Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
J Carver's Oyster Bar & Chophouse features market fresh oysters & premium wood grilled steaks. Nestled in West 6th District of Downtown Austin, John Carver, Owner and Chef delivers an elevated classic fine dining experience featuring a gorgeous raw & oyster bar and intimate dining experience.
In order to honor all reservations booked, we ask that all bookings adhere to our suggested dining time frame. Please contact our reservationist if you have additional questions. Our time frames are as follows
2 people - 2 hours
3 people - 2 hr 15 minutes
4-5 people - 2 hr 30 minutes
6-7 people - 2hr 45 minutes
8+ people - 3 hours
Please reach out to our reservationist for private dining.
We offer Valet at $12 daily
Classic coastal cooking from the Texas Gulf to the Northeastern Seaboard influences Clark's menu. A large portion of the concept is devoted to oysters, raw bar, seafood, and caviar. We procure the freshest oysters from small harvesters around North America and serve cold seafood platters featuring super fresh daily specials.
Learn more about MML Hospitality and their family of restaurants at www.mmlhospitality.com.
Menus are updated daily. To see today's menu, visit https://uchiaustin.com/menu
Please wear your mask when entering Red Ash. You may remove your mask at your table. Please wear your mask when walking through restaurant.
Wood Fired hand crafted Italian food set in a rustic modern open space in the warehouse district in ATX. A wide range of specialty dishes created by Chef owner John Carver and his staff on a nightly basis. Our house made Pastas, Fresh Seafood, and Prime Steaks are all prepared on wood fired grill, oven and plancha. An International wine list, specialty craft cocktails, and local brewed beers to choose from. Dolce and some Grappa, Amaro or Vino Dolce to add to your dining experience at Red Ash Italia.
The Roosevelt Room has received the following accolades: Top Four Best American Cocktail Bar 2022 by the Spirited Awards, Top Four Best American Bar Team 2022 by the Spirited Awards, Top Five Best Cocktail Bar 2022 by Liquor.com's Liquor Awards, Austin's Best New Cocktail Bar 2015 by Thrillist, & Bar of the Year 2017 by TimeOut Austin.
RESERVATIONS ARE STRONGLY SUGGESTED. Walk-ins are welcome, but please note that there may be a short wait for the next available table. If your reservation details change, please let us know. We will do our best to accommodate last-minute alterations, but we cannot guarantee immediate seating for any additional guests. For reservations of 11+, click the "Book an Event" tab on our website.
Available Fridays & Saturdays from 6:00 - 11:00pm
Room 725 is Fairmont Austin’s hidden haven. This semi-private lounge space offers the most indulgent of Austin experiences through a selection of caviar, exquisite Champagne options, a menu of Pre-Embargo Cigars and live music.
At the end of the day, Banger's is all about being a wonderful place to eat, drink and hangout. Not too rowdy, not too laid back, just a good old fashioned good time.
Located at the AT&T Hotel and Conference Center on the campus of The University of Texas at Austin, The Carillon delivers an impressive and memorable experience. Complimentary self-parking in the Conference Center Garage. Bring your ticket to be validated. We look forward to seeing you soon.
- CACARRENWGreater Boston •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoWe went here to celebrate my husband’s 50th Birthday while in town visiting Austin. Our server was Gina and she was great. Every employee made the evening special. He was wished Happy Birthday by everyone that came to our table. The food was AMAZING. If we lived in Austin this would be our go to place for special occasions.More infoIII Forks - AustinPrice: Expensive• Steak• Downtown•4.8
- FGFrancisGCaribbean •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoA friend recommended this place and it totally surpassed our expectations. Wait time was minimal and accordingly to our reservations. Food and service was outstanding. We ordered the Friday lunch special. The food temperature, flavor , seasoning was awesome. Conner was an great and knowledgeable. We would definitely visit again!More infoPerry's Steakhouse & Grille - Downtown AustinPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Downtown•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerMiami - Dade •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Best steak I ever hadMore infoDean's Italian SteakhousePrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Downtown•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinervipAustin •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Food is so good. We sat at a four top in the bar area? Which was a little strange since I made reservations over two months ago. Whatever- food and service were top notch. I had the 30 day aged filet and gnocchi. Best steak in the city. Meatballs were just ok - bread was amazing and the table lived the bone marrow.More infoRed Ash ItaliaPrice: Very Expensive• Italian• Downtown•4.9
- OTOpenTable DinerNew York / Tri-State Area •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 20231/1/23 Service was great , very attentative Food , a bit saltier for me but everything was delicious ! I had bone in rib-eye , highly recommend , shared the portion cause it was a lot 22 oz . Lobster mash - chunks of lobster Truffle Mac and cheese so flavorful ! Everything was cooked to perfection ! Ending with banana forester , great presentation , shared by 4 was enough ! What a great way to start the New year 2023 !More infoEddie V's - 5th StreetPrice: Very Expensive• Seafood• Downtown•4.8
The 6 best new Austin restaurants of 2023
Austin’s restaurant scene always sizzles with top-notch Tex-Mex and next-level barbecue, but 2023 brought innovative new spots that combine Lone Star State swagger with global accents. These debuts were beloved by diners and critics alike, like a New American hotspot by a six-time James Beard Award nominee or a Latin-inspired, live-fire dazzler that earned a nod from the Austin American-Statesman. Read on for a guide to the six reservations you need to make at Austin’s hottest 2023 restaurant openings.
