Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Where we invite you to journey into a place of both intimacy and companionship
Our concept is drawn from our name. The word “cloak” implies secrecy, inspiring our concept of a social sphere humming beneath the levels of ordinary life. “Petal” alludes to the Japanese tradition of “hanami,” when family and friends gather under blooming cherry blossoms to savor food, drinks and fellowship.
Enter our space and travel underground to décor reminiscent of an abandoned Tokyo subway, a stratum of society all its own, an artist’s dream. Cross the threshold into a mystically transformed Japanese social dining lounge which appears to be an outdoor seating area, similar to a waiting platform. Sit beneath a trellis of draping vines and teardrop lights in the intimate space we’ve thoughtfully created, and feast on authentic Japanese sushi, appetizers, small plates and drinks with family and friends.
Journey down to Cloak + Petal… and come unwind your soul.
Try the fried calamari or the saffron rice balls filled with ground beef, peas and mozzarella cheese to start out your meal at Rovino. Choose from dinner entrées like the prosciutto and arugula flatbread or the pasta al sugo. Top off your Italian experience with a cup of specialty coffee and a dessert such as the tiramisu or the cannoli.
We would love to hear your feedback on your experience.
Founded by Owner Michael Rosen, Juniper’s kitchen is backed by a supergroup of culinary minds that produce one of the most refined yet imaginative menus in town. Pair that with pristine attention to detail and unsurpassed breadth of knowledge from our front of house team and award-winning wine list for an unforgettable dining experience.
For all groups 9 and larger contact Kirsten Trelenberg: email@example.com or call 619.487.9627
Lively atmosphere with our craft cocktails, handmade pastas, freshest seafood, delicate pizza, and our famous Sicilian Ribeye.
Pizza Served from our stone fired oven.
Gluten free and Vegan Items Available
WHILE WE VALUE THE TIME OF ALL OUR LOYAL GUEST AND SMILING FACES, WE KINDLY REQUEST YOU LIMIT THE TIME SPENT AT YOUR TABLE TO 1 HOUR AND 30 MIN DUE TO MANDATED REDUCTION IN CAPACITY.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND SUPPORT, WE COULDNT BE MORE THRILLED TO HAVE YOU DINE WITH US!
The dishes are a contemporary link from the past to the present using local produce and Seafood guided by the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch. European influence in flavor and cooking techniques are echoed throughout the menu with the core of the kitchen coming from the Coal Fired Josper Oven. Hints of the Ocean, smoke, and char will reverberate through all the dishes.
A daily Brunch Menu is centered around composed Latin American and Caribbean breakfast dishes with rotating pastries and a unique Sandwich called Bokit (a stuffed fry bread from the French Islands of Guadeloupe).
Snacks vary from a simple play on Chex Mix to a fun tableside version of a Raclette queso fundido.
Dinner transitions into a more select atmosphere with the food offering a variety of plant-based small plates and large format proteins cooked over coals
We are a New Zealand inspired whimsical restaurant set in a craftsman house that dates back to 1905. We are one block off the main drag in Little Italy. Sink your teeth into one of our organic beef or lamb burgers. We also have many salads and dinner entrees to try. Portions are generous, and prices are reasonable.
The family restaurant gets its name from Amy's mother "Patti" who enjoyed serving burgers with the perfect glass of wine. Bun & Patti specializes in burgers that are higher-end yet approachable using the finest quality ingredients including Flannery Farm 14 day dry-aged patty, Gold Canyon custom chuck and brisket blend, brioche buns from Rockenwagner Bakery and thick-cut sous vide Bakers Bacon.
In addition to burgers, Bun & Patti offers starters featuring Patti's Pretzel and Boujee Tots, fried and grilled chicken sandwiches, salads, steak frites and sides including signature onion rings, truffle fries and macaroni and cheese.
- SEStevoEvipEdmonton / Northern Alberta •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Great food, cocktails, and service! Will definitely come back!More infoJuniper & IvyPrice: Very Expensive• Contemporary American• Little Italy•4.6
- LHLizHSan Diego •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023The staff and food are amazing. Will be coming back often 10/10.More infoBencotto Italian KitchenPrice: Expensive• Italian• Little Italy•4.4
- LKLaurenKvipSan Diego •15 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023A dimly lit, upscale joint with good food and style. The roasted oysters and bone marrow was an incredible dish, and the pizza was phenominal. We splurged on Iberico Pork as an appetizer- $42 for a couple oz and some toast. The pork was incredible, but the toast had a very bold tomato flavored sauce that overshadowed the nuances of the Iberico. I ate it seperately :) Overall a solid place, great servicr and good flavors.More infoHerb & WoodPrice: Expensive• Californian• Little Italy•4.7
- JHJaimiHvipSan Diego •101 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023We’ve only been to this restaurant one time before, but we absolutely loved it! They were five of us, and we got to sit at the roundtable, which was perfect. There was a special menu because of the holiday and I’m a bit picky… So I ended up with just a chop salad and shrimp cocktail but everybody else ordered a little bit of everything and said it was delish!More infoBarbusaPrice: Moderate• Italian• Little Italy•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinervipSan Diego •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Birthday lunch for my hubby with his girlsMore infoCoco MayaPrice: Expensive• Contemporary Latin• Little Italy•4.4
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in LA
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Diego
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Diego
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in LA
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in San Diego
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Discover Little Italy
As the name implies, San Diego's Little Italy is best known for its Italian cuisine. From meatball sandwiches to wood-fired pizzas to handmade pasta, Italian food fans will all find a favorite dish to enjoy in this area of the city. Despite that fact, a visit to Little Italy doesn't have to be restricted to Italian food. Break away from the pizza-and-pasta approach to dinner by taking in the neighborhood's hot seafood scene. Oyster bars are a particularly interesting way to enjoy seafood in this part of the city. Whatever cuisine you choose, finish off your meal in Little Italy with a scoop of locally handcrafted gelato. In fact, if you skip dinner and go straight for dessert, no one will blame you one bit.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Little Italy is Kettner Exchange
The best vegan restaurants in Little Italy are Civico 1845, Cloak + Petal and The Yasai: Vegan Japanese Experience at Little Italy
- Renaissance San Diego Downtown Hotel
- Corporate Suites in San Diego Downtown
- Best Western PLUS Bayside Inn
- Quality Inn San Diego Downtown North
- R.K. Hostel
- DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego Downtown
- Urban Boutique Hotel
- Days Inn Harbor View
- Broadstone by Stay Alfred
- Little Italy
- Motel 6 San Diego Downtown
- La Pensione Hotel
- ITH Adventure Hostel San Diego
- Marina Inn and Suites-Airport-Gaslamp-Zoo
- Motel 6 San Diego Airport/Harbor
- Four Points by Sheraton San Diego Downtown
- Hotel Vyvant
- Holiday Inn Express - Downtown San Diego
- Harborview Inn & Suites-Convention Center-Airport-Gaslamp-Seaworld-Zoo-Balboa Park
- Porto Vista Hotel