Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Lafayette, LA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
Leave here and create some more good in your world. We're all a part of it.
- OTNew Orleans / Louisiana •4 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoWe so enjoy Marcello’s for any occasion any time of the week. Our fish special tonight was a little salty but our waiter, Steven Perret, made up for it with his awesome service and wonderful personality. We will always be back.More infoMarcello's of LafayettePrice: Moderate• Italian• Lafayette•4.8
- RrebeccawSan Diego •2 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoAlways enjoy this restaurant. Ordered a lot, one item being filet/lobster combo. Lobster tail was disappointing and tough, so I wouldn’t order it again, but it’s the only negative thing I can say.More infoCharley G's Seafood GrillPrice: Moderate• American• Lafayette•4.9
- HMHarleyMvipNew Orleans / Louisiana •7 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoOnce again Peter Cook chef/owner didn’t disappoint, love his new items on the menu. Like the way he changes the menu always something new to try. Great cocktails and wait staff! Very reasonably priced.More infoPark BistroPrice: Moderate• American• Lafayette•4.9
- TMTimothyMvipNew Orleans / Louisiana •98 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 25, 2023Always excellent. We especially enjoy the cocktails, fried green tomatoes and attentive service.More infoSocial Southern Table and BarPrice: Moderate• Regional American (Southern)• Lafayette•4.8
- OTvipBaton Rouge / Lafayette •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023New year with bestieMore infoRuth's Chris Steak House - LafayettePrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Lafayette•4.8
When French-Canadian settlers moved to Lafayette, Louisiana, in the 18th century, they brought their favorite recipes with them. Today, many chefs who have grown up in the heart of Cajun country are putting modern twists on these time-honored recipes that Rand McNally has named the Best Food City in the USA, Southern Living Magazine has named the Tastiest Town in the South and USA Today named the Best of the Road Rally. Po’ boy sandwiches consisting of fried seafood or meat served on a baguette are a popular lunchtime favorite. Festivals Acadiens et Créoles celebrates this city's fascination with crawfish, although shucking crawfish is not saved just for special occasions. Many restaurants serve their own version of boudin made with pork rice dressing along with their own secret blend of Cajun seasonings.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Lafayette is Ruffino’s on the River
- University Square Shopping Center
- The University Art Museum
- Chargois Park
- M E Norman Park
- The Lafayette Natural History Museum And Planetarium
- Lafayette Art Gallery
- Alexandre Mouton House
- Morgan City Stadium
- Martin Luther King Park
- Girard Park
- Bayou Bend Golf Course
- Vivian Alexander Gallery And Museum
- Acadian Village Shopping Center
- Levy Park
- La Promenade Shopping Center
- Frem Boustany Convention Center At The Heymann Center
- Oakland Park
- Best Western Plus - Vermilion River
- Attakapas Island State Wildlife Managment Area