Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Family owned and managed Italian eatery serving authentic multi regional Italian cuisine in a cozy home-like atmosphere on the coast of Malibu, California
Malibu is full of icons. There may be none more legendary than the man who brought the tradition of surfing to our slice of heaven, Duke Kahanamoku. Duke’s Malibu honors the Ambassador of Aloha and pays tribute to the early days of West Coast surfing with delicious island-inspired cuisine, drinks at the Barefoot Bar and a genuine spirit of Aloha. Nestled along the Pacific Coast Highway, Duke’s Malibu has been serving up timeless memories for over 25 years, having opened its doors in 1996. Locals and visitors alike come to celebrate life and dine like a legend.
Moonshadows has set the standard for excellence in Malibu dining since the day it opened it's doors, four decades ago. At Moonshadows guest's find themselves immersed in an elegant yet comfortable environment complete with the breathtaking view of the Pacific Ocean.
Whether sitting down for a romantic dinner, or a weekend brunch, guests are treated to the best of contemporary American cuisine. The menu is complimented by a wine list that has been honored with Wine Spectator's Award Of Excellence for three years in a row.
Weekends feature an international roster of DJs spinning an eclectic mix of down tempo, lounge, and house grooves. Bottle service is available on the patio, and reservations are highly recommended on the weekends.
A reservation at the Paradise Cove Beach Cafe does not hold you a table but puts your party on a priority waitlist. Guests with reservations could potentially wait up to 1 hour with the reservation, depending on how busy it is. Reservations may check-in 20 minutes before their reservation time so we can start preparing your table. In the meantime guests may enjoy the beach and get some drinks and appetizers from our to-go shop. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these strange times.
No mask, no service!
*Masks are required for all guests over the age of 2*
- OTOpenTable DinervipNew York / Tri-State Area •5 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoGreat food and service. Love the one in SB and this has the same charm and steakhouse classics.More infoLucky's - MalibuPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Malibu•4.8
- LTLeonardTSan Francisco Bay Area •2 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoOne of our favorite dining locations in So. Cal especially, Malibu! Dining literally on the water. The views are truly epic! The food is incredible, and the service is impeccable! The overall hospitality from start to finish is next level. Have had several birthdays, Valentine's Day, and now Thanskgiving dinners here. It's so peaceful. The food is 5 star dining. This is not a place just to eat, but a location to experience. Yesterday for Thanksgiving, we ran almost an hour behind, yet the manager was able to accommodate us outside eventhough the restaurant was completely booked. Truly impressed! Everything was just so perfect! Thanks for beautiful memories! ❤️🙏🏽🙋🏽♂️More infoCarbon Beach Club Restaurant (The Dining Room) @ Malibu Beach InnPrice: Very Expensive• Californian• Malibu•4.7
- KHKristenHLos Angeles •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023I don’t typically leave reviews, but after last night’s experience, I couldn’t resist. From the ambience to the service, Moonshadows was an absolute delight. Leigh and Charles were everything and the seating directly next to the ocean with the heat lamp?? Chef’s kiss. It was a beautiful night out and such a romantic evening for two. I would highly recommend the free range chicken dish as the sauce is to die for. If you’re looking for a place for a romantic date night, look no further. Can’t wait to come back!More infoMoonshadowsPrice: Expensive• American• Malibu•4.6
- NNikevipLos Angeles •14 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023This was a first-time visit to Duke’s Malibu, and the experience was phenomenal. A delectable menu and fabulous ocean views, along with the attentive and friendly staff. Will definitely visit again in the near future.More infoDuke's MalibuPrice: Moderate• Hawaii Regional Cuisine• Malibu•4.6
- IDIraDCalifornia Central Coast •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Great service great menu great ambience we would definitely advise people to go here and enjoy we will be backMore infoGeoffrey's RestaurantPrice: Very Expensive• Californian• Malibu•4.5
Some of East LA’s best restaurants are popping up for one night only on the Westside
Los Angeles Westsiders can look forward to a taste of East LA without braving the 405.
3 reasons to try Jordan Kahn’s casual new lounge at Meteora in LA
The Tulum-inspired LA restaurant recently debuted a new lounge with exciting snacks and cocktails.
Driving down the Pacific Coast Highway and into the ‘Bu, you'll see wooden, ocean-weathered restaurants start to come into view. As surfers and spear fishers weave through the luxury cars zooming across the highway, the ocean-centered yet high-class vibe of Malibu, California, emerges. In this famous oceanfront town, you can hit up casual restaurants that serve amazing West Coast seafood. You'll be able to eat delicious fried calamari and grilled fish fillets while literally wiggling your toes in the sand. If you are more in the mood to dress up and enjoy food made by world-renowned chefs, head to inland restaurants to enjoy some high-class sushi and sashimi. Celebrities are known to frequent these establishments, so you never know who you'll run into while sampling tempura and California rolls.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Malibu is Geoffrey's Restaurant
- Leo Carrillo State Beach
- El Pescador State Beach
- El Matador Beach
- Surfrider Beach
- Malibu Equestrian Park
- Charmlee County Park
- Corral State Beach
- Malibu Lagoon Museum
- Leo Carrillo State Park And Beach
- Malibu Trading Station
- Tapia Park
- Zuma Beach County Park
- La Piedra State Beach
- Cold Creek Canyon Preserve
- Leo Carrillo State Park
- Point Dume State Beach
- Topanga State Beach
- Trancas Market Shopping Center
- Eddy D Field Baseball Stadium
- Malibu Pier