Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
We look forward to seeing you. Stay Safe and Healthy!
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Portland, OR serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
Ideal for large groups, the menu features seasonal, global-inspired tavern fare, extensive craft beer offerings and original handcrafted cocktails.
Early and late happy hours keep guests glued to their seats as they get caught up on the latest sports games airing all around the restaurant, and the daily food and drink specials keep locals and visitors alike coming back again and again.
And have you heard the talk about brunch? Those donuts though.
- MMikevipPortland / Oregon •20 reviews5.0Dined todayDuck Experience is always highlight of dining year. Everybody we refer to it are amazed and very appreciative. Even the usual non-duck eaters will like it due to the perfect preparation and presentation. Service always charming and efficient, and Jessica this time was no exception. Wish they had it more than once a year!More infoDeparture Restaurant and LoungePrice: Moderate• Contemporary Asian• Downtown•4.4
- DDocdavis4lKansas City / Kansas •12 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoFirst time at PCG. A former Portlandian recommended it. We didn’t ask about a window table but our booth was very comfortable. Our main server was Shane and he was excellent. My wife and I took our adult son there. We had the Spicy Yellow Fin Tuna Roll, Clam Chowder, shared the chop salad, all of us had scallops and shrimp. Sorbet and crème brûlée for dessert. Three different cocktails and all delicious. Shane validated the convenient parking downstairs. Although the dining area was bustling we could converse with each other and hear the live musical entertainment from the bar.More infoPortland City GrillPrice: Very Expensive• Seafood• Downtown•4.4
- GCGregCPortland / Oregon •4 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoIt was an amazing luxury dining experience! Certainly not inexpensive, but it is the Ritz-Carlton after all. The service certainly lives up to the name and price level. The staff were amazing. Our server Nichole guided us through a tasting experience with confidence and cheerful professionalism. Though there are a couple grand entrees, it's mostly a tasting menu. We chose 8 dishes we wanted to try, and working with the sommelier, Nichole created an exquisite flavor journey with wine pairings. Service in the bar was just as good. We made a point to arrive early for a cocktail, and the bar didn't disappoint. The specialty cocktails were superb. Every server we encountered asked and remembered our names, and everyone was very welcoming. I do have a couple complaints. The public (non-guest) wifi wasn't working, and the staff indicated that it hadn't been working for some time, if at all, and management hasn't fixed it or provided a workaround, such as setting up a fake room number and guest room to use the guest wifi. We had no cell reception in the restaurant, even at a window table, so working wifi is a must. The place also gets uncomfortably loud when it's full. I don't want a completely silent dining experience, but we couldn't even hear our server at one point. You have to be a lip reader. I give the ambience only 3 stars because of this major issue, in spite of the gorgeous decor and view. The room is a fishbowl of hard surfaces and is screaming for some basic sound dampening. This is a minor complaint, but the type on the menus was ridiculously small. I have great vision with progressive lens glasses but almost had to pull out my phone to read the menu. I'm not much of a luxury diner, but I'd definitely return when I feel like treating myself, if management does something about the noise levels. When indicating the noise level in the OpenTable review, there should be an option for "painfully lound."More infoBellpine at The Ritz-Carlton PortlandPrice: Very Expensive• American• NW Portland•4.2
- PPattyPortland / Oregon •10 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023It was extremely busy. We didn’t have to wait long after our reserved time slot to get seated. Food was great and our server was fantastic!More infoFogo de Chao - PortlandPrice: Moderate• Brazilian• SW Portland•3.9
- RSRobertoSFOvipSan Francisco Bay Area •48 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Jake’s is classic Portland. Old wood columns, aged tile floor, crisply uniformed staff, and a full breakfast that would make a lumberjack happy. Will return. Again.More infoJake's Grill - PortlandPrice: Moderate• Steakhouse• Downtown•4.6
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Portland, OR
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
The Top Restaurants by Cuisine in Portland
Whether it’s a margherita pizza or sashimi you seek, here are the best places by cuisine type, according to our tastemakers.
Discover Downtown Portland
Downtown Portland has a revitalized dining scene, and there is something for everyone among the huge variety of options that range from casual street-side eateries to formal affairs with flair. If you're hungry for lunch, Portland has you covered. The food cart culture is thriving, offering seemingly endless options, including an entire block of lunch favorites. Classic dining is downtown Portland's high point, and visitors will find establishments both old and new. While happy hour might draw diners in, the food keeps them going. Many downtown spots serve up comfort food classics that highlight Oregon's abundance of fresh ingredients. The downtown culture also explodes with global flavors. Travelers will find several restaurants featuring award-winning chefs who can bring the world to your plate.
Frequently asked questions
As of December 11, 2023 there are 39 restaurants in Downtown. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Seafood, Steakhouse, American, Fondue, Comfort Food and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Downtown who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Downtown either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Dewitt City Park
- Sentinel, a Provenance Hotel
- Community Recreation Field
- Tigard Towne Square Shopping Center
- Travelodge Portland City Center
- Heron Grove City Park
- Portland Police Memorial
- Portland Heights City Park
- Steel Bridge
- King City Golf Course
- The Benson, a Coast Hotel
- Lillis Albina City Park
- Oregon State Hospital Portland
- Holladay City Park
- Governors Park
- Pearson Air Museum
- South Park Blocks
- Econo Lodge Convention Center Portland
- Hilton Portland & Executive Tower
- Marquam Nature Park