Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
You’ll often find my wife and kids in the restaurant, continuing the culinary legacy of our Italian family. We welcome you with open arms and hope you’ll join us to experience our restaurant.
Chef Andrew Kirschner has transformed his kitchen into a local and welcoming home, focused on the element of the wood fired oven to bring out the best flavor in our dishes. Coming straight from the visionary mind of our award winning chef, our menu is created with only the highest quality ingredients and fresh, local products. This attention to detail helps makes our food a perfected craft which will inspire you to be adventurous, in the most approachable and delicious way possible.
When you step into Tar & Roses, you'll feel like you are coming home. Our entire staff awaits your arrival with warm smiles and thoughtful service ~ please, come share a meal with us!
Vito is proud to offer customers an outdoor dining experience that follows all local and national guidelines for safety and cleanliness. We've taken every measure to make your experience enjoyable, safe, and of course, as delicious as always. Come experience it for yourself, nightly starting at 5pm.
Ye Olde Kings Head in Santa Monica provides patrons with the look and feel of Britain right in California. It has something that will appeal to everyone and offers a traditional British Breakfast and British favorites such as Fish & Chips, Bangers and Mash and Shepherd’s pie, along with some healthier options, Salads, Curries and Vegetarian dishes. Come taste Britain in the heart of Santa Monica.
The café takes reservations for 2-12 guest. Reservations are available one month in advance. To accommodate our reservations in a timely and orderly manner, the café has carefully designed time frames in which to dine. The café designates 25% of the restaurant for reservations, 75% is available for walkup service.
For reservations of 12 or more guest, please contact the restaurant directly. We don't take multiple group reservations. Please note that large group reservations requires a customizable menu.
In consideration of all guest, we kindly remind you that tables are reserved for 1.5 hours.
We take a maximum of two credit cards payment per table.
**DINNER RESERVATIONS ARE FOR DINING ONLY. Drinks would be accommodated upon first come first serve at the bar area. Private Couch Alcoves are available with a rental and minimum spend*******
Serving Mediterranean and Californian cuisine with a view. Located atop the Santa Monica Proper, our on an elevated rooftop and mid-level garden terrace provide an inspiring atmosphere with Santa Monica and the ocean as a backdrop. Whether from the pool sundeck, circular bar, views are best enjoyed with dinner, boutique wines, seasonal cocktails and small-batch spirits.
Reservations are highly encouraged. All members of the party must be present before seating.
Did you know that you can use Lettuce gift cards for carryout and delivery? Just place your order through Lettuce website, the LettuceEats app or any Lettuce restaurant website.
Upper West's ever-changing menu draws inspiration from around the world while maintaining eclectic flavors unique to them. The bar offers Happy Hour Wednesday-Sunday from 4:30-7:00pm serving refreshing craft cocktails, handcrafted beer. The dinner menu is always evolving and includes ingredients sourced locally from the Santa Monica Farmers Market as well as local farmers such as Weiser Farms and Niman Ranch. Upper West is the perfect place to book large events for 20 or more guests and is an excellent private party venue for hosting corporate events, birthdays, anniversaries, holiday festivities, rehearsal dinners, and more.
- OTOpenTable DinervipLos Angeles •34 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoWe came here on a Saturday evening and it was so cute! They did a great job decorating for the holidays. The food was fantastic and were able to make mocktails. The service was a little slow, but overall, a really fun restaurant! We left around 8pm which is when the resident dj was starting to play.More infoLoulou Rooftop Restaurant and LoungePrice: Expensive• French• Santa Monica•4.3
- ZzengeminivipDenver / Colorado •45 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoMy spouse & I met our son and his girlfriend for dinner while we were in town. What an amazing experience! The wait staff was kind, knowledgeable, attentive, but not smothering, he had fantastic wine recs, based off of my husband’s horrible description of what he likes, he told us what dishes couldn’t be missed (he was spot on about the octopus skewers and the beet dish), and when he hesitated to pick a favorite dessert, we ordered all 3, because he had been such an incredible guide all evening, we figured we needed to try them all. Again, he wasn’t wrong. My son loved the strawberry tart, I loved the sticky toffee pudding, everyone loved the chocolate bar. While I love to try new places when I’m traveling, Tar & Roses will definitely be the place we return to when we are in town. And, if you’re staying at Shutters on the Beach, and you’re comfortable in urban environments, it is a very easy walk, so you don’t have to stress about cancelled Ubers or parking.More infoTar & RosesPrice: Expensive• American• Santa Monica•4.9
- ZRZubairRAtlanta Metro •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Great food, great service! Loved the place! Would def recommend the aged porterhouse!!More infoMeat On OceanPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Santa Monica•4.6
- KBKathleenBvipLos Angeles •34 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Francisco was an outstanding chef! We’ve probably eaten at Benihana 50 times or more and he was the best chef we’ve had. On the negative side - it’s always a drag to show up to a reservation on time and have to wait 30 minutes + to be seated … the host desk could do better to seat reservations in a timely fashion.More infoBenihana - Santa Monica, CAPrice: Moderate• Japanese• Santa Monica•4.2
- MWMonicaWLos Angeles •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Excellent food Huge portions (the breakfasts were big)More infoMassiliaPrice: Expensive• French• Santa Monica•4.4
Here’s who made the Los Angeles Times’s 101 Best Restaurants list
From super-casual spots to high-end restaurants, here are the Los Angeles Times’s hotly anticipated favorites for 2023.
6 Los Angeles restaurants that deck the halls for the holidays
These Los Angeles restaurants have carolers, nutcrackers, live music, and so much more to get you into the festive spirit.
Discover Santa Monica
It is hard to pass up a stroll at any time of the day or night in Santa Monica, California. With the beautiful view of the ocean and the range of dining options to choose from, you're sure to have an unforgettable day. Third Street Promenade is a top choice for visitors. Those who wander through Santa Monica regularly will know that one of the most common cuisine options is Mexican. However, the neighborhood is also home to comfort food and Asian restaurants, and it does not stop there. From bar food to vegan-friendly, Santa Monica has it all and will keep you coming back for more. The one thing you might regret after eating in Santa Monica? Not saving your leftovers.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Santa Monica is Orto Santa Monica
- City Garage Theatre
- International Chess Park
- Aqua at Santa Monica Beach
- Santa Monica Motel
- Oceana Beach Club Hotel
- Corporate Suites in Los Angeles Beaches Area
- Broadway Park
- Santa Monica Place Shopping Center
- Pacific Park
- Beach Glass Studio on Beach
- Santa Monica Pier Aquarium
- Santa Monica Pier
- Huntley Santa Monica Beach
- Santa Monica State Beach
- Stoner Recreation Center
- In Joy Bed & Breakfast
- Wyndham Santa Monica At The Pier
- Ocean Park Plaza Shopping Center
- Carousel Park
- Ocean Avenue