Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Loxleys Restaurant & Wine Bar is an independently-owned, family-run restaurant based in the heart of Stratford-upon-Avon. From it"s understated entrance to the eclectic and carefully designed interiors, our restaurant has set the atmosphere in which you can indulge, relax and experience our friendly service and locally-sourced produce. Our delicately designed menus will pamper your palate with a selection of carefully created flavours and diverse wine cellar
We have a diverse and thoughtful menu, locally-sourced and seasonally adjusted, as well as a comprehensive range of fine wines and beers from all over the world.
'The Vintner' derives its name from the year 1600, when John Smith traded, along with his wife, as a wine merchant (vintner) in this building. It is more than likely that William Shakespeare purchased his wine from here!
We are situated on the waterside in Stratford upon Avon, conveniently located near all the famous sights with stunning views across the River Avon. Therefore customers are only a few minute’s walk from Shakespeare’s birthplace and both the Swan Theatre and The Royal Shakespeare Company.
Why not come and grab a pre-theatre meal or sit down after a day of sight seeing? We’re open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner Monday to Sunday. Our menu caters to vegetarians/vegans and those who are following a gluten-free diet.
*To avoid any disappointment, please note that Afternoon Tea bookings have to be made 24h ahead of time.
**Lunch is available in our Trevelyan Bar with a different, adapted lunch menu. Please contact us for more information.
- PWPamWWarwickshire •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoWe often go to the Opposition when we visit the theatre and it never lets us down. Always a nice, warm atmosphere with a good, reliable menu. Staff are always friendly and efficient. Would definitely recommend. We book for 5.30pm which gives enough time enough for two courses, before a 7.15pm/7.30pm start.More infoThe OppositionPrice: Moderate• Modern European• Stratford-Upon-Avon•4.7
- MNMNick22Leicestershire •28 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Fabulous restaurant design. Lovely food and great service. Amazing wine. Request a downstairs table if there are any in the party with mobility issues. Would definitely recommend.More infoLoxley's Restaurant & Wine BarPrice: Moderate• British• Stratford-Upon-Avon•4.7
- SMScottMWarwickshire •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We have visited Stratford upon Avon many times over the years and always make a point of eating at Vintners. The food is always excellent and we would especially recommend the lamb shank and beef bourguignon. The restaurant itself is in a lovely old building and has a great atmosphere.More infoThe VintnerPrice: Expensive• Modern European• Stratford-Upon-Avon•4.6
- AamandafWarwickshire •1 review4.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Nicely sited next to the river. Staff were attentive. Food was as expected, maybe lacking slightly in flavour?More infoCarluccio's - Stratford Upon AvonPrice: Expensive• Italian• Stratford-Upon-Avon•3.9
- SMSteveM1 review4.0Dined on Feb 11, 2022A real Italian restaurant, although with some changes to menu style to suit local expectations, this is a welcome change from the many chain restaurants that are the same everywhere. Very good food, and a reasonably extensive and not over-priced wine list. My veal was perfectly cooked (pink), as was my wife's fish. The portion sizes are reasonable, so don't be afraid to order a couple of side dishes. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Service was perhaps just a little too rapid for my taste, I'd have preferred a slightly longer wait to finish my cocktail, and between courses, but that's very much personal preference. We will certainly return.More infoSorrentoPrice: Expensive• Italian• Stratford-Upon-Avon•4.5
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Stratford-Upon-Avon is The Three Horseshoes