Wienstein & Gavino's
With three levels, it offers everything from a unique open kitchen with a large outdoor terrace to a fabulous bar.
Wienstein & Gavino's satisfies all tastes, serving pizza from a spectacular oven, homemade fresh pasta and other Italian favourites while maintaining a rustic Mediterranean atmosphere.
- Surfaces sanitised between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Sanitiser or wipes provided for customers
- Waitstaff wear masks
- Diners must wear masks unless eating or drinking
- Proof of vaccination required to dine indoors
Del Pescatore. Moules, palourdes, crevettes, pétoncles, calmars, safran, bouillon de homard [Mussels, clams, shrimp, scallops, calamari, saffron, lobster broth]
Mac & Cheese
Bacon, Chorizo, Cheddar, Provolone Fumé, Brie, Parmigiano, Oignons Caramélisés, Panko [Bacon, Chorizo, Cheddar, Smoked Provolone, Brie, Parmigiano, Caramelized Onions, Panko]
Pesto au basilic, poulet roti, poivrons, oignons, jalapeño, provolone fumé [Basil pesto, roasted chicken, peppers, onions, jalapeño, smoked provolone]
Allways a great restaurent to spend time at with one's family.
It’s our “Go to” restaurant when we go to Montreal and again it didn’t disappoint!!! Even during a pandemic!
Great food. Decent size portions. Would easily go here again.
Amazing !i love it and definitely recommend it to my friends and family
Not bad for a commercial food/place. We went on a Sunday lunch time, not busy at all, though the food was ready and preheated, Risotto was hot from the outside but cold from the inside! The Osso Buco was tasty, though a bit hard (supposed to be very tender and melting). You do expect to have Parmesan cheese with the food, but they serve Grana Padano (cheaper), big difference in taste. Service was good, value for money is acceptable...
Tout était agréable.
La place, l'ambiance et la nourriture.
Le serveur était très attentionné et professionnel..
Merci, l'expérience fut agréable.
Nous avons adoré notre expérience. Un bel accueil, une belle ambiance sur la terrasse et la nourriture étais fantastique.
It was great as usual. We had birthday parties there also
Will definitely go again
Second time eating here. Great food. Amazing service.
Service wasn’t good. Group of nine. I think it’s worth noting that we are all Afro-Canadians. I know that some may read this and assume that I may not be seeing this right, but I wouldn’t take time to write this review if I didn’t at least feel that we were mistreated.
1. Reservations were made and we were allowed in only after two waiters “double checked” that we had reservations. That’s fine, it’s protocol, even if two different people had to do it.
2. We were taken to our table which was in a dark and damp area, away from everybody else. It was under the steps to go upstairs, and so there was wood directly above my head. On top of that, the chair I was sitting on was wobbly due to a broken leg. We asked go be seated somewhere else and were moved to a better place. As we sat, the 9 of us, we began to grow bored and so some of us looked up reviews of the restaurant we were at. It turns out that they serve bread and pesto prior to your food arriving, I assume, after ordering. We had ordered and had to wait an additionally 20-25 minutes to receive our bread.
3. Appetizers arrived and were actually on time. The waiter wasn’t rude, but seemed to not be engaged. Now get this, when our food begins to arrive, one of the people at our table mentioned that they hadn’t received their food. The waiter returns and says that she is sorry and that she accidentally gave his pizza to another customer who was seated upstairs. Side note, they told us upstairs was closed when we initially got there. The pizza took an additional 30 minutes to cook. By the time he received his food, we had all finished. In my opinion, that warrants a free meal, but the restaurant didn’t think so. That’s fine.
4. It was my birthday. A friend had asked the waiter early on to prepare a cake as a surprise for me. I believe that it was paid for, however I could be wrong as it was a surprise and they hadn’t told me. Long story short, the waiter forgot and had to be reminded.
Thank you so much for your honest feedback on your time with us at W&G. We are disappointed to learn that our service for your special evening fell below the very basic minimum standard expected at any restaurant, let alone the high standards we typically hold for our restaurant. We know that birthdays only happen once a year, but it would be our pleasure to make up for a dissatisfying evening. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org the name on the reservation so that we may be able to do so.
