Make a free reservation
Available for lunch now in Orillia
Outdoor dining in Orillia
Check out diners' favourite restaurants in Orillia
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Chef Joel's cuisine is inspired by the tapas bars of the Basque country (Southern France & Northern Spain) with a focus on seafood, preserved meats and raw foods. Join us for lunch, dinner or snacks & drinks 7 days a week.
Shop the provisions shop for ‘pic up & go’ snacks. You’ll also find steaks from The Common Stove and a curated selection of over over 75 wines and beers in our bottleshop.
Tapas & Wine Bar
Fresh Bread & Bottleshop
Live Music & Oysters
Patio Seating & Provisions Shop
Groceries & Gifts
Wine Club & Scotch Socials
PICNIC: a deliciously good time!
Built around a wood-fired grill cooking local meats and vegetables, with a farm-to-table focus on local growers. The Common Stove is a place to gather for good spirits, community & conviviality.
Restaurant experiences trending in Orillia
See what locals rave about in Orillia
- SLSaraLToronto / Ontario •2 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoWe enjoyed it so much yesterday, we are coming back tonight!More infoState & Main Kitchen + Bar - Orillia$$$$• undefined• Orillia•4.3
- DCDC06Toronto / Ontario •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jun 1, 2023For those who like The Common Stove in Orillia, their sister restauraunt Picnic is a great extension. Small plates & a great wine and beer selection. Can't wait to return to this great Tapas Bar.More infoPICNIC$$$$• Tapas / Small Plates• Orillia•4.9
- TMTaraMToronto / Ontario •1 review5.0Dined on Apr 8, 2023Service was great. Food was delicious with very generous portions. The band was very talented as well. Very nice evening. Thank you!More infoFionn MacCool's - Orillia Waterfront$$$$• American• Orillia•3.9
- MMimiToronto / Ontario •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Even tho the cost was fairly high the food was excellent. Portions are too large as even an 8 oz prime rib roast was monstrous! Big portions of side vegetables is enough for 3-4 people. Only fault is I ordered flourless chocolate cake but was served chocolate fudge cake which I didn’t care for. Dinner for 2 with cocktails, 1glass wine, coffee & dessert just under $200. Very nice ambiance and server was excellent.More infoSt. Germain's - Casino Rama Resort$$$$• Steakhouse• Orillia•4.5
- AIAmandaIToronto / Ontario •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We went for my Birthday and had a fantastic meal. (Beef Wellington was out of this world) I loved the vibe. It was open and casual and still has an air of elegance. And it was quiet. Great food, friendly staff, and the ability to have a peaceful conversation all makes me look forward to returning.More infoThe Common Stove$$$$• Steak• Orillia•4.9
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in Orillia
The Best Places to Grab a Drink in Toronto
Whether you prefer a cozy dive bar, a cheerful brewpub, or a swanky hotel lounge, there’s no shortage of places in Toronto to enjoy a drink. The city’s after-dark scene teems with creative mixologists, innovative drink menus, and settings that tempt you to linger. Many of Toronto’s best bars invite you to bring both your thirst and your hunger, with top-notch food menus giving you the option to stay for a meal. Read on for OpenTable’s picks of where to go for low-intervention wine—that’s vino produced with minimum interference from the winemaker—perfectly-prepared old fashioneds, or locally brewed ales in Toronto.
The 18 Greatest Restaurants Around Toronto
Toronto’s distinctive neighbourhoods and multicultural history make the city one of the most exciting places to eat in the country. Many of the city’s greatest restaurants merge Canadian food traditions with those from other parts of the world, showcasing what happens when the country’s ingredients meet those from Korea, China, Pakistan, and beyond. And when the past several years pushed the city’s entire hospitality industry to the brink, restaurants in The 6 rose to the occasion, keeping Torontonians fed and their pantries full. There’s no better time to acknowledge and support the restaurants that have had an immeasurable influence on modern dining in Toronto: meet The Greats, the 18 restaurants that breathe life into the city.
