- BBarbCalgary / Southern Alberta •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoAmazing food, outstanding service! Many different flavors and vegetarian options. Dessert was delicious too. Added on the reservation that was our anniversary and one of the desserts we ordered was on the house, which was so nice of them. We had an amazing time, will definitely visit again.More infoTen Foot Henry$$$$Price: Expensive• Contemporary Canadian• Calgary•4.8
- NNatashakWinnipeg / Manitoba •7 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoWe had Alec as our server, he went above and beyond every step of the way! We love Chairman’s but he made our experience that much better. We loved the new additions to the menu, the octopus, gnocchi and cauliflower were delicious. We had a ribeye, shrimp cocktail and oysters as well and those were awesome too! We will def be back soon!More infoChairman’s Steakhouse$$$$Price: Very Expensive• Steak• Calgary•4.8
- MJMaggieJCalgary / Southern Alberta •7 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoIt was a pleasure! From the host to the servers it was an amazing experience! The food was delicious! The host placed us at a wonderful table with the Calgary Tower in front of us (the fire was lit up that night!) It was the best choice to celebrate our anniversary!More infoMAJOR TOM$$$$Price: Expensive• Continental• Downtown•4.7
- KKennedyCalgary / Southern Alberta •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoThe atmosphere is beautiful, very modern and chic. I love the dim lit lighting and the candles. Our service was phenomenal as well, food came out on time etc. The food and drinks were outstanding as well , everything we got was so yummy. We will be coming back!More infoBarbarella$$$$Price: Moderate• Italian• Calgary•4.6
- SBSallyBCalgary / Southern Alberta •1 review4.0Dined on Jun 27, 2022Food and service at Original Joe's in Strathmore was great. Got our food quickly and it was delicious. Definitely will be returning.More infoOriginal Joe's - Strathmore$$$$Price: Moderate• undefined• Strathmore•3.5
Calgary's Award-winning Restaurants
Discover award winning restaurants in Calgary.
These Are the 14 Best Calgary Restaurants for Celebrating Special Occasions
Even though the COVID-19 pandemic has altered how we celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and other special occasions, most of us are still inclined to mark milestones with some kind of food. Some people are choosing to gather at home with a lavish take-out spread ordered from a favorite restaurant, while others are getting together with small groups of close friends or family to savor a good restaurant meal. Calgary is full of restaurants ideal for celebrating life’s special occasions, whether you’re looking for a luxurious multi-course tasting menu or beers over a fully loaded pizza. While the pandemic has limited how many revelers can come to the table, most of the city’s celebratory restaurants are open for business and ready to help diners feel like they’re escaping the weight of the world, even for a couple of hours or so. These Calgary restaurants are all worthy of hosting small celebrations.