Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Our Private Dining Rooms-located in the Wine Cellar, along with the Pierpont's Belvedere Room on the 2nd floor overlooking Grand Hall, offer more intimate settings for groups of 6 to 60. They are perfect for business or entertaining guests and each room is individually decorated, offering an exceptional place to celebrate a special occasion, close the deal, or have a gathering with friends.
Jack Stack Barbecue originated in Kansas City in 1957, by Russ Fiorella in a traditional storefront barbecue, with a modest selection of 5 or 6 items. Jack Fiorella, the eldest son, worked with his father until 1974 when he decided to branch off and start Fiorella's Jack Stack of Martin City.
To stand out in the competitive KC barbecue scene of the mid 1970's, Jack and Delores, began cooking with Gourmet Hickory Wood and created the most extensive barbecue menu in the country. The menu included Certified Angus Beef steaks, tender chicken, award-winning lamb ribs, and mouth-watering sides like Hickory Pit Beans and Cheesy Corn Bake.
Named for another Crossroads O.G. and pal of Pendergast, Johnny Lazia, our dinner-only restaurant sits at the Crossroads of Italian culinary inspiration and the farms and fields of the Heartland in the Midwest.
We are currently open Wednesday-Sunday from 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Valet Parking for LAZIA GUESTS: $9
Lazia is happy to accommodate most dietary restrictions. However, we will not be able to accommodate requests regarding severe gluten allergies or celiac disease.
Every day Lidia's offers a sampling of seasonal, daily-made pastas. We also feature many seafood, chicken, pork, and beef options. We are happy to accommodate your dietary needs including gluten-free items.
Lidia's is located in the historic Freighthouse-- a beautiful 19th century building. The stunning decor includes three hand-blown chandeliers, a three-story slate fireplace, and cozy, New York style seating.
Please note: Separate billing for parties of 6 or more is not allowed. Maximum of 3 cards per transaction.
- CAClaireAWisconsin •2 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoThis was such a fun night out with friends in an intimate, welcoming, and overall joyful environment! The drinks were incredible and the staff was so friendly. If you are lucky enough to snag a reservation this is a must-do evening during the holidays in Kansas City!More infoConductor ClubPrice: Expensive• Cocktail Bar• E. Kansas City•4.9
- OTOpenTable DinerSan Francisco Bay Area •4 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoExperience was great with the exception of the bar tender constantly throwing bottles into the trash. I specifically ask the waitress to ask the bar tender to stop doing that as it was so distracting. Every time they did it we jumped!More infoPierpont's at Union StationPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Crossroads / Freight District / Boulevard•4.8
- MAMaryAKansas City / Kansas •5 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoOur daughter and son in law recommended Lazia to us. We were not disappointed!! The food was amazing,and the service was fantastic. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. The bartender made sure to check with me about ingredients in the martini I ordered. That’s service!! Cannot wait to go back!More infoLaziaPrice: Expensive• Contemporary Italian• Crossroads / Freight District / Boulevard•4.7
- JJonzette75Philadelphia / New Jersey Suburbs •6 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoWe’ve been wanting to try Lidia’s since our daughter moved to KC several months ago and finally scored a reservation during on of our visits! The restaurant to beautiful inside! Our service was excellent from beginning to end and the food was delicious. We all got the pasta tasting trio, and there were plenty of offers of refills as we ate. It’s a great value and the selections that night were a turkey and spinach ravioli, cavatappi bolognese, and homemade fettuccini with pesto. All were delicious. We also enjoyed the arancini and fritto misto as starters. Those portions were also generous and came out quickly. I highly recommend Lidias, it was a lovely night out while visiting our daughter!More infoLidia's RestaurantPrice: Expensive• Italian• Crossroads / Freight District / Boulevard•4.7
- CHChadHPhiladelphia / New Jersey Suburbs •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023This restaurant is one that anyone visiting KC should try. Try it once and you'll want to visit it every time you go back to KC. If I was a resident of KC, I'd be there frequently, even to just have a great European beer at the bar. The owner (is it more than one? I just met the nice lady) is wonderful and the front of house are very helpful and professional. Get the strudel for dessert and order extra red cabbage for taking home. Find something to put it on or just eat it as a late night snack. Trust me.More infoGrünauerPrice: Expensive• Austrian• Crossroads / Freight District / Boulevard•4.9
You can enjoy exquisite art studios, smooth jazz tunes, street performers and just about every kind of food imaginable in Kansas City's Crossroads arts district. This trendy neighborhood buzzes with tempting tastes and brisk beverages. Grab a street taco from a chuckwagon food truck or sip a handcrafted brew before heading to a gallery. Hop on a streetcar from the avant-garde areas that lie between the Crossroads and the Freight District before checking out a pop-up party and grabbing some tapas. Play some retro video games at a local lounge that also offers hip cocktails. If you're a night owl, you can find live music into the wee hours along with bars and bistros.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Crossroads / Freight District / Boulevard is Lidia's Restaurant
- Legoland R Discovery Center
- Residence Inn Kansas City Downtown/Union Hill
- National World War I Museum At Liberty Memorial
- American Jazz Museum
- Baseball Diamond
- Montgall Playground
- Negro Leagues Baseball Museum
- World War Ii Memorial
- Liberty Memorial
- 18th And Vine District
- Linwood Shopping Center
- Crown Center
- Central Park
- Sea Life
- Crews Square
- Penn Valley Park
- Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
- Black Archives of Mid America
- Ashland Square