Nearby points of interest
Nearby points of interest
About Beach Fires Pacific Grill
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:00am - 10:00pm
Saturday - Sunday 9:00am - 10:00pm
CAN$30 and under
AMEX, MasterCard, Visa
25 spots available for our restaurant within the green lines, with paid public parking outside the green lines
Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Full Bar, Outdoor dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
Beach Fires Pacific Grill Ratings and Reviews
This is a great addition to the restaurant scene here in Nanaimo! They have a great variety of seafood and unique combinations. I wanted the quesadilla with shrimp but they were all out of the quesadilla's which seemed very strange to me. Instead I ordered the caesar salad with prawns, it was delicious! My friend had the sirloin burger which she said was delicious also, I could see the juice dripping down her chin when she bit into it! The price is comparable to most upper scale restaurants. The view of the marina is lovely. Definitely ask for a table near the water. I found it a bit chilly by the window but it was worth it for the view, they later turned on the heat. The service was okay, the waitress got my order wrong as I had asked for the small salad and got the large, but it turned out to be very good.
I would also like to add to your above questions the fact that it is located in the most wonderful view of the Harbour....it is a great place to bring out of town guests. Love it. Also, our seating was by the door, next time we come, I will ask for a different table as by the door (being in the winter) was very cold as the door opened and closed also it was a very busy area as people come in
Thank you for having such a lovely restaurant, looking forward to perhaps, in the future, having the Patio opened in the Summer.
Great food, great service, great atmosphere. More wine variety could make the place even better. We highly recommend Beach Fires to everyone. We will be back soon:)
It became obvious that it's a new restaurant fairly quickly after we arrived. This place has potential but it's not there yet. See below for pros and cons, but we won't be returning anytime soon.
- Good parking
- Ambiance was pleasant
- View was nice
- Pricing was reasonable.
- Food taste was above average.
- Waitress had a nice personality (though perhaps lacked some professionalism)
- Menu seemed diverse (except for the fact that you can't get an omelette for breakfast or brunch)
- No omelette on the Brunch menu. We decided to order the eggs "any style" and then asked for an omelette, and the waitress said "we don't have the pan for it" and that they don't make changes to the set menu because the item "is only $12", implying for such a small amount you can't expect them to make exceptions to suit the taste of the client. I've never heard of a restaurant serving breakfast dishes and not being able to accommodate an omelette with no fillings. They were offering a Frtittata...seems to me you could use the same pan?
- Our 5-person table was within 5-feet of the front door and it was -2 outside. We kept our jackets on while there and finally asked to be moved to another table. Fairly uncomfortable.
- Food took 45 minutes after ordering. We were warned of a delay but 45 minters seems excessive. 3 dishes came out luke warm.
- Eggs Benedict portion was very small.
Still in “soft opening” so no wine list yet, but the $5 wine and beer are sure to get everyone’s attention.
Excellent service and the flambé peppered strawberries are to die for!
Wonderful ambiance which will only improve in Spring/Summer with the waterfront view.
We will certainly be returning.
Would advise reservations as tables are limited
Fairly new restaurant. Food was definitely a 10+ a good variety of flavours to keep everyone happy. Service was outstanding. Upscale restaurant. Super clean.
Downside- servers should be dressed appropriately for upscale restaurant.
Volume of music needs to be adjusted for conversation. But all these things I'm sure will be easily sorted out the longer they are open. Definitely will be returning.
The service was amazing! My friends and I loved the menu selection. Our server was knowledgeable and easily answered all our questions regarding our choices. Wonderful ambience, delicious food (which was elegantly presented) and can’t wait to go for brunch!
Please sign in to record your input. Thanks!
Report this review as inappropriate?
If you believe this review should be removed from OpenTable, please let us know and someone will investigate.