Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Our warm atmosphere and kind servers make you feel comfortable upon entering and that is only where it begins. We look forward to serving you. Prevecho!
A family operated - Mediterranean Bistro serving a fresh & local ingredient inspired menu.
The Papanikas family first opened the doors at this location in 1994 under the name Papas Grille, a fine dining Greek and Mediterranean restaurant. With “Papa” and Sam in the kitchen and Angelika, Chris & Yianni running the front of the house, Papas Grille turned into one of the finest and well-respected restaurants in the Durham food scene. After eighteen successful years as Papas Grille, it was time for a makeover and with that came a new brand as well. The reconstruction took place in 2012 in which the changes brought a more casual setting and modern feel. With “Papa” retiring during the changeover, Sam took over the realms in the kitchen fine-tuning his craft which is highly focused on quality ingredients and consistent execution. The front of the house continues to be overseen by Angelika and Yianni.
Featured in the October 2019 edition of News & Observer and received a 4 out of 5 star rating. It has been consistently voted as one of the Top 10 Ethnic restaurants and has also been recognized as the Best Indian Restaurant in the Triangle for 2019, 2020 and 2021.
Start out your meal at Metro 8 with an appetizer such as the crab stuffed shrimp or the empanadas. Choose from dinner entrées like the filet mignon or the lamb chops. For the vegetarians in the group, try items like the fettucine porcine or the Caesar salad.
From our ever-so-tempting appetizers to the last irresistible morsel of our homemade desserts, every meal at the Fairview is executed with discriminating taste and renowned attention to detail. The Inn's extensive wine list, recognized annually by the Wine Spectator Magazine, assures the perfect wine compliment for your meal. Exquisite food, impeccable presentation, attentive service, and a cordial, elegant ambiance make the Fairview the area's restaurant of choice.
Pocho cuisine is not a gimmick. Like Oscar, it’s a little bull-headed, but with no bullshit. It means more than loaded terms like “New American” or “modern Mexican.” And it’s authentic to Chef’s personal experience.
“American food is undefined. But it’s been designated to certain ideas and people. It’s actually evolving, as much as our landscape is a melting pot. As much as my own identity as a first-generation American and chef.”
Pocho started as a term used by people in Mexico to poke fun at the “American” kids who speak Spanglish. At Little Bull, pocho cuisine showcases the evolution of being a chef in America, inspired by every immigrant and their growing influence on our food.
- STSTULETSEATvipHouston •37 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoGreat service and food outstanding … in town for weddingMore infoTaberna TapasPrice: Moderate• Tapas / Small Plates• Durham•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerNew York / Tri-State Area •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoThis was by far the best experience my wife and I have had at a restaurant in years. They were well staffed and the atmosphere was great. Our waitress was knowledgeable, friendly, and very attentive. The food was good but the service made all the difference. We will definitely be back!More infoSeraphinePrice: Moderate• Creole / Cajun / Southern• Durham•4.8
- PLPeterLSan Francisco Bay Area •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoFrom making reservations 31-days in advance to great appetizers, 1-entree and sides which two of us split to the server asking if we were attending DPAC and gave us advice to ensure a timely and unrushed meal, to the holding of our left-over take home until our show was finished, this was an exquisite experience for our anniversaryMore infoNanaSteakPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Durham•4.8
- LleeleevipRaleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill •45 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoFirst time visit and throughly impressed with flavors and creativity of all dishes. Service spot on and will certainly go back even though we had 45 minute drive to get there. This is a must visit.More infoM PochaPrice: Moderate• Asian• Durham•4.9
- SCStephenCRaleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill •11 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 27, 2023Excellent food and service for a raesonable price. Went before a DPAC show and will definitely be going back.More infoCucciolo Osteria DurhamPrice: Expensive• Italian• Durham•4.7
Famished diners are in the right place when they’re in Durham. Chefs here do soul food like no one else, and local farms have plenty of fresh ingredients to work with. For barbecue, pork rules in these parts. The crackly exterior is smothered in tangy vinegar-and-ketchup sauce that begs you to dip a steaming hunk of cornbread into it. If you’ve never had mac and cheese that was baked in a dirty skillet, you haven’t lived, and who knew that it was a vegetable? Everything from collard greens with shrimp and grits to fried catfish is splashed with Texas Pete hot sauce, a local invention. Just don’t embarrass yourself by ordering a Coke in the home state of Pepsi or ask why there’s a dish of pimiento cheese on every table.
Frequently asked questions
- Durham Civic Center Complex
- Duke University
- Brightleaf Square
- Days Inn Durham/Near Duke University
- Sarah P Duke Gardens
- Duke Chapel
- SpringHill Suites Raleigh-Durham Airport/Research Triangle Park
- Sheraton Imperial
- Durham Academy
- Westgate Shopping Center
- The Black Market Shopping Center
- Northgate Mall
- South Square Mall
- North Duke Mall
- Duke Park
- Duke University Golf Club
- Triangle Square Shopping Center
- 305 South Antique Mall Shopping Center
- Comfort Inn Research Triangle Park
- The Durham Hotel