Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
The Lexington is more than a restaurant, it’s an institution. Located on the corner of Lexington Parkway and Grand Avenue, this St. Paul community was the most fashionable at the turn of the 19th century. The St. Paul elite lived just blocks away and the first electric trolley brought visitors up and down Grand Avenue. The Lexington opened in 1935, after the end of prohibition, and was a popular neighborhood bar to gather and socialize. Previously operating as a speakeasy, the expansive wood panels were perfect for hiding a little booze and one can only imagine the shenanigans going on beyond the hidden staircase behind the coat check. For decades following, The Lex, as it’s called by locals and enthusiasts alike, was the place to be seen; business dealings, cocktail hours, and milestone celebrations were a regular occurrence for St. Paul socialites.
The authenticity of the food is maintained by making everything from scratch, the old-fashioned way, with fresh ingredients. Even the fiery salsa is still made with fresh tomatoes, chiles, and that special Frias family touch. Our menu includes some of the more traditional foods such as guisados, sopes, carne asada, chile rellenos, and tamales. Taste is never compromised. We also have a full bar featuring the city’s best selection of Mexican beers and premium tequilas. Voted "Best Margarita" by City Pages.
Bullvino's Churrascaria was established in the spring of 2021 by two partners who each have a lifetime of experience working in churrascaria style restaurants. Through their experience they have assembled a dedicated team of service professionals who have perfected the art of churrascaria down to the finest detail.
Bullvino's Churrascaria is the product of a lifetime of hard work, dedication, and Brazilian pride. We welcome you to come visit and enjoy the heart o
"****" - Kathie Jenkins - Saint Paul Pioneer Press
Downtowner Woodfire Grill specializes in Persian fire roasted meats, grilled steaks and chops, and gourmet wood-fired pizzas. The atmosphere is warm & lively offering 2 fireplaces, a full bar with 3 fountains and live jazz. The restaurant offers free parking with convenience to both the Xcel Energy Center & Ordway Theater. Downtowner Woodfire Grill also provides a full menu for breakfast & lunch, and a children's menu. This cozy restaurant serves a great plate as well as provides an experience to savor.
It's called a chophouse because it specializes in a casual steakhouse atmosphere with top-of-the-line cuts of the finest meats. It is a Rail-house because it is on the old railroad line serving the city and rail drinks (as well as top brands) are served in the convivial atmosphere of the horseshoe bar.
And of course Bennett's is Bennett's because owners Joe and Meghan Bennett ensure that welcoming hospitality is always served. They have taken their decades of experiences with leading hospitality brands and translated it into an intimate venue where you're not only a customer, but more importantly, a welcome guest.
Come in and try our dry-rubbed wings, woodfire-roasted mussels, or crawfish hushpuppies to kick off your evening. Move on to the pork spare ribs, Carolina BBQ sandwich, or our mouth-watering smoked beef brisket. Our smoked creme brulee, banana pudding, or specialty cocktails are the perfect way to wrap up your evening at Handsome Hog. We are looking forward to seeing you at Handsome Hog!
We are the brasserie down the block! Warm and welcoming, with an urbane wit and urban sensibility, it’s an afternoon hangout and an evening refuge. The setting evokes a classic Parisian bistro/restaurant. The service is spirited, confident and capably executed. The cooking captures the freshness and hearty flavor of French cuisine. It’s the vibe inside that sets Salut apart from bowing maitre ‘d’s and snooty sommeliers. From the welcoming wine list, to the playful décor, to the genial buzz in the dining room or two Event Spaces, Salut celebrates the French restaurant’s essential qualities while dispensing of the exclusionary ones. It demystifies French food by making it accessible and rewarding while poking fun at the stereotypes that surround it. Call us to book one of our Family Style Feasts, for takeout or dine in!
Come and relax in our classy yet casual dining room or our bar area, where you will be met and served by our professional, knowledgeable and fun staff.
Axel's Restaurants "Where traditions and memories are made"
- CCChloeCMinneapolis - St. Paul •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoWe love the Lexington. The steak tartare is PHENOMENAL. Chicken Pot pie is excellent. We love the old fashioneds and other drinks. Always amazing service. That being said, we did get seated in a room with a bar & 2 tvs, and while they were silent, it was a bit distracting. However, thats the first time thats happened, otherwise, there are several TV free rooms with gorgeous architecture and vibes.More infoThe LexingtonPrice: Expensive• American• Saint Paul•4.8
- FFFineFoodFanvipLas Vegas •60 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoWhile staying at the St Paul Hotel on a Friday night, we enjoyed Rice Park and the very short walk to Kincaid’s. We arrived early but the bar accommodated us with two excellent Old Fashioneds while our table was prepared. The Apple Jack Mahi and Blackened Ahi were delicious, and our server was friendly and attentive (but not overly so). A classic experience.More infoKincaid's - St. PaulPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Saint Paul•4.5
- KHKathyHvipMinneapolis - St. Paul •25 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoWe really liked this restaurant. We arrived very early for our reservation, a staff tried hard to seat us early. In the meantime, we sat at the bar, and ended up staying there to order dinner. The bar staff (Lisa?) was so attentive and nice that we decided to stay there for dinner. We were glad we did!More infoChianti Grill - RosevillePrice: Moderate• Italian• Roseville•4.7
- LBLiulaBMinneapolis - St. Paul •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Wonderful as always. People there are so friendly and the food is always amazing. The best Brazilian restaurant in town for sure!More infoBullvino's Churrascaria St. PaulPrice: Expensive• Brazilian Steakhouse• Saint Paul•4.6
- BFBillFMinneapolis - St. Paul •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Our table was ready at the time of our reservation and although the service was a little slow the staff was continuously working hard to keep up. The food was excellent as always.More infoDowntowner Woodfire GrillPrice: Moderate• American• Saint Paul•4.6
Discover St. Paul
The Midwestern metropolis of St. Paul has gained a reputation for its unique brand of rural chic. The expansive restaurant scene aptly reflects the city's diverse influences. Abundant grills, gastropubs and steakhouses pay homage to the area's agricultural assets. Upscale Italian, Russian and French cuisine will satisfy the most discerning foodies. See how Saint Paul does the farm-to-table trend with dishes like bacon-wrapped meatloaf. Locally sourced fish is also on the menu by way of planked salmon. If you're curious about local chefs' take on contemporary cuisine, some of the best restaurants offer affordable tasting menus. Sweet corn foam, anyone? When all else fails, this Twin City is full of comfort food. Chicken pot pie is a local favorite.
Stadium or Arena
Hotel / Lodging
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Twin Cities / St. Paul is The Lexington