- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined 5 days agoFood was excellent!! Bit pricey but willing to pay for the excellent taste! Everything from appetizers to the Ribeye was all delicious!! Will definitely be back!More infoRuthie's Steak & Seafood at Walker's Bluff Casino ResortPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Cambria•4.6
- DDDennisDChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined 5 days agoI made this reservation for my son, daughter & son-in-law who were home at Thanksgiving. One was having a birthday on 11/26 & my two was on 12/6. Since they were all turning 40, I thought it’d be a nice treat. When I made the reservation, I included that 3 of the 4 were celebrating a 40th birthday. When they got home, I was very disappointed to find out nothing was done for them. Why ask if you are celebrating anything when you make the reservation if you don’t follow through on it.More info20'S HIDEOUT STEAKHOUSE & BARPrice: Expensive• Steak• Marion•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •2 reviews4.0Dined 7 days agoGreat food. Server was tentative. My party was seated immediately.More infoRed Lobster - Marion - Deyoung St.Price: Moderate• Seafood• Marion•4.5
- OTOpenTable Diner1 review5.0Dined on Jul 28, 2023Very nice staff. Gave us nice private table. Enjoyed birthday celebrationMore infoChevys Fresh Mex - O'FallonPrice: Moderate• Mexican• Fairview Heights•3.8
- OTOpenTable DinervipChicago / Illinois •2 reviews5.0Dined on Feb 12, 2022Had a great timeMore infoBuffalo Wild Wings - O'Fallon IllinoisPrice: Moderate• American• Fairview Heights•2.9
Chicago’s 9 most exciting restaurant debuts of 2023
Chicago’s most thrilling restaurant debuts of the year include a nationally acclaimed South Indian spot and a Ukrainian spot from a James Beard Award-winning duo.
These are Chicago’s MICHELIN Bib Gourmand restaurants for 2023
Grab a table at these restaurants to give them a high five: they’re the 2023 MICHELIN Bib Gourmand restaurants for Chicago.
10 special occasion-worthy restaurants in Chicago
Chicagoans know that special-occasion meals come in all shapes and sizes. And even though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party here. These Windy City restaurants transform a regular Saturday (or Monday or Tuesday) night into an unforgettable evening. Read on for a guide to the 10 best places in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
6 new restaurants making a splash in Chicago right now
Chicago’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
Thanks to its proximity to Crab Orchard National Wildlife Preserve, Carterville is a haven for nature lovers. Food lovers won't find anything to complain about, either, as this Illinois city has everything from fast food to upscale American fare. The area has a number of beloved pizzerias where locals go to grab a slice or a meatball sub. Chinese buffets offer Carterville diners tasty international cuisine, and Mexican restaurants serve authentic tacos. Southern comfort food is easy to find as well; Carterville has old-fashioned country restaurants and tasty barbecue joints. For a lunchtime treat, head to one of Carterville's diners that serve savory burgers with all the fixings. To satisfy dessert cravings, try one of Carterville's ice cream parlors.