Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Our authentic yakiniku (grilled barbeque) dining experience crowns you the chef. Share a variety of delicious appetizers and premium cooked meats over a flaming grill, paired with Japanese sake, frosty cold beers, or other alcoholic and non-alcoholic options of your choice. We're the perfect spot to enjoy time with friends and family, organize an office party, or to spend quality time with your significant other!
Before you go, don't forget to taste our best-seller Harami Skirt Steak or Prime Kalbi Short Rib among other must-try dishes!
We are just a few blocks from the Convention Center. We are located on Lafayette Street, Convention Center Blvd. and Fulton Street.
We offer a casual, relaxing atmosphere inside or outside on our patio.
Our oysters are locally sourced from hardworking, lifetime fisherman from the Gulf of Mexico. Day or night you can stop in grab a cold local draft and watch the art and skill of our oyster shuckers at the Oyster Bar. Stay awhile and enjoy a dozen or two!
Wine Spectator Award of Excellence Winner 2019-2023
Members of the Chaine des Rotisseurs
New Orleans Magazine Tops of the Town Award Winner
Proud Member of Chef's Brigade
Home of the Loaded Whole Fish
Executive Chef: Peter Isaac
Chef de Cuisine: John Trinh
We have a PrivateRoom that can hold events up to 30 guests' seated and 50 guests' reception style.
Please note: Our live Cajun music will be returning late Summer 2021.
- APAllysonPNew Orleans / Louisiana •1 review4.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023While the food was spectacular and overall service decent, our server Warren wasn't the friendliest and we had an issue paying the bill. We payed with our Caesars players card, which Ruth Chris accepts, however Warren was quite RUDE when I went to pay for our $500 plus meal.More infoRuth's Chris Steak House - New OrleansPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Central Business District•4.5
- CFCherylFGreater Boston •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Great all around! Server was so nice. Food was amazing. Place has a great ambiance. One of the best restaurants we have eaten at in quite a long time. Go!!!!More infoSofia New OrleansPrice: Expensive• Italian• Warehouse District•4.8
- MMichianafoodiesvipIndiana •44 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We are never disappointed when we dine here. It is the one restaurant we will continually return to on our visits to New Orleans although we like to try out ones we have not been to yet. Steaks are the best we have had anywhere in the US!More infoChophouse New Orleans – Prime SteaksPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Central Business District•4.8
- JJuniperDenver / Colorado •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Waitress wasn’t amazing which is too bad because the food and ambience are extraordinary.More infoPeacock Room at The Hotel FontenotPrice: Moderate• Cocktail Bar• Warehouse District•4.7
- MHMaxineHNew Orleans / Louisiana •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023As a resident of New Orleans, I normally recommend this restaurant to my clients and company visiting New Orleans. My. clients are always happy with their service, so I decided to try it out. It was nice meeting the staff face-to-face that assist me with my reservations. The food was fabulous. We ordered the redfish with pecan topping. OMG! The manager, Marcus Benoit and Katie, the hostess was very accommodating. The servers were awesome!More infoMerilPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Warehouse District•4.6
12 stellar special-occasion restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleanians mark time by food seasons, not calendar flips. The hottest months belong to frozen daiquiris and technicolor snoballs. Spring brings families and friends together over spicy spreads of boiled crawfish. Carnival season is all about sweet and savory king cakes. In other words, in a city that puts food at the center of its life—and not just the center of the table—eating and drinking is always a special occasion. When it comes to celebrating a birthday, graduation, or just feeling alive in the Big Easy, the stage is set with buckets of seafood, cocktails in James Beard Award-winning bars, and grand dining rooms that have hosted generations of milestone events. Read on for a guide to the 12 best restaurants to book across New Orleans to get the party started.
The best places to grab a drink in New Orleans
New Orleans’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
These 10 New Orleans restaurants nail outdoor dining
New Orleans’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
14 restaurants vital to New Orleans
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of New Orleans dining right now.
9 romantic restaurants for date night in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants have hosted lovers and trysts for more than 300 years. Couples looking for romance are sure to find it in the Big Easy, whether it’s in the embrace of a velvet-clad hotel lounge or an intimate, family-owned neighborhood joint. Butter up your beau with a steak and martini at an iconic Mid-City steakhouse. Tuck into a tasting menu fit for royalty at a Japanese jewel box in the Central Business District. There’s a table for every kind of date across this festive city. Read on for a guide to 9 New Orleans restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
4 Must-Book Restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants are the beating heart of this festive city, and to say they’ve had a tough few years would be putting it mildly. The good news is that hospitality is calling again, and nobody does it better than the restaurateurs, chefs, servers, and bartenders that call the Big Easy home. Superior service continues to set New Orleans’s restaurant scene apart. Among the standouts, there’s a brand-new izakaya helmed by a meticulous executive chef who spent time in Japan and a Mid-City tapas bar that churns out a one-of-its-kind, afterhours brunch for the midnight munchies. Book one, book all, and be warmly welcomed at these four new restaurants, representing the best of New Orleans right now.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
Discover Warehouse District
Many restaurants in the revitalized Warehouse District of New Orleans face the Mississippi River, letting you enjoy outdoor seating and excellent jazz music. While you can find pizza and barbecue here, the specialty in this part of town is Creole cuisine. From upscale French restaurants to Italian bistros, everything has a Creole flair. From Louisiana crab cakes to crawfish with basil pesto, Creole-inspired dishes take center stage while inviting you to try new combinations. The Warehouse District is also known as the Arts District, so after you finish your barbecued shrimp or hearty gumbo, check out the many art exhibits down Julia Street. Home of Chef Emeril Lagasse's original restaurant, the warm and energetic atmosphere of this neighborhood makes it a great place to have dinner in New Orleans.
Frequently asked questions
- Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel
- Hampton Inn and Suites New Orleans Convention Center
- Beca Gallery Bridge For Emerging Contemporary Art
- Lee Monument
- Mcdonogh Monument
- The Old No. 77 Hotel & Chandlery
- Courtyard by Marriott New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center
- Franklin Monument
- The Outlet Collection at Riverwalk
- World War II Museum, New Orleans
- New Orleans Riverwalk Shopping Center
- Plaza Suites Downtown New Orleans
- Ernest N Morial Convention Center
- Harrah's New Orleans
- Gallery Bienvenu
- Lafayette Square
- New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center
- Morial Convention Center
- Loews New Orleans Hotel
- Lafayette Hotel