Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
The experience is split up into two parts
Part 1: Salad Bar - After being seated, guests can help themselves to our gourmet salad bar stocked with more than 30 fresh items.
Part 2: Meat - At each of our seats, we include a coaster with a red side and a green side. Once back at their table, guests can start signaling our gauchos (meat servers) by flipping over the coaster to the red side. This indicates that the guest is ready to enjoy the 13+ succulent meats, which include lamb, beef, chicken, and fish. As an accent to the meat, we provide five delicious side dishes.
Life is to be enjoyed, if you want to go somewhere to appreciate your bottle of wine and be reminded of the simple pleasures of life, this is it.
Elegante and Romantic Atmosphere
Bringing its hallmark level of quality and service to an urban location, Uchi Houston made its debut in 2012 in the former historic Felix space on Westheimer. Melding culinary innovation with an approachable vibe, the menu features items culled from both Uchi and Uchiko in Austin, along with signature seasonal items created by our Chef team. Reservations are encouraged and can be booked online up to 1 month in advance for parties of up to 7 guests. For parties 8 & larger, please visit our website for more information. Walk-in bar seating is available and is subject to wait times. We look forward to serving you, Kanpai!
Our attire is business casual. Shorts and hats are not permitted.
Ginger & Fork will offer gracious hospitality and service, high quality food, and exotic drinks in a fun and friendly atmosphere. Mary’s vision for Ginger & Fork is to create a place where she and all of her customers can reconnect with old friends, as well as form new friendships.
Our lunch menu features a range of burgers, sandwiches, and salads, all made with the freshest ingredients that are sure to delight. And on Sundays, our soon to be famous brunch offers a variety of family-style served items of the Chef’s choice that are included with your entrée selection.
With our warm and welcoming atmosphere, friendly staff, and exceptional cuisine, The Cafe Texan is the perfect spot to gather with friends and family for a satisfying meal in the heart of our community.
- LDLoDNHouston •6 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoCame here for a girls night dinner. Service was great and the food was perfect. Everything was delicious- the mussels, the steak tartar, braised short rib, corn soup, beet salad, and steak frites. Nothing was bad and the restaurant was decorated so nicely for Christmas! Definitely gets busy since it’s an instagramable spot but the food lives up to the hype.More infoAnnabelle BrasseriePrice: Moderate• French• Montrose•4.4
- ZZeemyHouston •9 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoThe food and service was excellent. They had great specials to choose from. The white truffles were amazing. My only complaints are that the tables are too close together and it is soooo loud inside that it is very hard to have a conversation.More infoZanti Cucina Italiana - River OaksPrice: Very Expensive• Italian• River Oaks•4.7
- JJohnrvipHouston •168 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoThis is our second time here and it won’t be our last. This time we brought some friends that also like nice restaurants, good food and good service and I was interested to know their opinions. All 4 of us were delighted with the arrange of the different dishes that we shared, DELICIOUS! The service was real good and the GM Chris Lampa was so kind to fill us in on the company’s background and their intentions in Houston. As we told him this is a local restaurant for us and we intend to be back often. Well worth a try guys, if you are with family or friends try sharing a bunch of the small dishes and I know that you won’t be disappointed.More infoHudson House - River OaksPrice: Moderate• American• River Oaks•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerHouston •1 review5.0Dined 7 days agoWe were pleased overall with our dining experience at Clark’s . Our server Mike Campbell enhanced our visit by recommending wonderful menu items from the best oysters to the entrees . He knew the menu and his customer service was amazing . We were celebrating our 25th anniversary and Clark’s was our top choice . We were not disappointed.More infoClark's Oyster Bar - HoustonPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Southeast Houston•4.8
- HRHopeRHouston •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023I can't say enough good things about this place! Not only did they exceed our expectations, they made sure this was one of our best dining experiences ever. Steaks were cooked to perfection and dessert was amazing. To top it off, our server was Stephanie A. She was on top of everything, and had a very outgoing and knowledgeable personality. She was attentive but not overbearing. We will definitely be back soon.More infoSteak 48 - HoustonPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• River Oaks•4.9
11 Houston restaurants perfect for special occasions
Houston’s celebration spots are as diverse as the rapidly growing city. And restaurants know how to add fuel to your festivities, whether that means a complimentary dessert, hand-written note, or a pitch-perfect Champagne bottle to match your epic night out. Your celebration might call for a round of margaritas and a queso or a stiff martini and a perfectly cooked steak. You’re in luck, because there’s no one way to celebrate in Houston. Read on for a guide to 11 restaurants made for special occasions.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Houston
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support. Explore the spots in your area.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
9 Burgers You Must Try In Miami
There’s something about a nice juicy burger that makes it the perfect craveable dish — maybe because it’s a handheld meal that’s ideal for curing ailments like extreme hunger and hangovers. With so many combinations from meat to cheese to toppings and style of bun, no two burgers are the same — and nor should they be. Fortunately, in the Magic City there’s no shortage of delicious, mouthwatering burgers to sink your teeth into. From secret sauces to secret locations there’s always a new burger to discover. Here are nine Miami burgers to put on your to-do list immediately.
Top Hispanic Owned and Operated Restaurants in the U.S.
September 15th to October 15th brings the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, a time that honors the cultures of people whose ancestors came from Central and South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain. A big part of the cultural heritage that many Latinx people share in this country is food. To honor National Hispanic Heritage Month, below find Hispanic-owned and -operated across the U.S.
A large city known for energy production, shipping, and technology, Houston offers many opportunities to try Texas’ best dishes. Texas is known for expansive cattle ranches raising quality beef, so it’s no surprise that it’s easy to find fine steakhouses and funky burger joints in Houston. Another specialty in the city is barbecue. In Houston, you will find pork ribs and beef brisket slow smoked over mesquite and oak. With its location on the Texas coastline, fresh-caught Gulf seafood is also a favorite. Seafood dishes boiled, baked, blackened or fried are among the most sought after in the city. Looking for something spicy? Don't miss out on the local Tex-Mex cuisine.
Stadium or Arena
Hotel / Lodging
Frequently asked questions
As of December 11, 2023 there are 602 restaurants in Houston. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Steakhouse, Italian, Seafood, French and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Houston who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Houston either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.