8 of Austin’s outstanding spots for celebrating special occasions
Austin loves a full-blown party, and the special-occasion restaurants in this famously quirky city are as distinct as the people who celebrate here. No matter what you’re marking, whether it’s an all-out graduation party—hook ’em horns!—or a romantic milestone under a sprawling Texas sky, this town’s got a spot for you. Read on for a guide to eight Austin restaurants perfect for special occasions.
Austin’s 8 favorite bars
Austin’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Where to find Austin’s best outdoor dining
Austin’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
18 restaurants that define dining in Austin
The Texan capital’s dining scene is as spirited as its residents. Read on for a guide to 18 restaurants that are vital to Austin.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Austin
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
8 Gameday Tables to Book in Austin This Fall
Everything, including football season, is decidedly bigger in Texas. In Austin, gameday fever takes on epic heights thanks to the University of Texas, set in the city’s buzzy downtown. When UT’s beloved Longhorns kick off their season on September 3, many fans will ditch their couches for TV screens at an array of lively bars and restaurants, which include everything from an airy downtown rooftop to a historic German-influenced dive. Though many spots serve up that faithful beer and wings combo, others pair brews and specialty cocktails with Irish pub grub, spicy Southwestern snacks, and New York-style pizza to fuel the fun. Here is OpenTable’s guide to Austin’s 8 best spots for watching football this fall—so book'em (horns).
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
Austin’s 10 Best Burgers
The Austin culinary scene centers high-quality beef: From steakhouses to tacos to barbecue, there is no shortage of places to get the best beef. That extends to burgers, too — from a family-run spot that sources the beef on its burgers from its own ranch to burger patties made from wagyu, the restaurants in Austin let burger lovers get their fix every night of the week. Here are ten of the best burgers in the city.
Austin offers the best of all worlds. Creatives love its vibrant arts scene and tolerant vibe. Entrepreneurs appreciate its tech-heavy graduate pool from the University of Texas at Austin and other local schools. Those looking for savory food options are just as happy with what the Texas capital city has to offer. A diverse range of international, fusion, and standard American fare satisfies every appetite. But the city is especially well-known for its variety of breakfast tacos, known as migas tacos. As part of the Texas Barbecue Belt, Austin is home to a mind-boggling number of BBQ joints. The city's Central Texas barbecue style, influenced by the European immigrants who settled here, involves show-stopping portions of pecan- or oak-smoked ribs and brisket.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Downtown is Toss Pizzeria & Pub - South 1st
- O Henry Home Museum
- Children's Museum, Austin
- Disch Field
- Holiday Inn Austin -Town Lake
- Austin Convention Center
- Austin Childrens Museum
- JW Marriott Austin
- Maroon Stadium
- Gateway Market Shopping Center
- La Quinta Inn Austin Capitol
- State Capital, Austin Texas
- Mouse Park
- InterContinental Hotel Stephen F. Austin
- 6th Street
- Patterson Park
- Extended Stay America - Austin - Downtown - Town Lake
- Harry Ransom Center
- Paramount Theat
- Capital Complex Visitors Center
- Embassy Suites Austin - Downtown/Town Lake