- RBRickBvipMississippi •6 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoWonderful food and service !!!! I truly recommend.More infoMilano$$$$Price: Expensive• Contemporary Italian• Houma•3.9
- CcoreydNew Orleans / Louisiana •2 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoChristiano is by far the best restaurant in Houma and is in my top 3 to 5 restaurants with New Orleans in the mix. The carpaccio is the best I’ve ever had, and I get it at every restaurant that has it. The pasta dishes, steaks, sides, drinks, and service are all top notch.More infoCristiano Ristorante$$$$Price: Expensive• Italian• Houma•4.9
- KDKathyDWashington, D.C. Area •10 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoWhat a wonderful experience. Everything was top rate. We loved our server, Terrence. The endive and chicory salad appetizer exceeded our expectations; it was scrumptious, and so beautifully presented. Entrees - Filet for my wife, blackened redfish for me - were good, but I wouldn’t say spectacular Bananas Foster were delicious, as expected. The bill was more than twice what we normally spend at dinner. But that was expected. All in all, a great experience.More infoBrennan's$$$$Price: Expensive• Creole• French Quarter•4.7
- LLisacBaton Rouge / Lafayette •1 review5.0Dined on Aug 3, 2023Celebrated my Step Dads Birthday with family! Everything was awesome! Remember-Everyone must be there to be seated !More infoOsaka Japanese Cuisine Houma - HIBACHI TABLES$$$$Price: Moderate• Japanese (Hibachi)• Houma•5
- HWHeatherWNew Orleans / Louisiana •2 reviews4.0Dined on Mar 16, 2023We are huge fans of Osaka and chose this venue for a special event. Our cook rushed the entire meal, and our food was burned because he was such in a hurry to cut up with other guests (he didn't do ANY of the fun little "show" with us. The waitresses and hostess staff were amazing as always!! I am just upset and wish that since I drove 10 hrs, things would have been better.More infoOsaka Japanese Cuisine - DINE IN$$$$Price: Moderate• Japanese• Houma•4
12 romantic restaurants ideal for date night in New Orleans
New Orleans knows how to treat its couples, whether that means a plush hotel lounge or a cozy family-owned favorite. For a chic first date, there’s a bar that pours 30 wines on tap. Anniversaries get an Amalfi Coast-inspired escape in a suave hotel. AI-powered art dials up the wow factor at an ultra-modern steakhouse. This guide pairs New Orleans restaurants with romantic occasions from first dates all the way to milestone anniversaries. These are New Orleans’s 12 best date-night restaurants.
12 stellar special-occasion restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleanians mark time by food seasons, not calendar flips. The hottest months belong to frozen daiquiris and technicolor snoballs. Spring brings families and friends together over spicy spreads of boiled crawfish. Carnival season is all about sweet and savory king cakes. In other words, in a city that puts food at the center of its life—and not just the center of the table—eating and drinking is always a special occasion. When it comes to celebrating a birthday, graduation, or just feeling alive in the Big Easy, the stage is set with buckets of seafood, cocktails in James Beard Award-winning bars, and grand dining rooms that have hosted generations of milestone events. Read on for a guide to the 12 best restaurants to book across New Orleans to get the party started.
The best places to grab a drink in New Orleans
New Orleans’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
These 10 New Orleans restaurants nail outdoor dining
New Orleans’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
14 restaurants vital to New Orleans
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of New Orleans dining right now.
4 Must-Book Restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants are the beating heart of this festive city, and to say they’ve had a tough few years would be putting it mildly. The good news is that hospitality is calling again, and nobody does it better than the restaurateurs, chefs, servers, and bartenders that call the Big Easy home. Superior service continues to set New Orleans’s restaurant scene apart. Among the standouts, there’s a brand-new izakaya helmed by a meticulous executive chef who spent time in Japan and a Mid-City tapas bar that churns out a one-of-its-kind, afterhours brunch for the midnight munchies. Book one, book all, and be warmly welcomed at these four new restaurants, representing the best of New Orleans right now.
Houma sits where the coast of Louisiana meets the waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Its location allows restaurants in the area to bring regional recipes to life for locals and visitors. Shrimp, oysters and crawfish gathered from the wetlands and gulf near Houma flavor éttoufée, gumbo and jambalaya featured at many area restaurants. Other examples of Cajun, Creole and French cuisine delight customers visiting Houma's restaurants and family-owned kitchens with boudin, Southern-style barbecue, and specialty seasoned meats. For less adventurous visitors, assorted po'boy sandwiches, gourmet pizzas and other classic American favorites sit proudly on many of Houma's menus. In the area, Cajun and Creole hot spots mingle with Mexican, Italian and other ethnic restaurants to cater to everyone's palate.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Houma is Cristiano Ristorante
- Pointe Au Chien State Wildlife Management Area
- Acadian Cultural Center
- Baymont Inn & Suites Houma
- Guidry Stadium
- Bayou Terrebonne Waterlife Museum
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Houma
- Lynn Park Shopping Center
- Motel 90
- Village East Shopping Center
- Holiday Inn Houma
- East Timbalier Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Candlewood Suites Houma
- Madison Park
- Hampton Inn & Suites Thibodaux
- Ramada Inn Houma
- A Chateau on the Bayou Bed & Breakfast
- Memorial Fountain
- Terrebonne Parish
- Pedestrian Bridge
- Heros Park