Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
We offer Java Dog organic coffee, craft beers, and fine wines you won’t find anywhere else. Relax and taste our large selection of French single estate and organic wines - crafted with passion by human hands. Our quiet spaces are perfect for a mid-day lunch meeting or the ideal place to celebrate your special occasion.
over the world, including from the New York Times, which write that Selva is “serving possibly the best food in Sarasota,”
and that “everything on the menu is worth trying.”
Mauro is from Naples, Tina was born in a little sicilian town near by Enna.
He began to learn everything about the southern cuisine by his experience in Naples since he was a child, from “Polipetti alla Luciana” to “Paccheri ai frutti di mare”. Furthermore he moved in Milan and he had the chance to learn the northern cuisine, from “Risotto ai funghi porcini” to “Polenta grigliata”, one of his favourite specialties!
From an ancient sicilian tradition, Tina learnt everything about the desserts by her grandmother and her mother, from “Millefoglie” to “Cannoli cake”.
We hope you enjoyed reading about us. but it would be great if you would have the chance to taste our fantastic dishes! It will be an amazing experience with no
Some of the specialities Dolce Italia has become famous for are the Napoletan Eggplant- a tender sautee eggplant with fresh tomatoes crowned with ricotte, the Trenne Dolce Italia- the signature pasta dish with creamy tomato sauce, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and mushroom.
It is with great pleasure and 20 years of traveling that we bring you our interpretation and flair of the American gusto to traditional European dishes. We offer something for everyone and we invite you to explore your palette and indulge in our fresh ingredients and attention to detail and cleanliness. Whether joining us for date night or celebrating with people you love spending time for dinner, stopping in for our glass wine selection and a burger at the bar an exquisite experience awaits you.
Sarasota is our third location and we are so excited to be here. If you're in Anna Maria Island and/or your find yourself in upsate New York (Bolton Landing on Lake George, NY) stop by and visit us we would love to see you.
Downtown Sarasota American Bistro serving traditional and contemporary dishes with an emphasis on healthy options. Savor made-from-scratch selections for breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared with fresh ingredients from regional farms.
We are the Zappaterreno Family and for more than 20 years we’ve owned, operated and crafted fresh comfort food our restaurant, Agriturismo La Mucca Ballerina in Rome, Italy. Chef Mario Zappaterreno and family's latest outpost.
At an early age, Chef Mario learned from his grandmother that the true Italian dining experience is more than just the food, it’s the combination of a welcoming environment where fresh homemade pasta and mozzarella, hand-picked vegetables and the right seasoning ingredients welcomes friends with open arms. Our Italian farmhouse style in downtown Sarasota is a true taste of Rome! Transport yourself to a agriturismo villa in Rome for the evening and enjoy the warm atmosphere and welcoming service + truly authentic cuisine.
For this simple formula of creating the fresh and flavorful food we loved growing up, our restaurant in Rome is successful... and to which I know bring to our new home in Sarasota.
- OTOpenTable DinerPhoenix / Arizona •9 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoIt’s a nice quaint little restaurant. The food was excellent. Our waiter was very good with answering questions and he knew the menu very well. As it got busier, it was super loud to the point we could barely hear the people at our table. That’s my only complaint and they can’t do anything about that I suppose. Regardless, we will be back for more delicious food!More infoFlavio Downtown SarasotaPrice: Moderate• Italian• Sarasota•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerNew York / Tri-State Area •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoWe recently dined at this incredible restaurant, and it exceeded all expectations. The ambiance was inviting, the service impeccable, and the menu offered a delightful array of flavors. Each dish showcased a perfect balance of creativity and quality ingredients, leaving us thoroughly impressed. From the appetizers to the desserts, every bite was a culinary delight. This restaurant truly sets a high standard for an exceptional dining experience. We can't wait to return and savor more of their remarkable offerings!More infoIndigenousPrice: Expensive• American• Sarasota•4.8
- KPKellyPColumbus •4 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoOverall a wonderful experience. They have a lovely patio area to eat although we ate inside. The service was awesome. The food was amazing. The only reason I didn't give a 5 star was because of the sliders being a let down. Everything else we tried had so much wonderful Mediterranean flavors. We were expecting the same from the sliders. The buns were too thick and heavy. Then it had a tomato and a small scoop of tzatziki. If they perfect those, 5 star!More info1592 Wood Fired KitchenPrice: Moderate• Mediterranean• Sarasota•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinervipTampa / Central Florida West •5 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Excellent food!! I can tell that a lot of love went into preparing these meals!! We can’t believe that this was our first time visiting this restaurant. We will definitely be back soon!!More infoMediterraneo Ristorante ItalianoPrice: Expensive• Italian• Sarasota•4.8
- SGSusanGTampa / Central Florida West •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Pleasantly surprised! We were celebrating my daughters first child and the new year! The food was outstanding. Everything was fresh and yummy.More infoMADEPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Sarasota•4.6
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Tampa
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Top Hispanic Owned and Operated Restaurants in the U.S.
September 15th to October 15th brings the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, a time that honors the cultures of people whose ancestors came from Central and South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain. A big part of the cultural heritage that many Latinx people share in this country is food. To honor National Hispanic Heritage Month, below find Hispanic-owned and -operated across the U.S.
There are two times of year that define life in the Sarasota area: peak and off seasons. Population numbers may spike by about 20 percent in the peak season, and the change is evident as commercial activity ramps up. The local dining scene is especially susceptible to the changing seasons. Peak season is the best time to sample the diverse cuisine, which ranges from soul food at hole-in-the-wall diners to fusion menus in hip bistros. There are also plenty of fine dining options at white-tablecloth restaurants. Sip on a good wine while enjoying fresh cheeses or stop by the local pub to sample one of 50 different beers and chow down on thin-crust pizza. You're sure to get your fill of fresh seafood in this Florida town, or maybe you prefer vegetarian dishes featuring super foods like quinoa, goji berries, and sweet potatoes.
Frequently asked questions
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Sarasota Lakewood Ranch
- Siesta Dunes 38A by Vacation Rental Pros
- Island House Beach Resort 11S
- Circus Sarasota Big Top
- Big Cat Habitat And Gulf Coast Sanctuary
- Gillespie Park
- The John And Mable Ringling Museum of Art
- Gulfcoast Wonder Imagination Zone
- Sunbird Place Shopping Center
- Marina Jack Restaurant And Marina
- Rolling Green Golf Club
- Island House Beach Resort 7N
- Sarasota Jungle Garde
- Bee Ridge Square
- Bay Isles Shopping Center
- Sarasota International Convention Center
- Island House Beach Resort 11
- Siesta Key Public Beach
- Sarasota Commons Shopping Center
- The Landing Shopping Center