Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
We are still serving authentic Italian and Mediterranean cuisine, We pride ourselves on using fresh local produce, as we know this will result in the highest quality dishes for our customers.
Our new Terrace is now open for the summer, each table has its own parasol and heater, although this will keep you dry in showers we cannot guarantee to keep you dry in some circumstances. We also cannot guarantee a table inside once booked on the terrace.
Bookings are available for food only. We are happy for you to join us just for drinks, but due to limited tables this will be on a walk in basis only.
We look forward to seeing you at Vivido
Michael, Louise & the Team.
Begin your visit with a relaxed tipple in the airy atrium, or cosy bar before taking a seat in the brighter, more spacey dining room. Here you’ll enjoy food with a fresh, seasonal flavour. Imaginative and but with a nod to traditionalism, The restaurant’s cuisine is skillfully and carefully prepared for you by the kitchen’s talented and well trained chefs.
Please note you are booking for the Brasserie and not the outdoor beer garden.
Our food is a mix of Cajun inspired dishes and tastes from around the globe, served on smaller plates giving the guest a chance to be more adventurous with their choices. The drinks and cocktails menu are designed to complement the extensive food menu.
Street food on a plate, who knew??!!
Rated number #5 nationally and #15 globally on Deliveroo, you will not get a better burger in York (or anywhere)!
Daily house made dips to tickle all taste buds is a perfect match with a choice of our Buttermilk chicken strips, wings, burgers or fries
Vegan options are available and are just as delicious.
Pop in and give us a try - you will not be disappointed.
We're a pub that serves great honest, great tasting food, done well!
With an enviable reputation for superb home cooked, traditional British food, the Queens Head is a popular venue lunchtimes and evenings.
Everything we do is home cooked by our dedicated kitchen team using quality local ingredients, wherever possible.
From sandwiches and light salads to hearty home made steak pie with Old Peculier, to our famous mixed grill (not for the feint hearted) and mouth watering desserts.
We're also well known for our succulent steaks. Tasty locally grown vegetables accompany our meals.
- OTYorkshire •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoWent here for our anniversary. It's a lovely location beside the river. Particularly in Winter with Christmas lights up and a festive menu. The staff were attentive but also left us to enjoy our orders. The food and drinks were perfect. Recommend the parsnip soup starter and ox cheek main. Cocktails were tasty. There was also wine suggestions to accompany the food. It felt like a real treat dining here. Hope to go again for an occasion soon.More infoThe Star Inn The CityPrice: Expensive• Contemporary British• York•4.5
- JJJoJoDurham/County Durham •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Perfect relaxed evening if you enjoy good food and a few hours of Jazz in a candlelit setting. Service was outstanding.More infoNolaPrice: Expensive• Bistro• York•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerManchester/Greater Manchester •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Great food. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff seemed happy to be there which is rare these days.More infoBill's Restaurant & Bar - YorkPrice: Moderate• Contemporary British• York•4.4
- KWKateWYorkshire •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Absolutely fabulous, from being welcomed by the Front of House to us leaving, we were made to feel welcome and all the staff, food & atmosphere was fantasticMore infoLa Vecchia ScuolaPrice: Moderate• Italian• York•4.5
- LSLynneSYorkshire •2 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Beautiful and festive surroundings Feels special Service outstanding Always enjoyMore infoThe Ivy St. Helen’s SquarePrice: Expensive• Contemporary British• York•4.6
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in North Yorkshire is Legacy at The Grand, York