Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Open for indoor and outdoor dining and curbside takeout. Outdoors dining is subject to the weather. We have heaters but not for all tables. Please dress warmly. If there is a chance of rain we will have to cancel.
Shiro has been named the Zagat Guide's number one restaurant and is consistently one of the highest rated establishments in the guide (#5 in 2011; #2 for service in 2013). Shiro is summed up by it's ingredients. Menu items are driven by the best available, nothing less is acceptable. For over 35 years, diners have enjoyed our French and Pacific Rim inspired menu. A tradition of fine dining with excellent, friendly service. We may supplement our menu with a special Taste of Shiro (soup or salad, meat or fish, dessert). Wed/Th. The evening's menu is posted around 3pm.
As much as we love them, we must ask that your dogs and other pets stay home. Service dogs, of course, are welcome.
Chef Paul Ragan brings a feast of flavors to the dinner table.
Join us in our dining room or order the Roastie to go!
We offer the full menu at tables in our dining room and at the chef's counter, as well as at our outdoor tables. Reservations are recommended but we make every effort to accommodate walk-ins when possible.
Dunsmoor's wine bar, accessible either through the restaurant or via its own door on Ave 35, does not accept reservations and serves a limited menu of our raw and larder items.
Nick’s is dedicated to perfecting the dining experience through continuous innovation, offering the highest quality food and beverage, and executing impeccable standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Nick’s culture is personified by its Ladies and Gentlemen – professionals who share a single focus and are inspired and committed to offering great service and creating positive memorable experiences.
Nick's Pasadena will reopen on April 12, 2021 for dinner starting at 4pm. We look forward to serving you!
The restaurant is located within the Pasadena Playhouse complex.
NEED TO KNOW
for wine brought into the restaurant is $30 per 750ml bottle with no limit; we do not offer corkage for wines featured on our wine list. Liquor is not permitted to be brought into the restaurant.
Ample parking is available on surrounding streets and at several paid lots within a one-block radius. We recommend parking in the municipal lot directly behind the building we share with the Playhouse or at the underground lot just across the street
In the heart of the beautiful City of Claremont our Chef José Luis Torres is committed to delight our guests with the most flavorful foods of Mexico.
Our mission is to ensure that 100% of our guests leave our restaurant satisfied with the hospitality, the drinks and the food.
Enjoy the outdoor seating in a relaxed ambiance that will transport you to the incredible beaches of Mexico.
Alexander's Steakhouse offers a fine dining interpretation of a Modern American Steakhouse with hints of global influences throughout the menu. Featuring classic cuts such as Ribeye, Bone-In New York and Filet Mignon, to sustainable seafood, our signature Hamachi Shot and a large selection of Wagyu. We also highlight dry-aged steaks and offer the finest and most luxurious products available including two tasting menus and a Extensive Wine List. A full bar featuring some of the most unique specialty cocktails is a great way to begin your evening here at Alexander's Steakhouse.
Fortunately, Tokyo Wako also has a fantastic menu that won't disappoint. This includes the sauces used for the teppanyaki and sushi, which are all handmade. Try the shrimp tempura, beef sashimi, garlic edamame or the truffle butter edamame. If you like seafood, Tokyo Wako has an amazing deep-friend squid and deep-fried soft shell crab that you'll love. There is even a tempura ice cream here; you can choose between vanilla and green tea.
We show all sporting events, NFL, Dodgers, Lakers, Boxing, UFC & more! A chill neighbor bar with good vibes. Open format music, Top 40's & Hip-Hop.
Three bars in One Place! Our main floor is open everyday. Come play Jenga, Beer Pong or enjoy one of our delicious Burgers and Beers! Dance on the weekend! Our Basement Lounge "The Dungeon" opens at 8pm on Friday & Saturday. Our Patio is the place to be for Sunday Brunch!
