Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
We offer a full separate bar that seats 8-10. Two intimate event rooms are available for gatherings of 8 or more, one is semi-private and the second is private with its own full bar as well.
Great location, just 4 short blocks to the Javits Center, 2 blocks to Port Authority, also close to Madison Square Garden, Penn Station and the Theatre District.
Your escape to Italy is right here in Midtown Manhattan!
**Please note- due to the closure of Broadway, we have altered our hours of operation. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to resuming our normal schedule in the near future.
Please note: Sushi Bar reservation is not available online. Please contact the restaurant directly.
Chez Josephine draws a crowd unlike any other in New York as food critic Bryan Miller noted when he wrote: “The dining room is a confluence of the famous and the fashionable, the infamous and unsung – with every shade of skin on earth – and indeed you feel the magic of Chez Josephine.”
"HFC" embodies the soul of a classic NY steakhouse reborn into a sleekly designed, elegantly appointed environment.
Platters of made to order pasta, decadent seafood or meat entrees, and of course homemade desserts are all staples at Carmine's, meant for sharing among friends and family. When great food and wine are supported by friendly and knowledgeable service, the results are magic - we want every day to feel like a Sunday afternoon at Grandma's!
We are open for Indoor & Outdoor Dining, Pick-up, Delivery, Catering and Private Parties.
Your safety is our priority. As of 3/7/22, NYC no longer requires proof of vaccination to dine indoors. Indoor & Outdoor dining are available.
- OTOpenTable DinerNew York / Tri-State Area •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoi loved everything about my experience. my server adrien (i hope i spelled it right)--he made our experience AMAZING!!!! WILL BE BACKMore infoBad RomanPrice: Expensive• Italian• Upper West Side•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerNew York / Tri-State Area •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023very noisy and busy, servers did not come to us until 30 minutes after we were seated. asked multiple times for a diet coke and never recieved it. food was decent. come for the experience, not so much the food.More infoLa Grande BoucheriePrice: Very Expensive• French• Midtown West•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinervipNew York / Tri-State Area •8 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 20236th year celebrating New Year’s Day at Carmines The hostesses were extremely accommodating as we had two reservations of 10. They were able to put us together making for a great dinner. Wait staff and food were off the charts! Thank you Carmine’s!More infoCarmine's - 44th Street - NYCPrice: Moderate• Italian• Theater District / Times Square•4.6
- CMChristineMvipNew York / Tri-State Area •10 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We had a wonderful experience celebrating our mom’s 95th birthday. The service and food were great. Thank you for making her special day memorable!More infoBeccoPrice: Expensive• Italian• Theater District / Times Square•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerNew York / Tri-State Area •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We had a 1:30pm reservation New Years Day and we arrived an hour early, asked if it would be possible to be seated early with the full expectation we would then have a bit of a wait. To our surprise they seated us immediately. There were 5 of us and we ordered a salad, one App, two dishes and 2 sides and it was plenty of food. Food and service were excellent and the ambiance was great too. This is a great place and we definitely expect to return.More infoTony's Di Napoli - MidtownPrice: Expensive• Italian• Theater District / Times Square•4.8
4 top Brooklyn restaurants take on girl dinner with this new event series
Creative plates from top restaurants meet sips from a cult, Italian female winemaker for a series of the ultimate girl dinners.
The 13 best new NYC restaurants of 2023
NYC’s most thrilling openings of the year include an Italian American maximalist paradise and a one-of-a-kind Filipino omakase spot from a Top Chef alum.
Where to drink in New York City right now
New York City’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near New York City
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Frequently asked questions
- Bridgestreet at Centria
- San Carlos Hotel New York
- The Out NYC
- Travel Inn - Midtown Manhattan
- The Hotel at Times Square
- Channel Gardens
- Top of The Rock
- The Gotham Hotel
- The Mansfield Hotel
- Rockefeller Center Ice Skating Rink
- Comfort Inn Midtown West
- Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West
- Roger Smith Hotel
- The Towers of the Waldorf Astoria
- Holiday Inn Express Times Square - Fifth Avenue
- Lotte New York Palace
- 51st Street Lexington Avenue Line
- DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan New York City
- The Benjamin
- The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection(r)