Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Executive Chef Marco Pellegrini & his wife, Chef de Cuisine, Sabrina Vallorini transport you to their hometown of Foligno, Umbria where quality craftsmanship and a deep respect for natural ingredients are woven into daily culture.
At Osteria Umbra, Chef Marco Pellegrini has created an experience inspired by classic Umbrian cuisine, elevated by his attention to detail and culinary innovation.
Each dish is handmade with the world’s finest ingredients; from the farms right here in our backyard to the rolling hills of Italy.
This vision would not be possible without Stephen and Diane Bragoli & Daniel Bragoli, lover of all things food and wine.
It is their attention to detail that creates a comfortable ambiance that represents the contemporary Italy of today combined with Chef Marco’s soulful cuisine that Osteria Umbra is born.
Like its predecessors, Insignia's inspired menu features the finest prime dry-aged steaks and the freshest Sushi & Seafood, including fresh whole fish, served up in a chic, elegant atmosphere that is also a feast for the eyes. Picture a historic North shore mansion with cedar shakes, quarried stone and a beautiful turret combined with the energy and vibe of a trendy Las Vegas restaurant. "That's Insignia" stated Mr. Scotto, "It's refreshingly unique."
Our spacious bar area invites good conversation as well as great times. Relax and unwind. Discuss or celebrate a business deal. Or put the finishing touch on a perfect meal with a cocktail. Exceptional ambiance, cuisine and service. You’ll find them all and more at Insignia.
Guests are invited to sit at our expansive gray marble bar while feasting on fresh sushi or our modern American seafood classics. Our delicious menu not only features abundant fish, but also satisfies land lovers with celebrated dishes like filet mignon wellington with mushroom duxelles and brie fondue or our roasted half chicken with cornbread stuffing, mushrooms, and chicken jus.
Weekly specials include Happy Hour, as well as our three-course Wednesday Night Wine Dinners, which curate pairings of wine with each off-menu course.
Chop Shop is the perfect place for casual dining and special occasions, as well as corporate gatherings. Begin your dining experience with a drink selection from our extensive wine list, which offers a variety of great selections, or choose from our exclusive martini menu. Chop Shop’s menu specializes in a variety of sizzling steaks, fresh local seafood, exceptional pasta dishes, seasonal specials and delectable house made desserts.
Open for dinner, reservations are accepted for all size parties. Chop Shop also offers a function room, accommodating private gatherings for 6-20 people, available Monday through Sunday.
- GAGavinANew York / Tri-State Area •5 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoWonderful food , greatest service , warm surroundings, will be back again after the New Year!More infoSmithtown Pasta HousePrice: Moderate• Italian• Smithtown•4.6
- DMDebbieMvipLas Vegas •21 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoWine dinner always lives up to high expectations! Creative BBQ brisket & slaw appetizer, tasty fish main with pureed lentil sauce and excellent charred broccolini finished off with warm apple streusel dessert. Presented with friendly & professional service.More infoH2O: Seafood & SushiPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Smithtown•4.7
- SSusankvipNew York / Tri-State Area •23 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 25, 2023Chop Shop did not disappoint. The food was incredible, the service was fantastic, the ambiance was lovely. We felt special from the moment we entered the restaurant. I ate the tomahawk veal chop which was excellent and my husband had the skirt steak which he enjoyed tremendously. All in all, an awesome date night. Thank you Chop Shop, we will return.More infoChop Shop Bar & GrillPrice: Expensive• American• Smithtown•4.5
- CConsistentlyexcellentvipNew York / Tri-State Area •24 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023As always, a great experience with delicious food and excellent service (thanks, Sean!). This has quickly become a favorite place of ours.More infoOsteria UmbraPrice: Expensive• Italian• Smithtown•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerBaltimore / Maryland •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Service and food was wonderful. Entire family enjoyed delicious steaks and an assortment of rolls! Highly recommend the yellow tail! Waiter was extremely professional and helpfulMore infoInsignia Prime Steak & SushiPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Smithtown•4.7
4 top Brooklyn restaurants take on girl dinner with this new event series
Creative plates from top restaurants meet sips from a cult, Italian female winemaker for a series of the ultimate girl dinners.
The 13 best new NYC restaurants of 2023
NYC’s most thrilling openings of the year include an Italian American maximalist paradise and a one-of-a-kind Filipino omakase spot from a Top Chef alum.
Where to drink in New York City right now
New York City’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near New York City
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Smithtown is Phayathai