Service was great, veal Marsala was the highlight for sure! Yum!
Wife and I went for lunch on their patio on Sunday. Despite the place seeming very busy, we had very good service from Rose(?) and the gentleman who greeted us was a class act. We told him it was our anniversary and he brought us a nice piece of cake to celebrate!! We are from Toronto and visit Montreal every year for our anniversary and always make a stop at this establishment. Highly recommend!
Amazing place. The food, service and ambience was all just lovely! And the portions are HUGE. Will definitely come more often
Je mange chaque année à ma fête! J'ai découvert cette place il y a environ 20 ans. L'ambiance est toujours aussi formidable, et les serveurs toujours aussi attentionné!
Great food, great portions and great location! It’s a must in Montreal.
Waited outside 10 mins before anyone even noticed us. Food was good.
A great experience for my son’s birthday. We’ll be back again soon.
Wonderful restaurant with wonderful service! All was perfect!
We always enjoy the consistently delicious food we are served at Weinstein and Gavino’s! The pastas and pizzas are especially mouth watering. The salmon, steak and salads are also a great choice. The service is excellent, as well.
Amazing time and servers all around great night
From out of town. Party of 5 Food was great everyone enjoyed
Wanted to order a drink for 20 minutes while the waiter pass d by 10+ times without looking at me.
Pasta was dry. Salmon in the pasta was so over cook d it was white and cardboard-like.
It was amazing! We ate on the patio, the service and food as well as atmosphere was great!
Très beau souper sur la terrasse.
Great foof and service. The terrace is a great option if you prefer open spaces due to covid-19.
Nice restaurant. The food was excellent and the service was super.
The food is perfect and the waiters are so kind and professionnal. I do recommand this place without any doubt
The dishes were surprisingly big and the quality was amazing! I recommend the Misto di Mare for the sea food lovers! And the Osso Bucco.. was to die for.
Such a wonderful evening. We sat on the patio and had a pitcher of Aperol Spritz, a charcuterie board, and a margherita pizza and Chicken BBQ pizza. So good.
The place was great
Perfect for a date or a family dinner
My only commentary would be on the ac. It was so cold indoors that I had to wear my jacket in mid July
Quelle expérience horrible! Leur pizza > : fromage plastifié sur croûte brûlée au four électrique et *zéro sauce*; popletta (grosse boulette de viande en sauce) : *crue au centre* et baignant dans une sauce liquide sortie tout droit d'une boîte de conserve => renvoyée pour crédit! De plus, les prix son exorbitants $$$$. FUYEZ!
Talk about a horible experience! Their "Margherita" pizza: plastic cheeze over a no-sauce crust burned out in an electric oven; popletta (big meatball bathing in a reddish liquid sauce that came right out of a tin can) *still raw in the center* => sent back for refund! What's more, prices are so expensive it's a joke &$$&. STAY AWAY!
amazing !!! Everything was great
An amazing overall experience, the food was magnificent and the staff were so welcoming. One of my favorite restaurants in all of Canada!
Poor pasta really not al dente overcooked...Pizza just average
The food is fine, and atmosphere is good. But, poor inattentive service, despite the restaurant being only a quarter full. Our server forgot several of our simple requests, brought the appetizers out at the same time as the main meals and mentioned a tip multiple times.
Great place, great food and not too expensive. Good place overall
Wife’s salmon was a bit bland. Quality of My veal did not seem top notch. Kids enjoyed their pasta.
amazing staff good atmosphere , and we love to dine and chat a bit , the warm bun with pesto is always good to begin with we usually travel from Ottawa for such service .
I have been to W & G many times. I love the atmosphere, GF options and a he service this time around d was amazing. Our server and the manager both went above and beyond. One of my favorites in downtown Montreal.
Very good service and offers a lot of variety. Affordable and well situated.
Wienstein & Gavino's does offer delivery in partnership with Skip The Dishes and Uber Eats. Wienstein & Gavino's also offers takeout which you can order by calling the restaurant at (514) 288-2231.
Wienstein & Gavino's is rated 4.2 stars by 977 OpenTable diners.
Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Due to local restrictions, this restaurant may not be accepting reservations at the moment.