Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Copita is a small Mediterranean inspired restaurant seeking to bring the freshest local and imported ingredients from our kitchen to your table.
We are closed Mondays throughout the Summer. Starting in September we will be open for dinner service only, and we are closed Mondays and Tuesdays. Season ends October 1st.
Serving breakfast and dinner daily, the Reading Room is a one of a kind dining experience. Delectable local Maine cuisine and attentive service are surpassed only by the magnificent panoramic ocean views.
Start your evening with locally farmed oysters while deciding between our signature Beef Short Ribs or Filet and Lobster Tail fresh from the boats on the Harbor. Linger over a slice of Maine Blueberry Pie while you enjoy a crafted cocktail and soft piano music.
Smart casual attire is preferred, but not required. We do not accept parties exceeding 6 people. Please note that we are not able to guarantee tables by the window.
We look forward to seeing you!
- KKnitme23Greater Boston •5 reviews4.0Dined on Dec 1, 2023Used a gift card I received to take some friends and my husband to McKay's, and it was a pleasure. Simple menu--not a ton of choices, but very good options. I had the short ribs over mashed potatoes with green beans, and it was delicious. Prices were reasonable for a special dinner--much more reasonable than recent meals out in Portland, for example! Our waitress was great, and the setting is very pretty and festive.More infoMcKay's Public HousePrice: Expensive• American• Bar Harbor•4.4
- MPMichaelPChicago / Illinois •4 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 25, 2023Always delicious. Our service with Enrique was the best.More infoHavanaPrice: Expensive• Latin American• Bar Harbor•4.7
- MHMHPINNYNew York / Tri-State Area •6 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 22, 2023We enjoyed our first visit to Barncastle under new ownership. Our meal was creative and really delish! It’s nice to have some new options in townMore infoBarncastle Hotel and RestaurantPrice: Expensive• German• Blue Hill•4.8
- HHolly1 review4.0Dined on Nov 12, 2023French fries are nice and crispy. Burger was very thick and slightly dried out. Husband loved his crab, steak was ordered medium and was well done.More infoThe Nor'Easter Pound & MarketPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Bar Harbor•4
- MSMikeSSt. Louis •25 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 4, 2023Of all of our meals in Bar Harbor, dinner here was far and away above the rest. Beautiful table-side views of the harbor, exceptional service, food was outstanding and the pianist was a nice added touch. Highly recommend securing a reservation at this fine dining experience inside the Bar Harbor Inn.More infoReading Room Restaurant at The Bar Harbor InnPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Bar Harbor•4.7
Discover Bar Harbor
A picturesque town in northern Maine, Bar Harbor sits on Mount Desert Island surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean and serves as the gateway to Acadia National Forest. With an island locale, it should come as no surprise that Bar Harbor is a great place to find fresh seafood. Whether you are looking for a whole lobster, a bowl of New England clam chowder, steamers, or raw oysters, you won't be disappointed with your options. You can enjoy your seafood in quaint settings with views of Maine's rocky coast. The town also offers grills, cafés, and even a barbecue joint for those looking for something not from the sea. For dessert, you can try a scoop from one of the many homemade ice cream shops or a slice of pie at a bakery or pastry shop.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Bar Harbor is Jordan Pond House
- Newlin Gardens
- Cherryfield Historic District
- The Birches Acadian Bed & Breakfast and Cottages
- Schoodic Mountain
- Eagle Hill Wildlife Research Station
- Gilley Field
- Auto Museum
- Frenchman Bay
- Barton's Motel
- Beatrix Farrand Gardens
- Bluenose Inn - Bar Harbor Hotel
- Hamilton Station
- Roque Bluffs State Park
- Gardens of Acadia
- Northeast Harbor Marina
- White Birches Motel
- Somesville Historic District
- Mount Desert Museum
- Blagden Preserve
- Schoodic Point