Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Behind the bar, we run a hand-crafted cocktail program and offer a whiskey list of over 200 varietals, including American, Canadian, Irish, Scottish, and Japanese whiskeys.
However, the biggest draw has to be our slow-smoked barbecue menu. Inspired by the flavours of North Carolina, our team arrives early every morning to smoke our famous brisket, pulled pork, ribs, and more for up to 14 hours.
- OTOpenTable DinervipCalgary / Southern Alberta •8 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoWe loved it. Mercato always ensures we have an amazing time. Their ribeye is the best in the city.More infoMercato - MissionPrice: Very Expensive• Italian• Calgary•4.7
- DSDwaineSCalgary / Southern Alberta •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoFood was amazing. Great service, servers were friendly, charismatic, and knowledgeable. Great place for a date I worked definitely go back againMore infoCarinoPrice: Expensive• Italian• Mission•4.9
- BBeefshortribCalgary / Southern Alberta •2 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoGood food, great service, went the extra mile for us.More infoAnejo Restaurant - Calgary (4th St)Price: Moderate• undefined• Mission•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinervipCalgary / Southern Alberta •17 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoTerrific food as always, and Aspen our server was awesome! Way to go Earl’s Tin Palace!More infoEarls Kitchen + Bar - Calgary Tin PalacePrice: Expensive• American• Mission•4.6
- RCRichardCCalgary / Southern Alberta •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoExcellent time with friends. Was my first time. Friends had been their before. Service was grand as was the food. Will be back.More infoSouth Block Barbecue & Brewing Co.Price: Moderate• Barbecue• Mission•4.6
Calgary's Award-winning Restaurants
Discover award winning restaurants in Calgary.
These Are the 14 Best Calgary Restaurants for Celebrating Special Occasions
Even though the COVID-19 pandemic has altered how we celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and other special occasions, most of us are still inclined to mark milestones with some kind of food. Some people are choosing to gather at home with a lavish take-out spread ordered from a favorite restaurant, while others are getting together with small groups of close friends or family to savor a good restaurant meal. Calgary is full of restaurants ideal for celebrating life’s special occasions, whether you’re looking for a luxurious multi-course tasting menu or beers over a fully loaded pizza. While the pandemic has limited how many revelers can come to the table, most of the city’s celebratory restaurants are open for business and ready to help diners feel like they’re escaping the weight of the world, even for a couple of hours or so. These Calgary restaurants are all worthy of hosting small celebrations.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Mission is Carino