Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Tempura Matsui invites you to experience the fine art of cooking tempura. Within a serene setting, guests have a seat at our counter or tables and can view the delicate preparation of lightly frying fresh fish and vegetables.
We only serve Omakase Dinner Course for $280 per person at 2 specific times Tuesdays through Saturdays between 5:30PM and 8PM.
Also, we serve a Lunch Course for $160 per person at 12 noon only on Fridays and Saturdays.
Open irregularly on Sundays.
Tempura Matsui is designed to emulate a Japanese cottage with warm woods, slate floors. A five-seat bar allows guests to wait for their seats while enjoying a glass of wine, sake, cocktail, or beer.
You may make a reservation one month ahead and any cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to the reservation to avoid a $100 charge per person.
The Lobster Club is a Japanese Brasserie by Major Food Group. The menu represents a unique take on a large range of classic Japanese cooking techniques with an emphasis on teppenyaki and sushi. It is the only restaurant in America designed by renowned architect Peter Marino.
A garden of visual, epicurean marvels and Live Jazz, La Grenouille serves Dinner, Wednesday through Saturday from 4:30 PM – 9:30 PM. A spectacular three-tiered Skylight Piano Room with Grand Fireplace is available for private parties. Our bar and Upstairs Fireplace Room are dedicated to St. Exupéry who, during the 1940’s, wrote part of the Little Prince upstairs in the Skylight room of La Grenouille.
Since 1963, we have been offering the best of traditional edo-mae (Tokyo) style Japanese dishes from Sukiyaki and Tempura to Sushi and multi-course Kaiseki.
A restaurant of firsts, Nippon was the first Japanese restaurant to serve Sushi in NYC, and made global headlines when founder successfully petitioned the FDA to allow fugu-blowfish to be imported to the U.S. Nippon is also the birthplace of the Beef Negimayaki and many other dishes that are now standard fare in Japanese restaurants around the world. In addition, Nippon makes its own premium quality ni-hachi soba-noodles and presses its own tofu.
Club A Steakhouse provides a truly unique dining experience. Family owned and operated the owner Bruno Selimaj or one of his three sons are onsite and greets each guest every night. Club A Steakhouse manages to encompass the characteristics of a traditional steakhouse & new world modernism that is evident in both the menu and décor. The warmth paired with the distinct menu and extensive wine list make it perfect for any occasion.
MUNA is offering Dine In, bar( upcoming), private events (up-to 75 people), takeout and delivery services. We welcome all our Indian/ Himalayan food lovers to join us in this new journey as MUNA.
Join us at our first floor tequila bar or head up to our 2nd floor mezcal bar showcasing over 300 bottles of mezcal and tequila. Our outdoor dining options include our street cabin, sidewalk dining, along with our newly opened Margarita Garden located in the rear of our 2nd floor dining room. Expect to be transformed to a tropical garden sipping on one of our many margaritas or agave spirits. Infrared heaters and awnings will keep you warm. We look forward to hosting you for our very popular Taco Tuesday with happy hour all night, Tequila Thursdays afterwork party from 5pm, or for our bustling fun #20/20 endless tacos brunch and margs on the weekend from 11AM - 3:30PM.
- CVChrisVNew York / Tri-State Area •19 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoWent for the Prime Rib Dinner. Was absolutely delicious, and never disappoints. Would expect something like this to be double the price. Martini Cart is also a very unique experience.More infoMontereyPrice: Moderate• American• Midtown East•4.5
- MGMadelineGSunshine Coast •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Absolutely lovely dinner. The food was phenomenal and the service was amazing! The venue is beautiful and full of character. Would highly recommend!More infoSmith & Wollensky - New YorkPrice: Expensive• American• Midtown East•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerNew York / Tri-State Area •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023very noisy and busy, servers did not come to us until 30 minutes after we were seated. asked multiple times for a diet coke and never recieved it. food was decent. come for the experience, not so much the food.More infoLa Grande BoucheriePrice: Very Expensive• French• Midtown West•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinervipNew York / Tri-State Area •8 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 20236th year celebrating New Year’s Day at Carmines The hostesses were extremely accommodating as we had two reservations of 10. They were able to put us together making for a great dinner. Wait staff and food were off the charts! Thank you Carmine’s!More infoCarmine's - 44th Street - NYCPrice: Moderate• Italian• Theater District / Times Square•4.6
- YIYeahIsaidItvipNew York / Tri-State Area •31 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Our breakfast was delightful. The server was pleasant and accommodating. Food was plated beautifully. I highly suggest that you try the eggs Benedict and the simple scramble. Definitely plan to return to sample the rest of the menu.More infoThe Smith - MidtownPrice: Moderate• American• Midtown East•4.6
4 top Brooklyn restaurants take on girl dinner with this new event series
Creative plates from top restaurants meet sips from a cult, Italian female winemaker for a series of the ultimate girl dinners.
The 13 best new NYC restaurants of 2023
NYC’s most thrilling openings of the year include an Italian American maximalist paradise and a one-of-a-kind Filipino omakase spot from a Top Chef alum.
Where to drink in New York City right now
New York City’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near New York City
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Discover Midtown East
If you’re looking for a perfect neighborhood for a power lunch, look no further. As a hub of world media, Midtown East is one of the most commercial areas of NYC, and you can find a meal worthy of a mogul. Scattered between Grand Central Station and the Chrysler Building are steakhouses surrounded with Sinatra lore, classic cocktail bars, and other timeless institutions. On the casual side, some of the city’s best food trucks and Halal carts prowl the streets, slinging deliciously affordable options to tourists and workers each day.
Frequently asked questions
As of December 11, 2023 there are 193 restaurants in Midtown East. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Steakhouse, Italian, Seafood, Mexican and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Midtown East who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Midtown East either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Turtle Bay
- Pod 51
- NY Away - The ideal Family & Friends 4 Bedrooms / 4 Bathrooms in Manhattan
- Greenacre Park
- Sutton Court Hotel Residences
- East Side 3 Bedroom Apartment
- Robert Moses Playground
- Midtown East Apartments
- Hilton Garden Inn New York Manhattan Midtown East
- Queensborough Oval
- 50th & 2nd
- Midtown Lodging
- Mary Oconnor Playground
- Sutton Place Park
- Trygve Lie Plaza
- Midtown East - Two Bedroom
- Ralph J Bunche Park
- Carvi Hotel New York
- Turtle Bay Gardens Historic District
- Tudor City Historic District