Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
At Oxbow, we want you to indulge in the art of good food. We choose to play with our menu, bending traditional cuisine and featuring a rotating chefs tasting menu with the option to enhance your experience with pairings curated to compliment each course. Join us for a pre theatre cocktail, a glass of wine with bites for the table or an elevated meal with creative courses for every palate. So stay for a little, stay for a while.
1) We only serve ranch specific Alberta Beef. That means we don’t serve beef from anywhere else on the planet. We know our farmers and ranchers personally and respect the hard work they put into produce our beef. We like our beef to be, hormone & antibiotic free and pasture raised. Happy cattle make for better steaks.
2) We are one of just a handful of steakhouses in Canada that serves, Grass-fed, Grain-fed, Wet-aged, Dry-aged and Wagyu beef 365 days a year. Our beef is always fresh never frozen.
3) We use an 1800o Infrared Grill to cook your steaks. Our grill stays at very consistent high heat versus a traditional open flame grill. The high heat creates a flavourful crust on outside of the steak and leaves a juicy centre.
4) Our décor is warm and modern. The tradition has always been dark wood, leathers and a muted palate for a steakhouse. We broke the mold and decided to add hand selected music that reflects us!
All our seafood is delivered to our kitchen daily by the best suppliers and only the absolute freshest, exceptional quality fish and shellfish are to be selected. Line-caught, trap caught or sustainably farmed in Canada is our goal and commitment. We only want to procure and serve responsibly sourced seafood without compromising our ocean habitat.
We feature 24 rotating beer taps with 2-3 new beers tapping a week, and a menu that focuses on North American Cuisine — think a sophisticated twist on traditional Canadian comfort foods. We always pride ourselves on making all of our dishes in house from scratch, using the best local producers and farmers as much as possible.
Our mission is “Eat - Drink - Be Local! We aim to connect our community with local craft beer & breweries through fun experiences and fresh food.” We believe that every person that joins our team and every guest that walks through the doors becomes part of our family as we grow and evolve.
- DFDinnerForFourvipCalgary / Southern Alberta •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoThe food, sake and service were AMAZING!! Great value. I can’t wait to go back for my next meal.More infoSatsukiPrice: Expensive• Japanese• Calgary•4.9
- OTOpenTable DinerCalgary / Southern Alberta •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoFood and service was excellent. Mike, our server, was also fantastic.More infoPulcinellaPrice: Moderate• Italian• Kensington•4.5
- LGLindaGCalgary / Southern Alberta •28 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoWe we t to aFrench themed dinner here. Food was beyond amazing abd our server was really quick and was alot of fun. He picked the beer I asked fir and the taste was close to what Im used too. Job well done and so yummy.More infoFREE HOUSE | Local Beer & Food HallPrice: Moderate• Contemporary Canadian• Kensington•4.4
- OTOpenTable DinerCalgary / Southern Alberta •1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoI will be honest, my wife and I rarely leave reviews. But like any one else we will base our decision solely on them. We decided to go for the 5 Course Chef's tasting Adventure. Oh Dear God was it wonderful. The dining experience was an extraordinary celebration of flavors, where every dish showcased the chef's impeccable culinary skills. Food doesn't have to be crazy fancy to be delicious. Despite a busy restaurant ,Chef even came out to greet us and every table to make sure everyone enjoyed their Dinners. Kudos to her. Must be really hard to execute a busy service. The service was impeccable, with a team of attentive and knowledgeable staff who anticipated every need and ensured a seamless dining experience. From the moment I entered the restaurant to the final farewell, their warm hospitality and impeccable timing enhanced the overall enjoyment of the evening. On a different note, We sat next to a table I can Only assume was the last guy that left a review. My wife and I couldn't help but to notice how him and his wife was so arrogant to the waiters. Doesn't matter how much money one spend as he mentioned, they were very obnoxious and unpleasant. Sad to say that we live in world full of ungrateful People like that, I really can't tolerate this kind of behavior. The Holiday spirit should be about kindness and generosity. So next time you go out to a nice restaurant, take the time to appreciate the moment. Merry ChristmasMore infoThe Continental Restaurant YYCPrice: Expensive• French• Calgary•4.7
- AGAndyGMontreal / Quebec •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Best mix of all the foos one's like. Buxton brown ale and the stout to start. Shortly, food arrives on a platter : corn bread fresh as new, fried pickles perfectly crispy, let's not talk about the brisket chili cause you might have it to understand, green beans - never enough of these spiked veggies and, of course, THE brisket. To try with all three sauces, our favorite, the Espresso one, surprising, again, can't explain, must taste. You MUST fo for a visit. We must go back for the 225$ once of whiskey when we got the money...THE END. Lovely. To try.More infoHayden Block Smoke & WhiskeyPrice: Moderate• Barbecue• Calgary•4.7
Calgary's Award-winning Restaurants
Discover award winning restaurants in Calgary.
These Are the 14 Best Calgary Restaurants for Celebrating Special Occasions
Even though the COVID-19 pandemic has altered how we celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and other special occasions, most of us are still inclined to mark milestones with some kind of food. Some people are choosing to gather at home with a lavish take-out spread ordered from a favorite restaurant, while others are getting together with small groups of close friends or family to savor a good restaurant meal. Calgary is full of restaurants ideal for celebrating life’s special occasions, whether you’re looking for a luxurious multi-course tasting menu or beers over a fully loaded pizza. While the pandemic has limited how many revelers can come to the table, most of the city’s celebratory restaurants are open for business and ready to help diners feel like they’re escaping the weight of the world, even for a couple of hours or so. These Calgary restaurants are all worthy of hosting small celebrations.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Kensington is MODERN STEAK - Kensington