Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Chef Dunlap was previously the Executive Sous Chef at The Inn at Little Washington and the Corporate Executive Chef of Quirk Hotels (Quirk Hotel RVA & Quirk Hotel CVille). He was named as 1 of the 32 Restaurant Stars on the Rise in 2020 by FSRMagazine, Rising Star Chef of the Year by Two Roads Hospitality Worldwide, and has won Best Dishes at Broad Appetit 4 years in a row.
Enjoy special events such as Wine/Bourbon Pairing Dinners, Private Dining/Event Space, and a Chef's Table Experience. This is a local, family-owned business, owned by Chef Dunlap & his wife.
- LTLynnTvipVirginia •16 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoWe celebrated my 60 th birthday there and everything was perfect!More infoFirebirds Wood Fired Grill - Richmond - Belvedere$$$$Price: Moderate• Steakhouse• Richmond•4.6
- MDMaggieDVirginia •16 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoAlways a pleasure eating at the Boathouse. The ambience is nice and the food and service are excellentMore infoThe Boathouse at Sunday Park$$$$Price: Expensive• Seafood• Midlothian•4.5
- RWRobertWVirginia •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoExcellent service, food, easy online reservation, the absolute best place I have ever taken my wife to eat.More infoRuth's Chris Steak House - Richmond$$$$Price: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Richmond•4.7
- RCRhondaCvipVirginia •27 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoAwesome Happy Hour! Oysters, crab dip and mussels were amazing. Matt, our server, is absolutely the best!!More infoThe Hard Shell - Bellgrade$$$$Price: Moderate• Seafood• Midlothian•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerCharlotte •2 reviews5.0Dined on Feb 26, 2024Had to go for the butter basted filet and it did not disappoint. I sliced it with a knife, then cut it with my fork as I went. Fork tender. It was perfectly cooked and one of the larger filet’s I’ve had in a restaurant. I would love it if they had a ribeye. Friends had the salmon and the lamb. Kitchen accommodated a more well done salmon. It was reported as “very good”. The lamb was a little too fatty. Also, it came with peas and carrots so maybe change the side if that’s not your jam.More infoMidlothian Chef's Kitchen$$$$Price: Moderate• American• Midlothian•4.7
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Virginia
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Midlothian is a blossoming town just west of the beautiful heights of Richmond. Many diners in the area have rotating menus depending on the day of the week and what is fresh and in-season. If you're looking to try new and exciting cuisine, Midlothian is a fantastic place to visit. With a relatively large Asian population, Asian fusion dishes are very common. Chefs mix local ingredients and recipes from other cultures to create truly unique meals at bistros and eateries. If you're more of a traditionalist, you can find a wide range of standard Greek, Italian, and comfort food restaurants in addition to steakhouses, burger joints, and pizzerias.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Midlothian is Midlothian Chef's Kitchen
- Ball Park
- Appomattox Game Club Preserve
- Buford Shopping Center
- Holiday Inn Express Richmond-Brandermill-Hull Street
- Rockwood Square Shopping Center
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Richmond - Midlothian
- Arch Village Shopping Center
- Robious Hall Shopping Center
- Twin Lakes State Park
- Ivymont Square Shopping Center
- Chesterfield Towne Center Shopping Center
- Rockwood Park
- Grove Street Park
- Amella Wildlife Management Area
- Powhatan Courthouse Historic District
- Webster Hunt Club Preserve
- Farmville Historic District
- Blackstone Historic District
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midlothian Turnpike
- Hampton Inn Richmond/Midlothian Turnpike