The Top 12 Toronto Restaurants for Outdoor Dining
Toronto comes to life during patio season, and a long dreary winter of lockdowns makes its arrival this year feel particularly celebratory. From glamorous rooftops with bar bites to tranquil backyard settings with Asian-influenced fare, there’s an al fresco restaurant for every mood and craving. Read on to discover some of the top spots for outdoor dining in Toronto.
11 of Toronto’s outstanding spots for celebrating special occasions
Torontonians come from all corners of the world. So it’s only natural that the special occasion restaurants in Canada’s largest city have global sensibilities. Celebrate a relationship milestone at a hidden French countryside escape in Midtown. Take a group gathering to a lively King West karaoke spot with Sichuan-inspired plates. For an epic birthday dinner, head to a Harbourfront Italian icon that was just awarded a MICHELIN star. Queen City’s restaurants are ready to host your next anniversary, family reunion, or promotion. Read on for a list of Toronto's top 11 special occasion spots to book now.
Toronto’s 6 Best New Restaurants to Try
With restaurants featuring big-name chefs, bold flavours, and jaw-dropping views, Toronto continues to earn its reputation as an exciting food town. The summer of 2022 ushered in a wave of new openings and resurrections. There are fine-dining venues serving artfully plated masterpieces, design-forward restaurants dishing out seriously high-quality fare, and casual spots serving relaxed vibes with great food. No matter what you’re craving, these must-book Toronto tables, the best of Queen City right now, offer something for diners of all stripes.
Where to Find the Best Burgers in Toronto
Few foods are more soul-warmingly satisfying than a well-made burger. This classic handheld never goes out of style — perhaps because the best burgers strike a delicate balance between the familiar and the novel. The beef-and-bun combo is timeless and comforting, but — from fancy wagyu patties to globally influenced condiments and housemade buns — there are endless ways to dress it up and intrigue diners’ taste buds. Whether you prefer a locally sourced beef burger enjoyed in stylish surroundings or a light, alternative protein option that you can eat on the run, these 10 essential Toronto burgers satisfy every kind of craving.
The 12 most romantic restaurants in Toronto for every type of date
Toronto’s signature diversity infuses many aspects of its food scene, including its batch of romantic restaurants. For some couples, date night means crisp white tablecloths, fine wine, and exceptional service. Others lust after buzzy hotspots that encourage them to lean in close for intimate conversations. Fortunately, the Queen City is well-stocked with both kinds of places—and everything in between. In North York, a decades-old French landmark, known for its flower-filled patio, is sure to impress even the choosiest date. A Trinidadian chef serves up inspired Caribbean cuisine and dreamy getaway vibes at a rustic Queen West restaurant. Shareable small plates pair well with flirty banter at a beloved tapas joint in Little Italy. Whether you’re wooing a new crush or celebrating your 10th wedding anniversary, Toronto has a table for you. Read on for a guide to 12 of the city’s most romantic restaurants, poised for every type of date.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Toronto
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Frequently asked questions
Celebrate special occasion at the best restaurants in Orillia. Our customers recommend St. Germain's - Casino Rama Resort, The Common Stove and The KTCHN
As of June 10, 2023 there are 12 restaurants in Orillia. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Steakhouse, Steak, Canadian, Tapas / Small Plates, Sports Bar and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Orillia who deliver with Uber Eats, ChowNow, Skip The Dishes, Toast.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Orillia either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Lakehead University Residence and Conference Centre
- Lakeside Inn
- Highwayman Inn & Conference Centre
- Best Western Plus Mariposa Inn & Conference Centre
- Holiday Motel
- Days Inn - Orillia
- Casino Rama
- Beaverton Harbour
- Northland Motel
- Mara Provincial Park
- Lake Dalrymple Resort
- Leacock Museum National Historic Site
- Orillia Museum of Art And History
- Mcrae Point Provincial Park
- Comfort Inn Orillia
- Creighton Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast
- Orillia Community Centre Arena
- Best Western Plus Couchiching Inn & Suites
- Knights Inn Harbour Resort and Hotel
- MoonStone Bed and Breakfast