Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
The Boathouse experience begins with a drive along the shores of beautiful West Grand Traverse Bay and its sparkling blue waters.
When you dine with us, you get the best of both worlds: We are both locavores and connoisseurs of what the rest of the world has to offer, so you get the freshest, finest ingredients from near and far. Owner Doug Kosch adheres to the "farm to table" concept.
Warm hospitality is at the heart of everything we do. Because we are family-owned and operated, we personalize your visits and attend to special needs. Our staff is our greatest asset and we work hard with them to create extraordinary dining experiences.
Our wine list is a compilation of our favorites from around the world. Our new wine cellar and Retail Program showcase these items and make them readily available for takeout at extremely moderate pricing. Our draught program includes ever-rotating microbrews and our cocktails are handcrafted with the finest ingredients.
Please visit our website for further information, sample menus & directions. Online reservations are limited, please call if you do not see the availability you want. We look forward to having you as our guest!
*We do not have a children's menu; young children are strongly discouraged. We are a small space ~ limits are in place for larger parties.
4653 S. Straits Highway, Indian River, MI, 49749.
We strive to not only provide exceptional food and service, but also offer you a dining experience that will leave you with memories for years to come. While our house specialty is our Famous Shrimp Dinners, we offer a variety of menu items for you to enjoy including Steaks, Seafood and Wood Fired Pizzas.
Experience the almost seamless setting of “up north” blue waters and pure air. Delight in the breathtaking sunsets while sipping finely crafted cocktails. An unforgettable experience in dining, with the freshest of local produce, fish and game, prepared in carefully understated fashion to respect the wonderful specialness of original flavors.
The Lakeview Bar offers a more casual dining experience. It includes a bar with multiple flat screens to catch up on the latest leaderboard updates, indoor dining and a uncovered porch with panoramic views of Lake Michigan. Seating for an additional 30 is available in the Lakeview Dining Room, including a private space for that special occasion—all of course with spectacular views of Lake Michigan and Arcadia Bluffs.
The Sunroom offers additional seating with stunning views of Lake Michigan. It is also available as private space that can be sectioned off into two spaces that accommodate up to 45 on each side or opened up to host 90 guests. The Sunroom also has an outdoor glass walled terrace with seating available for use with private events.
Directly overlooking the Straits of Mackinac, guests enjoy flawless service in our glass-enclosed dining room or on one of our breezy outdoor waterfront verandas. The restaurant features an extensive wine list, full bar and nightly entertainment at the piano bar.
The world of chemistry works on an elemental level. Now experience what happens to your world when the elements work for you. A modern, 40 seat casual dining restaurant - Café Zinc is designed and themed to represent a French bistro setting. Our French pastry Chef prepares a daily assortment of house made pastries and breads for use in the restaurant as well as retail sale.
- OTOpenTable DinerSan Francisco Bay Area •2 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoWe come up to Mission Peninsula for our anniversary because we were married here ten years ago. This is the first time we’ve eaten at the Boat House and we’ll definitely be back. Food was amazing, the service and the ambiance were incredible. Highly recommend.More infoBoathouse RestaurantPrice: Very Expensive• European• Traverse City•4.9
- SSpartydanoNorthern Michigan / Upper Peninsula •1 review4.0Dined on Nov 23, 2023Over all a good experience. Colleen did a good job and was very friendly. The table could have been cleared more quickly and there seemed to be staff around to help Colleen do that. It has a great view and the special turkey dinner as it was Thanksgiving was delicious.More infoLakeview RestaurantPrice: Expensive• American• Bellaire•3.8
- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •2 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 23, 2023We were there for the first time to celebrate Thanksgiving. Management graciously accommodated our seating preference, the food was delicious, service exceptional and the view a wonderful bonus! We will return.More infoAerie Restaurant & LoungePrice: Very Expensive• American• Acme•4.4
- LHLisaHChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Beautiful restaurant with amazing food. Highly recommend!More infoArtisan - Traverse CityPrice: Expensive• American• Traverse City•4.7
- CSCathySNorthern Michigan / Upper Peninsula •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Very enjoyable experience. Was disappointed they were out of lobster though.More infoBourbons 72Price: Expensive• Steak• Traverse City•4.6
Discover Northern Michigan
The Upper Peninsula of Michigan is a heavily forested region rich in game. This area features plenty of outdoor activities and a short but produce-rich summer season. Multiple wineries dot Northern Michigan, offering tastings and dining options paired with the intense and fruity wines made from short-season grapes. Freshwater fish, both cooked and smoked, are abundant and prepared to perfection. Fans of craft beer will enjoy both the beverages and the views of the surrounding lakes in the gorgeous country north of Lake Michigan. If the chill is hard to shake, you can warm things up in Marquette with a Cajun dinner. Be sure to save room for dessert. The Upper Peninsula is rich with wild berries, and you can't leave without trying some pie!
Stadium or Arena
Hotel / Lodging