Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Please note: We do not accept reservations for the outdoor deck seating; it is on a first-come, first-serve basis. When checking in for your reservation, you are welcome to inquire about available outdoor deck seating. If there is an available table we can show you right out. Otherwise, if there is a wait we will let you know how long the wait is for a table on the deck and you can decide if you would like to wait for an outdoor table, or go ahead and take your secure reservation inside.
Table reservations for the patio are honored based on request and availability at the time of arrival; due to the frequently changing weather circumstances of the Seattle area and the popularity of our outdoor dining spaces, we are unable to guarantee reservations for the patio.
The interior setting of The Restaurant at Alderbrook takes its inspiration from the outdoors with warm colors of chocolate brown and sage green representing the gardens and lawn of the resort. Floor-to-ceiling windows and multi-levels amplify views of the brilliant shore and snow-capped peaks of the Olympic Mountains.
The cuisine showcases local seafood harvested from Puget Sound and Hood Canal. After all, our shores are encrusted with oysters, our docks lined with mussels, and our sea teems with salmon.
Mizu Steakhouse offers a variety of libations to pair with meals. It provides outdoor seating and take-out service.
- NANormanAVancouver / British Columbia •19 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoGreat food great service great value. This place just does it rightMore infoMama Stortini's - Kent StationPrice: Moderate• American• Kent•4.4
- PpjcairnSeattle / Eastern Washington •5 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023We had a most enjoyable experience at Duke's for dinner. The food was outstanding, the service was great and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Will definitely be going back.More infoDuke's Seafood - Kent StationPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Kent•4.7
- EElaineSeattle / Eastern Washington •18 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Donna was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. The food was brought in a timely fashion and the presentation of each of the dishes was excellent. I would definitely use this restaurant again for a special occasionMore infoCopperleaf Restaurant & BarPrice: Expensive• Regional American (Northwest)• Seatac•4.6
- CCtwovipWashington, D.C. Area •85 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Food is always excellent, the happy hour specials are a great value and the entire menu is worth trying, you cannot go wrong at Dukes. While the 3 course dinner is my usual go to, I opted for the Dungeness crab salad this time and it too was outstanding.More infoDuke's Seafood - SouthcenterPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Tukwila•4.7
- JMJamesMSeattle / Eastern Washington •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Outstanding service, great view, and very good food. We did our anniversary there and will do it again. This is a great place for friends, family and special occasions. The staff is super friendly and meets your every needs. Great place and the price is reasonable even after covid.More infoAnthony's HomePort - Des MoinesPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Des Moines•4.6
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Seattle
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
12 top date night restaurants in Seattle
Seattle’s romantic restaurants show that with market-fresh plates, Northwestern wines, and some mood lighting, sparks can fly in the Emerald City. Set the stage for a monumental moment with exquisite seafood at a kaiseki spot in Belltown. In Pike/Pine, whisk a date away on a whirlwind trip to not-quite Greece. Or share a plate of hand-cut noodles to celebrate a special occasion at an acclaimed Piedmont trattoria. Even though most people in town consider fancy flannel dressing up, these places serve you a splash of something sexier. Read on for a guide to Seattle’s 12 most romantic restaurants to book now.
5 Must-Book Restaurants in Seattle
Despite economic challenges, restaurant openings currently outpace closures in the Seattle area. The exciting new crop mirrors the Emerald City’s own diversity, and includes a swanky, American brasserie at the city’s revamped Fairmont Olympic Hotel, a Moroccan restaurant in the heart of Pike Place Market, and a family-run Vietnamese joint in Haller Lake. Here are five hot spots to book in Seattle right now.
The Best Places to Grab a Drink in Seattle
Like the dazzling Emerald City itself, Seattle’s bar scene is a lot of things at once: it is a craft beer haven, teems with celebrated grunge dives, and boasts wine lists featuring the best of Washington’s locally produced bottles. No matter your drink of choice, there is a speakeasy, wine bar, or brewery for whatever strikes your fancy. Find your next drink at one of these innovative bars focused on craft, quality, and, of course, good times.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
The Top 9 Seattle Restaurants for Outdoor Dining
For much of the year, Seattle is gray, a bit cold—and yes, rainy. But from May to September, sunshine and warm temps transform the city. Across Seattle, there are many perfect patios for sipping cocktails, lakeside venues with skyline views and fresh seafood, and cozy backyards to enjoy al fresco dining. So while the sunshine doesn’t last long in the Emerald City, as summer inches closer, here are a few of the best places in the city to visit for excellent food and drinks outside.
The 10 Greatest Restaurants in Seattle
There’s great seafood to be consumed in Seattle, but it’s only the beginning of what the Emerald City has to offer. Boasting one of the country’s most creative and diverse dining scenes, Seattle is dedicated to sourcing locally—from land to sea. Storied restaurants, from Canlis, the pinnacle of Pacific Northwestern fine-dining, to chic modern hangouts like the Walrus and the Carpenter, prove Seattle’s range and prowess. And even as the city’s changed over the last decade, growing and evolving under a massive tech boom, its soul remains as vibrant and bold as ever.
The Top Restaurants by Cuisine in Seattle
Whether it’s a margherita pizza or sashimi you seek, here are the best places by cuisine type, according to our tastemakers.
Discover South of Seattle
Whether you're headed into or out of the city, there are many wonderful reasons to linger south of Seattle. The dining options here are more laid-back but with the same quality you'd expect in the big city. Classic American seafood is still in high demand, but the area also supports less common cuisines, like Caribbean and Thai. Get a real feel for the Pacific Northwest with locally sourced, award-winning chowders, or get a taste of something else entirely with island-inspired dishes like jerk chicken. Pan-Asian fare abounds. You'll have your choice of everything from traditional miso soup to Thai swimming rama.
Stadium or Arena
Underground railway station
Hotel / Lodging
Frequently asked questions
As of December 10, 2023 there are 40 restaurants in South of Seattle. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Seafood, American, Italian, Regional American (Northwest), Japanese and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in South of Seattle who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in South of Seattle either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.