Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Vincent’s has meant so much to me over these last 17 years, but it's important to evolve and stay ahead of the curve. The team and I are excited for this next chapter and we know our loyal guests will love the new experience we have planned.
- Chef Brandon Hunsaker
Well-known for our signature Clam Chowder, Grilled Swordfish, and Crème Brûlée, the Brigantine is a favorite among locals for consistently fresh seafood, succulent steaks and grilled meats.
Located near the California Center for the Arts, Escondido, the Brigantine features fireside seating in a casual dining room, and in the adjacent lounge. Outdoor dining is available on one of our intimate patios, which include both fireplace and water features.
Private dining is available.
The Escondido Brigantine serves dinner 7 nights a week, and lunch Monday-Saturday. Join us for our signature Happy Hour.
Our Chefs are proud to serve steaks that are aged at least 21 days, fresh-cut daily, and grilled over an open flame. Our menu has a variety of specialties to choose from: our legendary steaks, seafood, fall-off-the-bone Baby Back Ribs, our famous slow-roasted Prime Rib and many more. We pride ourselves at Black Angus Steakhouse for superior quality, friendly service, and great food. It’s more than a tradition - it's our passion every day.
OpenTable Diners Choice 2022 Award for Best Ambiance
Enjoy an incredible view of the African Plains at the Safari Park's newest gathering spot: The Watering Hole restaurant and bar. Watch rhinos and giraffes as you dine on menu items including tasty sandwiches and fresh salads, or relax with a refreshing beverage from the full-service bar with a wide selection of craft beers, wine, and mixed drinks.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, limited seating is available and hours are subject to change. Please check for operating hours upon arrival at the Safari Park.
18% Gratuity charge to be added to checks for parties of 7 or more
- CBCandaceBSan Diego •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoOur server, Fernando, made the experience. Great food!More infoBellamy's RestaurantPrice: Moderate• American• Escondido•4.5
- GGuidovipSan Diego •24 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoFirst time here and definitely coming back. Excellent soups and creative entrees. Not a fan of downtown Escondido but inside this restaurant you forget where you are. Pricey but worth it, you get fresh ingredients carefully prepared.More infoHunsakersPrice: Expensive• Farm-to-table• Escondido•4.7
- JLJacquelineLSan Diego •1 review5.0Dined 2 days ago2 of us had the crab and shrimp louie salad and 1 of us had the crab and shrimp cobb salad. All bowls had several large shrimp and fresh crab (along with the other fresh vegetables). We all remarked that they were delicious. The 4th in our party had the fish and chips. She thought the fish was tasty but felt the "chips/french fries" were cold so they promptly provided her with a hot plate of french fries (no extra charge). The mud pie is also excellent! Top notch service so we highly recommend if you are looking for quality food and ambiance.More infoBrigantine EscondidoPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Escondido•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerHawaii •1 review5.0Dined 5 days agoThis is the best place to come with family, coworkers, or friends looking to eat good food and have tasty beers. The outdoor space is beautiful, the staff is friendly and attentive—all around perfect place. I highly recommend trying if you haven't yet.More infoStone Brewing World Bistro & GardensPrice: Moderate• Beer Garden• Escondido•4.7
- CPCherylPWashington, D.C. Area •8 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023We had Good service and our food was served timely. Unfortunately the restaurant was out of a couple of the signature cocktails as well as Guinness. Love the popovers.More infoVintana Wine & DinePrice: Expensive• American• Escondido•4.6
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in LA
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Diego
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Diego
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in LA
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in San Diego
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
For those who love beautiful hills and picturesque lakes, Escondido is an excellent city. Located in San Diego’s North County, this town’s dining scene embraces a wide variety of flavors that are both exciting and fresh. One of Escondido’s culinary specialties is Mexican cooking. There are several taquerias and Southwestern-inspired eateries that serve delicious entrées. The area is also well known for its chef-owned establishments, including European and Asian-inspired restaurants, which provide unique takes on a variety of tastes. Many of Escondido’s eateries embrace the local sunny and pleasant climate; in fact, many of the restaurants offer patio seating, allowing patrons to soak up some rays while enjoying their meals.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Escondido is Vintana Wine & Dine
- Ferrara Plaza Shopping Center
- Knob Hill Park
- Escondido Hills Plaza Shopping Center
- Felicita Town Center Shopping Center
- Country Corner Shopping Center
- Campus Shopping Center
- Conway City Park
- Del Dios Community Park
- Rodeway Inn Escondido
- Westside Park
- The Vineyard Shopping Center
- Pamo Ranger Station Historical
- Quality Inn & Suites Escondido
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- San Diego Wild Animal Park
- Carousel Plaza Shopping Center
- Felicita Village Shopping Center
- Escondido Lodge
- Escondido Town And Country Shopping Center
- Del Norte Plaza Shopping Center