Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Ocean Prime strives to provide an elegant, fine dining atmosphere. Our associates’ priority is to ensure your experience is memorable. We ask that our guests choose attire that is both polished and suited to our restaurant. THANK YOU FOR NOT WEARING: Clothing emitting excessive marijuana odor, Excessively revealing clothing or exposed undergarments , Clothing with offensive language or graphics. Admittance to Ocean Prime is at the discretion of management who reserves the right to refuse service to patrons who are inappropriately dressed. We appreciate your cooperation.
Great for family dinners, first dates, classic cocktails, private dining, private parties and off-site events
Enjoy seasonally inspired cuisine with a focus on fresh seafood, an extensive wine list, craft cocktails, and exceptional service.
Under Tom, Kansas City ignored Prohibition and emerged as the “Paris of the Plains.” Money, jazz, and spirits flowed in the open. When asked how he justified ignoring Prohibition, Pendergast quipped, “The people are thirsty.”
Today the people are still thirsty. Tom’s Town satisfies that thirst by producing premium craft spirits. You can taste our high standards and attention to detail in every sip of the gin, vodka, and bourbon we make.
If you do not want to book a private room, but are interested in bringing in a larger group, contact us at 816-308-2131. Unfortunately, due to our processing system, we are unable to split checks by item. However, we can accept multiple cards. Let your server know if you have any questions! Must be 21+ to enter the Tasting Room.
Our focus on seasonal ingredients from local farmers gives us deep ties in our community and allows us to use the highest quality products for our dishes. Our evolving and interesting cocktail and wine lists reproduce this idea of using products from local distilleries and family-owned vineyards to give our guests classic yet progressive options to enhance your dining experience.
Come as you are, for a special occasion or just a casual night out in the historic district of Kansas City, we look forward to welcoming you to our space.
Johnnie’s Jazz Bar & Grille is dedicated to Johnnie Genevieve (Miller) Bills, a piano player for the silent movies at the very first B&B Theatres in 1924. Johnnie’s original piano has been restored and is sitting on our stage.
The Cafe offers two unique settings to dine in: an intimate dining room with floor-to-ceiling installation of more than 100 paintings by Frederick James Brown and a natural light-filled enclosed courtyard. For groups of 10 or more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Semi-private spaces are available to rent for different occasions like bridal and baby showers, birthdays, and special moments.
Insta-perfect Cocktails Made With Fresh Ingredients, Exploring The Flavors Of Agave Such As Tequila And Mezcal. Blending Them With Classic Liquors, Home Made Syrups. Balance And Unique Tecniques. Kansas City First Of Its Kind, Coming From A Local Family Cooking Locally Sourced Produce And Meats Infusing Latino Flavors All Al Fresco.
- SStevensonKansas City / Kansas •2 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoFrom the host to the waitress to the food and the drinks, everything was amazing! We were able to go back in the speakeasy space and it was a nice vibe as well.More infoBrix Latin American Cuisine - WestportPrice: Moderate• Latin American• Kansas City•4.6
- AAceloverKansas City / Kansas •14 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoHas such a great time at Prime Social celebrating our anniversary. The service, food, ambiance, was perfect. Looking forward to going back soon.More infoPrime Social - Kansas CityPrice: Expensive• Cocktail Bar• E. Kansas City•4.8
- JVJoeVvipPhoenix / Arizona •94 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoThis was our first experience with Ocean Prime- we have traveled and ate fabulous food throughout the US- including great seafood restaurants in Cape Cod. We had a great crabcake as the opening appetizer. The sea scallops were large and cooked perfectly. The sea bass was fresh and cooked perfect. The choice of wine was exceptional for options. Gerrilynn did an outstanding job on service. We rated this outing as the best !!More infoOcean Prime - Kansas CityPrice: Very Expensive• Seafood• Kansas City•4.8
- TLTracyL1 review5.0Dined on Sept 16, 2023It was amazingly a great time!!!! I will definitely come again!!!More infoFountain HausPrice: Moderate• American• E. Kansas City•4.7
- JLJLovevipKansas City / Kansas •40 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Capital Grille gave us the special touches to celebrate our anniversary. From the hearts on the table to the anniversary dessert we felt special. The food was amazing as always.More infoThe Capital Grille - Kansas CityPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Plaza / Brookside•4.7
Discover Kansas City
Kansas City is one of the most storied cities in the United States, and many of those stories are connected to food. There are several specialty dishes that are associated with Kansas City by virtue of including the name in the title, such as Kansas City-style chili that boasts a bold tomato flavor. Kansas City is also home to several barbecue restaurants that exhibit the Kansas City flare that is so distinct to the region. And, of course, the Kansas City strip steak has been well-known across the country and is still a primary focus for many visitors. This doesn't even address the multiple foreign cuisine establishments. When all of the choices are put together, the biggest difficulty becomes where to eat and whether you can find a seat.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Kansas City is Ocean Prime - Kansas City
- Swan Lake National Wildlife Refuge
- Kansas City Marriott Country Club Plaza
- Brush Creek Park
- Great Wolf Lodge Kansas City
- Moore Park
- Wood Hill Golf Club Historical
- Windsor Park
- Children's Museum of Kansas City
- Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel
- Searcy Creek Parkway
- Financial District Central Business District
- Brewer Park
- Winwood Shopping Center
- Downtown Kansas City
- Historic Power And Light Building
- Livestrong Sporting Park
- Hilton President Kansas City
- Gladstone Square And Shops
- South Moreland Park