Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
In the Flathead Valley, just outside Glacier national park, 2022's best of the Flathead voted Whitefish Handcrafted Spirits the number 1 cocktail bar in the valley. At home in an unassuming millhouse, it is an intimate, eclectic, atmosphere with an inviting back lawn for summer lunch and fireside chats. Guests are served handcrafted classic cocktails in vintage glassware, with scratch made, locally sourced lunch and dinner menus serving from noon until 4, and 4 until 8. Visitors say, "THE best food in the valley!" "I have NEVER had a better meal." "The service, the drinks, and the food are THE BEST. 10/10!" With offerings of tacos, burgers and pitas available at lunch, and pasta made from scratch daily, creole grits and prawns and two-pound tomahawk steaks cut tableside you cannot go wrong. Join us! Make yourself at home and let us treat you like family.
We're big believers in what we eat matters, which is why we make everything from scratch daily and use locally-sourced ingredients whenever possible.
Our goal is to provide the finest dishes, drinks and service in the Flathead Valley and we hope you will join us.
If reservation times you desire are not visible please call us and we will try to accommodate you.
We invite you to join us!
From the moment you step into Mercantile Steak, the experience is one of comfortable elegance meets timeless aptitude. Within historic Kalispell Mercantile the exposed brick and Art Deco chandeliers provide a warm, stately setting for our hand selected steaks, fresh seafood, and carefully chosen wine list. With our personalized service as lively as it is professional, we look forward to treating you for a memorable experience.
Welcome to Herb and Omni inside 101 Central, an historic gathering space creating memorable experiences on every level for those who appreciate a balance of luxury and comfort.
Our founding team are seasoned entrepreneurs with experience creating award-winning restaurant concepts. Our locally sourced menus which offer both plant-based and carnivore friendly options are curated by Justin Kingsley Hall, a world-renowned executive chef who has worked with The James Beard Foundation.
Our dedicated service team is filled with familiar faces that boast strong Montana roots. In short, at Herb and Omni inside 101 Central, you’ll enjoy a warm atmosphere, wise food, and elevated entertainment
Our brand-new menu features local specialties, light snacks to pair with your après, and fresh and hearty meals designed to fuel your adventures. Join us by the towering stone fireplace, next to the rustic bar or in a quiet corner for some really good food, a pint of local brew or a specialty drink. And, of course, a warm Whitefish welcome.
Our bar menu features a variety of hors d'oeuvres, fresh salads, tasty sandwiches, wraps, and specialty flatbreads available for lunch and dinner. The dinner menu features steak and seafood options with a touch of Montana. We use local organic produce when in season, all desserts are handmade by our executive pastry chef and freshly-prepared with nightly features, and the Boat Club's bar has wine, beer, and cocktail options to complement any meal.
Come dine with us for a night out that you won't forget!
- CCCarhyCMontana •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoAlways an amazing time at Abruzzo. Spectacular service. Amazing food. Worth making time to enjoy a special evening with friends and family. Couldn’t recommend more ! GO❣️More infoAbruzzo ItalianPrice: Moderate• Italian• Whitefish•4.7
- JBJohnBExclusive •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoWe were there to celebrate my birthday and our 30 year anniversary. One of the nicest meals we have enjoyed. We will definitely return and recommend Mercantile to our friends.More infoMercantile Steak & KM BarPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Kalispell•4.7
- KUKimUIdaho •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoSuper service and food/ drinks were yummy! Will be back!More infoWhitefish DistilleryPrice: Moderate• American• Whitefish•4.7
- DBDeanBvipOrange County •2 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoGreat service (Gace), upscale atmosphere though the front room catches a cold draft because of the proximity to the entrance. Enjoyed crab cakes, shrimp cocktail, arranging apps, entrees were scallops and a steak special along with au gratin potatoes. All the food was top notch with a great presentation. Steak special and the beef cuts in general are pricey. Overall, it was great.More infoHerb & OmniPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Whitefish•4.4
- ADAmberDMontana •1 review5.0Dined 5 days agoOur party of 3 dined here on a quiet Tuesday night on the off season. Service was fantastic and fun without being overbearing. Our party ordered 3 entrees, 2 appetizers and 2 desserts. Every item we ordered was creative, carefully crafted, and cooked and seasoned to perfection. Most importantly, everything was delicious. The bartender was also excellent and made me some unique cocktails based on my preference with homemade spiced simple syrup and fresh squeezed blood oranges. We eat out a lot, and this has got to be the best food in the valley. Try it. You won't be disappointed.More infoFreeStonePrice: Expensive• American• Kalispell•4.4
The charming cities of Kalispell and Whitefish are home to a great selection of dining establishments with many delicious dishes. When it comes to a variety of meats, these areas have you covered. You could try the bison or elk at one of the American restaurants or steakhouses. Or, you could stop in and indulge in an amazing lamb dish at one of the contemporary American restaurants. If you're in the mood for something more traditional, you could try out the local ribeye steak or prime rib at any of the local appetizing eateries. When you're ready for dessert, these areas also have some sweeter options available, including many desserts and beverages made from huckleberries.
Hotel / Lodging