Any of our 3 bars can be reserved for Private Gatherings. Email us at email@example.com
- OTOpenTable DinerLos Angeles •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoThe room & surroundings- just exquisite - so unique - Do wear walking shoes to wander the extensive gardens Many options for the diner, Traditional vs the Huntington Tea (added glass of champagne, lobster roll, bonbon) plus menu substitutions for vegan, GF or allergies. Wonderful generous cocktails or wines for add’l purchase! Beautiful selection of teas/ constant refills Excellent service- truly outstanding…ask for Edgar! Book for 3 or more pp because they do rush you a bit when just 2 pp Mgr politely told us our time was up- ! before our cc transaction was completed & returned to table with receipt :/ ! Then, he had to apologize Recommend earlier in day- volume rises considerably at full capacity. Would def repeat this lovely high tea experience (Lots of food- half eaten in photos, there was so much more!!)More infoThe Huntington's Rose Garden Tea RoomPrice: Very Expensive• Afternoon Tea• South Pasadena•4.6
- DSDavidSvipLos Angeles •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoOne of our favorite places to dine. Been clients for over 20 years and plan on continuing.More infoCelestinoPrice: Expensive• Italian• Pasadena•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerLos Angeles •1 review4.0Dined 4 days agoI really enjoyed our time at Magnolia House. The food and menu are exceptional. Staff were extremely friendly and kind. Unfortunately, the waiter didn’t check on us as often as we needed and found ourselves looking for them to order rather than coming by the table as needed. But, I will definitely be back!More infoMagnolia HousePrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Pasadena•4.6
- SSparkvipLos Angeles •5 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoAmazing food in a beautiful craftsman setting. Our server Angel and the rest of the staff were so gracious and attentive. We were a party of 9 accommodated in a semi private room which was essentially private to us minus two open doors to other rooms. Even though it wasn't specifically a holiday work dinner it felt like a cozy mini holiday event as the restaurant was decorated for the season. Cocktails were strong and well made (the gin fizz and the highball being the crowd favorite). Appetizers were all amazing and we even ordered more of the tempura miatake as a side dish. (also ordered bread and butter, ahi poke, calamari, and shishito peppers). Everyone was impressed by their food. Everything was well executed, tasty, and had a component that was unique compared to similar dishes at other restaurants. The surprise standout being the lentils that are served with the sea bass. It earned rave comments. After dinner we ordered the raspberry galette which was so good one in our party asked for the recipe. Angel graciously came back with the method. The pot de creme was also a great way to finish the meal. It wasn't too heavy or too sweet. I can't say enough about how great Angel was as our server. He's absolutely delightful, knowledgable about the menus and great at anticipating what we needed. We absolutely come back for drinks, another meal or bring my partner for a date night.More infoThe Raymond RestaurantPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Pasadena•4.6
- BLBillLvipLos Angeles •3 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoFood was very good, Jessica's service was as well. Atmosphere excellent for a business dinner. Disappointed that the ribeye was $71. Too expensive. Same with a glass of Faust Cabernet Sauvignon at $43 I believe. A nice wine but a bottle in the store is $55. I get the nice glassware, etc. that goes into a restaurant's costs but that's egregious too. Be prepared to overpay for your evening. A reluctant recommendation.More infoRuth's Chris Steak House - PasadenaPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Pasadena•4.7
Known as a mission city, San Gabriel is an artistic town where people love creativity and innovation. The food is a part of the entire scene with American fusion leading the way. Duck hash is made from duck confit, apricots, and chile jam and served at many of the American restaurants near the Cordova-style mission entrance. Mediterranean foods are a welcome addition to the area's diverse cuisine options with choices like spaghetti squash casserole with caramelized onions, organic tomatoes, zucchini and freshly made mozzarella cheese. Italian is another favorite, featured at fine dining establishments where you can get authentic handmade pasta and other provincial dishes.
Stadium or Arena
Hotel / Lodging
Frequently asked questions
As of December 6, 2023 there are 146 restaurants in Pasadena / San Gabriel. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Japanese, Italian, Steakhouse, Brazilian and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Pasadena / San Gabriel who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Pasadena / San Gabriel either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.