Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
V. Mertz is locally-owned, and we pride ourselves in offering artisan products and cheeses, organically-grown local produce and Wagyu beef, and sustainably-farmed and line-caught seafood. We believe that dining should be an event, and to this end Chef Jonathan Miller has created a harmony of food and wine, culminating in our extravagant Tasting Menu.
Perfect for business or pleasure, V. Mertz is the premier fine-dining restaurant in Omaha.
Gather in Omaha is the first and only restaurant in town to offer an on-site hydroponic vertical farm with fresh produce, greens, and herbs, all hand-picked daily by our culinary team.
READ OUR POLICIES BELOW:
*We will only hold your table 10 min beyond your reservation time and your table will be released. All "no-show" reservations and cancellations made within 6 hours of reservation for parties of 6 or less or 12 hours for 6 or more, will be CHARGED $25/person.
Dynamite Woodfire Grill offers a taste of the old and new in a lavish and captivating environment, complete with Classic & Creative Cocktails and a defining Wine Program.
We can accommodate up to 25 diners in our private room and have experience with events ranging from rehearsal dinners to pharmaceutical presentations.
In addition to our dining room and lounge we also have two large patios. Both Patios have full dinner and drink service. We also have Happy Hours Monday-Friday 3pm to 630pm, and Saturday 3pm to 6pm and Reverse Happy Hour Friday and Saturday 10pm to Close and all day Sunday!!!
For groups of 8 or more we do add 20% gratuity to the check. Please specify if you will need separate checks, have children that will require a highchair, if a high top table will be acceptable, or if any guests in your party has dietary restrictions that we need to be made aware of.
- RRRichieRichvipDenver / Colorado •6 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoVariety amazing FRESH vegetables (and pesto humus) amazing Food = 10/10!More infoGather - OmahaPrice: Expensive• American• Downtown / Old Market•4.8
- LllynchvipDenver / Colorado •7 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoOur waiter was outstanding and the Manager was top notch. Food was delicious! Also decorated for the Holidays which made it special!More info801 Chophouse - OmahaPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Downtown / Old Market•4.8
- RMRobMvipNebraska •9 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoGeneva was an amazing waitress as was all the supporting cast, what an amazing anniversary experience. The food was even better, go, have fun and eat well. Thank you Dynamite Woodfire Grill!More infoDynamite Woodfire GrillPrice: Very Expensive• American• Downtown / Old Market•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerNebraska •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Gilbs is always good, you can have great food for a reasonable price, and they accommodate most any substitutions you wantMore infoJ. Gilbert’s - Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - OmahaPrice: Expensive• Steak• Downtown / Old Market•4.7
- SsterbamannvipNebraska •7 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Plank’s food and service were amazing. We commented we will be putting this place in our regular dining out rotation.More infoPlank Seafood Provisions - OmahaPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Downtown / Old Market•4.7
Discover Old Market
When it comes to food, the Midwestern metropolis of Omaha is synonymous with steaks. It's no surprise then that the historic downtown and Old Market districts are full of steakhouses. You can sample microbrews while watching street acts or indulge in French cuisine with a farm-to-table twist. Step off the original brick street and into a modern Italian bistro, or admire one of the horse-drawn carriages from one of the many restaurants that offer patio seating. Whether you want chicken fajitas for a casual lunch or want to have a romantic seafood dinner for two, you'll find something to enjoy at many of Old Market's restaurants.
Frequently asked questions
Celebrate special occasion at the best restaurants in Downtown / Old Market. Our customers recommend J. Gilbert’s - Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood - Omaha, Texas de Brazil - Omaha and V.Mertz
As of December 6, 2023 there are 30 restaurants in Downtown / Old Market. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Steakhouse, American, Steak, Sushi, Contemporary American and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Downtown / Old Market who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Downtown / Old Market either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Great Plains Black History Museum
- Embassy Suites Omaha - Downtown/Old Market
- Td Ameritrade Park Omaha
- Kenefick Park
- Adams Park
- Bank of Florence Historical Marker
- Omaha Civic Auditorium
- Hitchcock Nature Area
- Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area
- Twenty Second And Willis Street Park
- Pershing Park
- Friendship Park
- Fort Omaha Historical Marker
- Levi Carter Park
- Omaha Theater Company For Young People
- Neale Woods Nature Center
- Deer Park
- Malcolm X Historical Marker
- Capitol Hill Historical Marker
- General Crook House Museum