Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Welcome to Balmoral Restaurant. Grand Scottish Fare as you’ve never experienced before.
Lush, dark Scottish wood tones greet you upon entering Balmoral Restaurant. A deep-set coffered ceiling hides recessed lighting, designed to light your table elegantly, providing just the right mood. Scottish designs surround you, from the tartan carpet, to wrought iron fixtures, to the swords and shields of lore, to wall murals that evoke the placid Scottish countryside. At Balmoral, we bring the incomparable splendor of Scotland to you.
The ORIGINAL La ZaZa Trattoria is featured in the Chicago Sun Times and the Kane County Chronicle. It has a sizable bar that serves an array of libations, including international wine and beer selections. This eatery has an outdoor patio for guests to enjoy the weather during the summer months. Banquet and Catering services are also available.
Known for Fish n’ Chips, Corned Beef & Cabbage and Bangers & Mash, McNally's is also the perfect place in town to get a pint of Guinness and amazing Irish Whiskeys. If you are looking for true authentic food and a traditional atmosphere, McNally’s is a must stop.
The trolley came from South Elgin and traveled along the east side of the river, through the St. Charles Country Club and along Route 25. From Main Street, it went west, crossed over the bridge, and turned south on 3rd Street to go to Geneva.
It was at this last turn that conductors would stop the trolley and allow passengers to disembark for a quick drink to warm up during the winter months. Welcome back to Whiskey Bend.
Most evenings we feature live entertainment. If you should choose to stay for our entertainment, the fees will be collected at your table.
Looking to host a party? Our private dining room adjacent to the brew house is certain to bring together small to medium sized private events in a vibrant sit down or cocktail environment.
While our beer is certainly the front man of this band, the supporting musicians are excellent players! A full-service kitchen, wine and spirit program allows not just beer lovers but all to enjoy our carefully curated offerings. Whether you come for the beer, food, wine or spirits we know you’ll stay and come back because of the great times you’ll have.
- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoWe had 2 reservations (due to table sizes- we had a party of 15 total). The Arcada reached out and consolidated ahead of time. Our waitress Britany was in contact with me via text to make sure that we everything was set ahead of time. For dinner, she was spot on with our drink and food orders and was so nice, despite our food allergies and large size group. It was an AMAZING night! Thank you so much, Brittany!!!More infoClub Arcada 1920s SpeakeasyPrice: Expensive• Italian• St. Charles•4.6
- BHBillHvipChicago / Illinois •2 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoThe creative food, service, and atmosphere are exceptional. Great location and free parking in the city garage behind it. The owner is always there to greet you when you arrive and much of the staff has been there for years. Our favorite restaurant that we have patronized for 20 years. Highly recommended. BHMore infoLa ZaZa Trattoria - St. CharlesPrice: Expensive• Italian• St. Charles•4.8
- EEllieChicago / Illinois •4 reviews4.0Dined 3 days agoFun atmosphere, food very good, go early if noise concerns you but we thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant.More infoMcNally's PubPrice: Expensive• Irish• St. Charles•4.6
- JJeffvipChicago / Illinois •19 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoGood food, comfortable environment and pleasant service. Definitely recommend a visit for your next Italian culinary itch!More infoMio ModoPrice: Moderate• Italian• St. Charles•4.7
- BBendChicago / Illinois •3 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 20, 2023Amazing place. Does not have a gluten free menu, but lots of gf options and very knowledgeable about gluten. Food and service was perfect. Can’t wait to go go again!More infoWhiskey BendPrice: Moderate• Gastro Pub• St. Charles•4.6
Chicago’s 9 hottest restaurant openings of 2023
Chicago’s most thrilling restaurant debuts of the year include a nationally acclaimed South Indian spot and a Ukrainian spot from a James Beard Award-winning duo.
4 freewheeling, fun restaurant trends that emerged in 2023
Maximalism, a bigger focus on the bar, transportive meals, and other restaurant trends to know from the year gone by.
10 special occasion-worthy restaurants in Chicago
Chicagoans know that special-occasion meals come in all shapes and sizes. And even though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party here. These Windy City restaurants transform a regular Saturday (or Monday or Tuesday) night into an unforgettable evening. Read on for a guide to the 10 best places in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
6 new restaurants making a splash in Chicago right now
Chicago’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
Discover St. Charles
Located about 35 miles west of Chicago, St. Charles is a charming town that rests on the banks of the Fox River. Thanks to a large downtown area with dozens of shops and restaurants, you can find just about anything you're looking for. You'll have your pick of newer trendy fusion restaurants and bars or, if you're more of a traditionalist, family-owned pubs with five-star classic meals like burgers and fries, Buffalo wings and giant club sandwiches. There a few hidden gems tucked away as well, such as seafood joints with delectable oysters and tapas bars with amazing sangria.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in St. Charles is La Mesa Modern Mexican
- Katz Park
- Reed Keppler Park
- Norris Recreation Center
- Sycamore Golf Course
- Langum Park
- Burlington Prairie Nature Preserve
- Geneva Motel Inn
- Delnor Woods Park
- Mccormack Park
- Country Inn & Suites St. Charles
- Hilton Garden Inn Saint Charles
- Long Grove Forest Preserve
- Leroy Oakes Nature Preserve
- Timbers Park
- Baker Park
- Oliver Square Shopping Center
- P A Nehring Forest Preserve
- Hunt Club Park
- Fox Chase Park
- Charlestowne Mall Shopping Center