours. These times reflect standard dining times of our guests. Should you feel that you need additional tim
Lunch is served daily from 11am to 3 pm with counter service. Limited menu available between 4-5:30pm. Dinner begins daily at 5:00pm and is full table service. Closed on Sundays.
House favorites are key to trying, Chinese Hack Chicken Salad and the famous Chicken Picatta .
If your in the mood for a quick coffee, maybe a bite to eat with the family, looking for a private event space, or even heading out for a night on the town with friends Hank's has something for everyone.
The newest restaurant on the block to offer guests a diverse array of dining options.
Our authentic yakiniku (grilled barbeque) dining experience crowns you the chef. Share a variety of delicious appetizers and premium cooked meats over a flaming grill, paired with Japanese sake, frosty cold beers, or other alcoholic and non-alcoholic options of your choice. We're the perfect spot to enjoy time with friends and family, organize an office party, or to spend quality time with your significant other!
Before you go, don't forget to taste our best-seller Harami Skirt Steak or Prime Kalbi Short Rib among other must-try dishes!
- AAnonymousNashville •2 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoMy recent dining experience at Aba left me utterly impressed. The outdoor seating area, adorned with lights and surrounded by lush greenery, creates a magical atmosphere setting the stage for an intimate and pleasurable dining experience. The star of the show, however, was undeniably the food. Every dish presented to us was visually appealing and bursting with flavor. From the appetizers to the desserts, each course was a testament to the chef's skill and creativity. One standout dish was the short rib hummus, which perfectly combined unique flavors and textures.More infoAba - AustinPrice: Very Expensive• Mediterranean• East Austin•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerAustin •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoNori had excellent customer service and the food was phenomenal. I intend to come back here in the future. :) . The only thing I would change would be the drinks my friend and I had. We had a mocktail and the drink of the month and the drinks tasted like sparkling water. So that was a bit disappointing. Otherwise, the food was great. :)More infoNoriPrice: Expensive• Sushi• Old West Austin•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerAustin •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoThis is my second visit to Honey Moon Spirit Lounge. The food, drinks and service are amazing! Thank you for helping me celebrate my birthday!More infoHoney Moon Spirit LoungePrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Central Austin•4.7
- SSandyvipAustin •84 reviews4.0Dined on Nov 11, 2023Really cool place and delicious food. Pho was great!More infoHopfieldsPrice: Expensive• French• Midtown•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinervipAustin •8 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Alway the same when i go there… which i prefer cause i love consistency!!! Knowledgeable servers and a cool atmosphere!!More infoJosephine HousePrice: Moderate• American• Central Austin•4.8
8 of Austin’s outstanding spots for celebrating special occasions
Austin loves a full-blown party, and the special-occasion restaurants in this famously quirky city are as distinct as the people who celebrate here. No matter what you’re marking, whether it’s an all-out graduation party—hook ’em horns!—or a romantic milestone under a sprawling Texas sky, this town’s got a spot for you. Read on for a guide to eight Austin restaurants perfect for special occasions.
Austin’s 8 favorite bars
Austin’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Where to find Austin’s best outdoor dining
Austin’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
18 restaurants that define dining in Austin
The Texan capital’s dining scene is as spirited as its residents. Read on for a guide to 18 restaurants that are vital to Austin.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Austin
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
4 Must-Try Restaurants in Austin Right Now
Austin’s dining scene is unstoppable, growing by leaps and bounds, defined by the spirit of constant renewal. Bat City’s latest batch of restaurants mirrors its fast-growing population, including a hotel chophouse by a James Beard Award nominee and a swanky, Italian-accented steakhouse. A couple of Mexican spots that offer lesser-seen regional fare, inspired by the chefs’ travels to Oaxaca and beyond, plus a casual Hill Country smokehouse from a successful Houston transplant round out the selection. Prepare to be impressed by these four promising newcomers, reflecting the best of Austin right now.
8 Gameday Tables to Book in Austin This Fall
Everything, including football season, is decidedly bigger in Texas. In Austin, gameday fever takes on epic heights thanks to the University of Texas, set in the city’s buzzy downtown. When UT’s beloved Longhorns kick off their season on September 3, many fans will ditch their couches for TV screens at an array of lively bars and restaurants, which include everything from an airy downtown rooftop to a historic German-influenced dive. Though many spots serve up that faithful beer and wings combo, others pair brews and specialty cocktails with Irish pub grub, spicy Southwestern snacks, and New York-style pizza to fuel the fun. Here is OpenTable’s guide to Austin’s 8 best spots for watching football this fall—so book'em (horns).
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
Austin’s 10 Best Burgers
The Austin culinary scene centers high-quality beef: From steakhouses to tacos to barbecue, there is no shortage of places to get the best beef. That extends to burgers, too — from a family-run spot that sources the beef on its burgers from its own ranch to burger patties made from wagyu, the restaurants in Austin let burger lovers get their fix every night of the week. Here are ten of the best burgers in the city.
Discover Central Austin
For a city with the motto “Keep Austin Weird,” it's not surprising that the area is home to an eclectic assortment of dishes. This is a part of the city where you can eat breakfast tacos in the morning, have barbecue from a food truck for lunch and end the day with a meal of pork jowl bibimbap. Have a group? Enjoy a hookah with expertly prepared Mediterranean cuisine or Shwarma seasoned to perfection. When it comes to dessert, central Austin is more than up to the task. From donuts adorned with cereal to fruit-filled kolache, you may be ruined for pastries and sweets from any other city. Naturally, you'll also find an assortment of coffee shops throughout the area, and you'll have the opportunity to try an almost endless variety of coffee, espresso and tea.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Central Austin is Jeffrey's Restaurant
- Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum
- University of Texas At Austin
- Northeast Park
- AT&T Hotel & Conference Center
- Clark Field
- Luedecke Arena
- Thompson Conference Center
- Bartholomew Park
- Authentic Central Austin Home by TurnKey Vacation Rentals
- Frank Denius Fields
- Jack's Blanton Museum of Art
- Walnut Creek Nature Preserve
- Texas Memorial Museum
- Dr Exalton And Wilhelmina Delco Activity Center
- Quail Creek Park
- Hampton Inn and Suites Austin University Capitol
- Westenfield Park
- Patterson Park
- Jordan Park
- Darrell K Royal Texas Memorial Stadium University of Texas